There are 245 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I learned in the Jimmy G thread years ago that throwing picks training camp doesnt matter at all.

I learned years ago that trying to judge everything through a black and white lense - especially with a sport as complex as football, is foolish.

Josh Allen just threw three consecutive picks in practice yesterday - is he trash? Should they try someone else? It's all about context to the situation and what was actually going on - which isn't usually available info. Throwing picks aren't good but doesn't mean it's horrible either, completely depends on numerous variables.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 27, 2024 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I learned years ago that trying to judge everything through a black and white lense - especially with a sport as complex as football, is foolish.

Josh Allen just threw three consecutive picks in practice yesterday - is he trash? Should they try someone else? It's all about context to the situation and what was actually going on - which isn't usually available info. Throwing picks aren't good but doesn't mean it's horrible either, completely depends on numerous variables.

Josh Allen has a body of work to fall back on.

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

Lol I've admitted already that I was wrong about Jimmy. So I gotta eat that crow. I never thought he was great but I also didn't appreciate how much Kyle was propping him up.

i will say that I still stand by what I said when we traded Lance to the cowboys - it shows how much Kyle and lynch really believe that Trey will never be a good qb. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded him to that organization. Thats my take on it but we will see what happens
Lol I've admitted already that I was wrong about Jimmy. So I gotta eat that crow. I never thought he was great but I also didn't appreciate how much Kyle was propping him up.

i will say that I still stand by what I said when we traded Lance to the cowboys - it shows how much Kyle and lynch really believe that Trey will never be a good qb. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded him to that organization. Thats my take on it but we will see what happens

Yep. This is 100 percent obvious.

Regardless, this post (the training camp video) wasn't meant to be a serious analysis. It's just funny.

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

Ya that's most likely the case.

I can't blame them for taking a swing though, something had to be done. All those QBs that went in the first round have been bad. Lawrence has been alright but definitely nothing special so far. Crazy that the Jags gave him that kind of a contract, I think they will regret it here soon. He pretty average last year.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

I can't blame them for taking a swing though, something had to be done. All those QBs that went in the first round have been bad. Lawrence has been alright but definitely nothing special so far. Crazy that the Jags gave him that kind of a contract, I think they will regret it here soon. He pretty average last year.

I don't fault them for taking a big swing either. I disagreed with the selection but in hindsight - it was going to fail regardless. Lmao

i think Lawrence will be alright - I don't think he will be great but he isn't terrible. The problem is the way qb market is set up. You either pay a fortune or you start over and it's hard to get even average qb play these days.

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

I don't fault them for taking a big swing either. I disagreed with the selection but in hindsight - it was going to fail regardless. Lmao

i think Lawrence will be alright - I don't think he will be great but he isn't terrible. The problem is the way qb market is set up. You either pay a fortune or you start over and it's hard to get even average qb play these days.

I originally wanted Fields

I was fine with Lance. I was just anyone but Mac Jones
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jul 27, 2024 at 11:47 AM ]

Don't ruin the fun, lol.

That entire 1st round QB class was poor. Even Trevor Lawrence hasn't been great. The other 4 are backups.

I wanted fields too. lol I didn't want Mac jones either.

I think we would have got more out of fields but for some reason Kyle just wasn't interested in him. I've always wondered why.

it's crazy how it all worked out. lol. Brock really did save this organizations ass, BIG TIME. To miss that big of a trade/pick and still find your qb? Insane.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That entire 1st round QB class was poor. Even Trevor Lawrence hasn't been great. The other 4 are backups.

Mac is Trevor's backup. Lol

trey couldn't stay healthy and was way too raw. Mac is an asshat who also got boned with coaches and handled it poorly. Justin jones just had a tough situation and his coaches/surrounding talent mainly sucked and he didn't handle it great IMO.

I expected more out of Lawrence so far but he has been far from bad.

I think we would have got more out of fields but for some reason Kyle just wasn't interested in him. I've always wondered why.

it's crazy how it all worked out. lol. Brock really did save this organizations ass, BIG TIME. To miss that big of a trade/pick and still find your qb? Insane.

Fields was just a pure running QB. He probably got RG3 PTSD

Fields was just a pure running QB. He probably got RG3 PTSD

Iwas thinking the same thing lol. I belive Trey was taken before Fields was due to his character, not that Fields had issues just Trey was a really good dude. Trey also had a better head in the college tapes even though that did not translate as well as Fields game did to the NFL.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Iwas thinking the same thing lol. I belive Trey was taken before Fields was due to his character, not that Fields had issues just Trey was a really good dude. Trey also had a better head in the college tapes even though that did not translate as well as Fields game did to the NFL.

Fields clearly had issues and they've transitioned to the NFL, lol.

I don't think it was super complicated. Trey as a prospect was a smart guy with physical talent who had experience, though extremely limited, in an offense with similar bones to Kyle's.
Mac is Trevor's backup. Lol

trey couldn't stay healthy and was way too raw. Mac is an asshat who also got boned with coaches and handled it poorly. Justin jones just had a tough situation and his coaches/surrounding talent mainly sucked and he didn't handle it great IMO.

I expected more out of Lawrence so far but he has been far from bad.

Who is justin jones?
Share 49ersWebzone