There are 162 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Can't undersell the idea that we seemingly avoided the real disaster consequences by finding a competent QB in the next draft and bringing back a successful veteran in Jimmy, to a lesser extent.

Not only would it have been a waste of a large amount of assets but it could have slammed our window shut without some roster overhaul and bringing in a QB through trade or FA.

It was the football gods price to get a pro bowl qb with Mr. Irrelevent.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Is the plan for him to be the Cowboys running back next season?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah the Vikings aren't a very good team. They aren't bad but no where near a contender. Depending on how JJ looks, I'd probably just play him. He comes from a pro style offense anyways and has a great safety blanket in Jefferson.

imo, you either play sam for a little to acclimate JJ and then make the swap or you just ride with JJ the whole year (hopefully injury) and see how he grows. Starting Sam really shouldn't be much of a thought.

i doubt Sam thought they were taking a qb on the first round when he signed there, it's essentially guaranteed he won't have a chance at revitalizing himself like baker did.

If Caleb is at all functional I don't see how the Vikes aren't last in the division.

Not only do they play in a really tough division, but they aren't a complete team at all. So I agree, it's very likely they're fourth in their division.

lions and pack are going to be really good (I still question if the packers are as good as they looked down the stretch, let's see how they look with expectations). Bears have some talent - let's see how they hit the scene. Will be fun to watch. Lions vs 49ers in the NFCC again, IMO.
Yeah the Vikings aren't a very good team. They aren't bad but no where near a contender. Depending on how JJ looks, I'd probably just play him. He comes from a pro style offense anyways and has a great safety blanket in Jefferson.

imo, you either play sam for a little to acclimate JJ and then make the swap or you just ride with JJ the whole year (hopefully injury) and see how he grows. Starting Sam really shouldn't be much of a thought.

i doubt Sam thought they were taking a qb on the first round when he signed there, it's essentially guaranteed he won't have a chance at revitalizing himself like baker did.

Agreed. Unless its a situation where JJ is so terrible and/or getting the absolute s**t beat out of him to the point of confidence loss, there's no way he shouldn't be playing.

You'd have to have seen some previous conversations with Faithful around high drafted QBs and the teams around them to really understand why this is a funny argument, at least specifically with the Vikings.

It's def not the same situation we had with Lance. The 49ers were stacked and had super bowl aspirations, meanwhile Lance was insanely raw. He needed to just play and learn the game at this level - it was a horrific situation for Lance and the 49ers, taking a guy that raw was a crazy gamble. JJ is most likely more ready than he is but the Vikings aren't expecting to compete for a chip… or a division title etc.

Like you said, unless JJ is horrible or the Vikings are so bad that it's breaking him mentally - he should be playing. Vikings have enough talent to help him grow/develop and don't have the pressure of expectations. It's also a small media town.
Not only do they play in a really tough division, but they aren't a complete team at all. So I agree, it's very likely they're fourth in their division.

lions and pack are going to be really good (I still question if the packers are as good as they looked down the stretch, let's see how they look with expectations). Bears have some talent - let's see how they hit the scene. Will be fun to watch. Lions vs 49ers in the NFCC again, IMO.

Gonna be interesting to see how much the coaching changes help the Eagles. I think they will likely be back in the mix with everything. Rams will also be tough. Lions will still be held back in the end by Goof.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 29, 2024 at 6:41 PM ]

Gonna be interesting to see how much the coaching changes help the Eagles. I think they will likely be back in the mix with everything. Rams will also be tough. Lions will still be held back in the end by Goof.

Yeah, Philly is an interesting situation. I suspect the coaching will be better but I still think they have a lot of talent issues and I question how much the players actually trust their HC. Also, it'll be HARD to replace Kelce anchoring the o line.

lions are Uber talented. I'm hoping our defense does a better job against their run. Rams will be tough.

i have a hard time trusting the rams & packers because they didn't have any expectations last year. I think they're good teams but it's a different ball game when you're expected to compete for a chip and everything is magnified. It'll be fin
Originally posted by pd24:

FB
they got Zeke back
WE DEM BUMS
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by pd24:

FB
they got Zeke back

Cowboys running back situation is pathetic. Hell I wonder if we can send one of ours their way for a good pick 😈. I bet Mitchell could fetch a fourth or so.

i think the cowboys draft was subpar too.
Can't undersell the idea that we seemingly avoided the real disaster consequences by finding a competent QB in the next draft and bringing back a successful veteran in Jimmy, to a lesser extent.

Not only would it have been a waste of a large amount of assets but it could have slammed our window shut without some roster overhaul and bringing in a QB through trade or FA.

It was the football gods price to get a pro bowl qb with Mr. Irrelevent.

I misread Smokey's post initially and thought it was "can't understand the idea…" lmao I was like huh? What's hard to understand about it??

I find it crazy how we had INSANELY HORRIBLE luck with qb health, like historically bad, but then followed it up with historically good luck on Brock. Lol

As long as Brock stays healthy, he will probably help kyles legacy be defined. He was on track to be known as a great offensive mind with average qb play - something many great coaches have fallen victim to. Now he has a chance to go on a 12+ year run and do special things, as long as they build a good roster around him and sustain it with drafting and health.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Now thar you lay it out like that, yeah if Bryce doesn't work out, it's far worse. Shocking that our trade could be topped so soon.

Yup. We have gone through things that typically destroy franchises.
Given that the Cowboys have declined to pick up the 5th year option on Trey, what are the chances that he survives a full training camp? Is there an outside chance that Dallas cuts him loose? Is his time in the NFL over? Or does he attempt to resurrect his career elsewhere, OR by attempting a position switch to RB?

Lots of questions!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Given that the Cowboys have declined to pick up the 5th year option on Trey, what are the chances that he survives a full training camp? Is there an outside chance that Dallas cuts him loose? Is his time in the NFL over? Or does he attempt to resurrect his career elsewhere, OR by attempting a position switch to RB?

Lots of questions!

Can't see them cutting him this year. Would think he'll enter free agency next year and have next to no real opportunity to be a team's starter.
Can't see them cutting him this year. Would think he'll enter free agency next year and have next to no real opportunity to be a team's starter.

Mike Nolan may pounce
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Mike Nolan may pounce

Lol. I honestly had to google where the dude even was.
Share 49ersWebzone