There are 173 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I wonder how that season would have went when he was the unquestioned #1 QB had he not got hurt.

He woulda been benched by week 5.

That would be a tough pill for any organization to swallow. You finally bring out your #1 pick that you traded a fortune for, as the starter for the year, and then you bench him during the season for terrible play. Would be a big black mark on the organization. I guess it would of felt better when Purdy came in, but imagine if we didn't have him...YIKES.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Even a 4th round pick was too rich for this sack of dirt.

I always felt like he was a 3-4th round prospect anyways. essentially, we saw a tall/fast/strong armed guy who didnt know how to play football and were like "TRADE THE FARM!!!". This will boggle my mind forever. absolutely nothing about his play in college shows that he is a first round.

dude cant even crack second string in the league and people really still feel like he was a first round prospect. lol insanity
Originally posted by tankle104:
Even a 4th round pick was too rich for this sack of dirt.

I always felt like he was a 3-4th round prospect anyways. essentially, we saw a tall/fast/strong armed guy who didnt know how to play football and were like "TRADE THE FARM!!!". This will boggle my mind forever. absolutely nothing about his play in college shows that he is a first round.

dude cant even crack second string in the league and people really still feel like he was a first round prospect. lol insanity

The tougher thing for me to comprehend was we went "TRADE THE FARM!!!" before the team even knew who they wanted, apparently.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I wonder how that season would have went when he was the unquestioned #1 QB had he not got hurt.

My money would be on him getting benched after a handful of games. Could have been a major problem for the locker room.

'not being what I would consider a good enough NFL QB right now to maybe be on any roster'
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

'not being what I would consider a good enough NFL QB right now to maybe be on any roster'

dude is just not a qb, lacks instincts, looks robotic, etc.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 14, 2024 at 3:51 PM ]

I watched like 15 minutes and was thinking Lynch getting anything for Lance is remarkable. Then I saved my eyes by turning off that video
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I watched like 15 minutes and was thinking Lynch getting anything for Lance is remarkable. Then I saved my eyes by turning off that video

Are you really praising Lynch after his (and Shanahan's) massive blunder???!!!

They would have been fired had purdy not shown up
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

They would have been fired had purdy not shown up

Lol

Originally posted by tankle104:

Yeah total brain fart for all involved. To my untrained eye he looked bang average in college except when he was trucking folk, but we know that doesn't translate to the pros.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

yeah.....depressing considering all the hype in the offseason....there was tons of public feedback from his personal QB coach regarding Lance's growth. They set the table for a potential Lance takeover of the Cowboys QB room.

Shame....

and Shame on JTO for throwing shade at Elvis Garbac on the out of bounds sack...He was not nearly famous enough to have a sack type named after him....

No but how about praising them for keeping the team one of the best in the league while absorbing the loss of those 1st round picks.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Sounds like Fields and Wilson.

I thought it was hilarious that he kept apologizing and said how he was dreading this analysis. Lol

i said it then and I say it now - Kyle traded him to the cowboys cause they knew Trey was never going to be anything.
Share 49ersWebzone