Originally posted by Koldo:
"Plus arm talent"

passes wobble like Shaun Hill
He stinks
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
"Plus arm talent"

Did I miss something? Where is this stemming from?
Cowboys plan to give Trey Lance "a ton" of reps in OTAs, training camp
Originally posted by tankle104:
"Plus arm talent"

Koldo said plus arm talent, which probably came from the draft process we were told that's what we are getting, he doesn't throw like it
his balls are terrible and wobble, not much velo either, Kaep could sling it way harder, you can tell that in seconds of watching each man
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
"Plus arm talent"

Koldo said plus arm talent, which probably came from the draft process we were told that's what we are getting, he doesn't throw like it
his balls are terrible and wobble, not much velo either, Kaep could sling it way harder, you can tell that in seconds of watching each man

I was actually pulling receipts on that guy from NY who claimed that Brock lacked the "plus arm talent" Trey has and was therefore the inferior player.
[ Edited by Koldo on May 15, 2024 at 11:09 AM ]
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/trey-lance-at-my-best-heading-into-qb2-battle

QB2 battle...soon

I want to root for Trey but it's hard with him being a Dallas Cowboy. Hopefully they trade him to a more likeable team.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

close to being whupped on by Green Bay 50-0.. aka the Dallas system

Originally posted by JTB1974:
I want to root for Trey but it's hard with him being a Dallas Cowboy. Hopefully they trade him to a more likeable team.

Same. I wanted him to go to the Vikings

Thats a weird thing to say.. I actually view it as almost as a slight. lol I guess it sorta makes sense cause he came to the team late but realistically learning a system is no where near the hard part - it's executing it on the field, calling the right plays, identifying things in the huddle etc - AKA REPS!. lol which he wasn't even active on game days or second string, so he hasn't got any reps.

so that's great, he knows the system NOW from a book standpoint - he knew it here too since he was here for a few years, he just never could put it on the field in any sort of consistent basis.

to me, it was extremely telling that the niners traded him to the cowboys, a conference rival for the Super Bowl. Shows what they really think he will become, IMO. But who knows - I could be wrong.
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Same. I wanted him to go to the Vikings

I was sort of hoping falcons. It's interesting that the bills almost got him for a 6th, before the cowboys offered a 4th (mustapha). I'd root for him if he wasn't a cowboy. I think he will be a long term backup in this league but his road has been rough, maybe he can pull a Geno smith in like 6 years.

I looked it up after I replied and it's basically what I said. Lol

"McCarthy said Lance is "definitely" an improved quarterback compared to where he was when he arrived in Dallas last year, and that his work in learning the Cowboys' offense has been outstanding.

"Young quarterback comes into a new system, so you got the learning curve, but now starting to get the timing with the routes," McCarthy said. "He's close to being a master of the system. He has a really high understanding. He's communicating very well. He looks more and more comfortable. He just needs reps. I know I say that every time I talk about him. He just needs as many reps as he can."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I looked it up after I replied and it's basically what I said. Lol

"McCarthy said Lance is "definitely" an improved quarterback compared to where he was when he arrived in Dallas last year, and that his work in learning the Cowboys' offense has been outstanding.

"Young quarterback comes into a new system, so you got the learning curve, but now starting to get the timing with the routes," McCarthy said. "He's close to being a master of the system. He has a really high understanding. He's communicating very well. He looks more and more comfortable. He just needs reps. I know I say that every time I talk about him. He just needs as many reps as he can."

Personally i think Trey can be a good QB. Kyle drafted him and even though he was traded to the Cowboys - who offered the highest trade compensation - i still respect Kyle's initial evaluation of Trey's QB talent. Its just bad luck that Trey had after being drafted that resulted in him being traded. I've seen some flashes of decent QB play. I truly think that More Reps will indeed help him improve. But that's just my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone