There are 188 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bust
3 drops in a row
The BIG stink!
I am hoping this dude pulls it together, he is getting a ton of burn, and being spoon fed in this preseason game...tons of half field reads off play action....trey seems risk adverse, but that might the whole point....they appear to be feeding him simple short reads
He looks exactly the same. Struggles to sustain drives. No touch, dink and dunks the entire game, struggles with accuracy, very poor pocket presence and not a very talented or fluid runner. Not even a quality backup QB at this point.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Aug 11, 2024 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Bloodless:
He looks exactly the same. Struggles to sustain drives. No touch, dink and dunks the entire game, struggles with accuracy, very poor pocket presence and not a very talented or fluid runner. Not even a quality backup QB at this point.

I play back in my head all the debates I was in and I just...

Originally posted by Bloodless:

I watched a good part of that....that was heavily scripted....that was spoon fed, roll outs/half field reads.....

Clearly they wanted to get a base to build off of. That was smart offense from Dallas. Build the dude up, and start with the easy stuff.

I am kinda shocked in 40+ pass attempts he never found an opportunity to cut the ball loose against back up NFL players. Will be interesting to see how he builds on this next opportunity.
Bennett got picked off 4 times and still somehow outplayed Lance. What a disaster of three first round picks.

I watched a portion of the game but wasn't impressed. Still seems a little lost and inaccurate. Like the games moving too fast - it's four years in and even without reps - he should seem much more decisive out there IMO.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bennett got picked off 4 times and still somehow outplayed Lance. What a disaster of three first round picks.

It really might be the worst trade/draft pick in nfl history. Lol

seems like a good person but can't even crack second string. A lot of the plays were simple reads, easy throws. He was still inaccurate and indecisive.

if some team isn't willing to give him real reps - they should just get rid of him. He's literally a waste of a roster spot if you aren't going to try and get him real reps to see what he can do after a year.
Why the eff did he change his number from 15 to 19? I thought something looked odd bout him when i was watching earlier. lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
Why the eff did he change his number from 15 to 19? I thought something looked odd bout him when i was watching earlier. lol

My guess is for Zeke. Zeke is in 15 now. His OSU #
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 11, 2024 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
It really might be the worst trade/draft pick in nfl history. Lol

seems like a good person but can't even crack second string. A lot of the plays were simple reads, easy throws. He was still inaccurate and indecisive.

if some team isn't willing to give him real reps - they should just get rid of him. He's literally a waste of a roster spot if you aren't going to try and get him real reps to see what he can do after a year.

The problem is he's shown ZERO progression in the reps he has gotten. To give him regular season reps in the impossibly long odds that by some miracle he is a competent QB would be malpractice by a coach/gm
4 ints, seemed like a half dozen to me lol. What a mess.

Trey plays with hesitation, his legs, he seems to have more confidence in than his throws I think. He has to get that big c--k confidence. I think he second guesses himself too much but sometimes I see decisiveness and there is a glimmer of hope there. Still more reps? Lol. Looks like he is afraid of making a mistake or something. It lacks natural flow. He still can improve, he did make some good moves but, yeah lol.
Share 49ersWebzone