Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
How I feel after defending Jimmy

and how Trey fans feel after defending him. Hahaha

Jimmy 100x better than Trey
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Hmm the simple answer is yes but I think it's more complex than that. Your success in the league, especially as a young qb, depends so much on where you go and who the coach is.

i think fields went to a terrible situation and was overly depended on. I feel like he would of been a lot better here but never as good as many of us expected them to be.

jones is just a douche. Trey was/is wayyyy too raw. Dude shouldn't have been drafted in general - he should have stayed another year in college or so. They all got paid - so good for them. I always thought Zach Wilson was going to be trash. Talented but mentally just worthless

but as a whole, extremely disappointing group.

This has been what I've been saying for years. People want to call QBs busts or whatever but their success truly does depend on where they go.

There aren't as many great QBs as people think. There are QBs that are in systems that suits them. It's really hard to compare QB to QB when talking draft classes because they don't end up in the sane situation or even a system that suits them.
there's one attribute that sits above great system and coach, it's the fire and drive in the QBs

There is just so much that goes into it. The qb needs to be made of the right "stuff" - mentally/physically/emotionally

But they also need the right coaches and system. It's best, IMO, to put a young qb in a situation where it isn't all on their shoulders and they can grow into the role. Gain positive experience through games and confidence through the right play calls etc.

Brock is made of the right stuff and was thrust into an ideal situation for a young qb. Hes maximized it and it's been special growth for him as a player and for the team. If Lance wasn't so inexperienced and raw, it would have been a good spot for him too. The bears are going to put a ton on Caleb's shoulders, and he's super talented, but we will see how he handles it. Guys like Darnold weren't ready for that and it broke his confidence and made him worse.
To me, you look at what the other QBs had to go through whether coaching or personnel or a combination of both and Trey had it made. Yet he still looks the worst. If any of the other QBs landed in Trey's situation there wouldn't even be a debate as to who is the worst.

Mac would've still been terrible. Mullens like.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

'not being what I would consider a good enough NFL QB right now to maybe be on any roster'

dude is just not a qb, lacks instincts, looks robotic, etc.

yeah.....depressing considering all the hype in the offseason....there was tons of public feedback from his personal QB coach regarding Lance's growth. They set the table for a potential Lance takeover of the Cowboys QB room.

Shame....

and Shame on JTO for throwing shade at Elvis Garbac on the out of bounds sack...He was not nearly famous enough to have a sack type named after him....

Wow, that's disappointing. I was hoping he'd have improved at least a little bit since leaving the 49ers. 🙄
makes sense why niners dumped this dude
If he had stayed would he have at least beaten out Brandon Allen and Josh Dobbs for the backup role?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erKing:
If he had stayed would he have at least beaten out Brandon Allen and Josh Dobbs for the backup role?

No.

Next question!!!
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Dobbs is way better
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

they gambled on him, took a shot, can't say I blame them. It didn't work, but they hit on Purdy. Whatever gets you your franchise QB.
I think everyone needs to listen to what Warner says more after what he said about Trey and Brock.
He said that Trey is hesitant and wont let it rip a lot of times trying to not make mistakes.
And Brock he acknowledged his eye manipulation right away

Right now he's saying Puni is standing out, and that is excellent news.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Aug 16, 2024 at 8:06 PM ]

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
To me, you look at what the other QBs had to go through whether coaching or personnel or a combination of both and Trey had it made. Yet he still looks the worst. If any of the other QBs landed in Trey's situation there wouldn't even be a debate as to who is the worst.

Mac would've still been terrible. Mullens like.
And that still would be far better than Trey.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

they gambled on him, took a shot, can't say I blame them. It didn't work, but they hit on Purdy. Whatever gets you your franchise QB.

This!!!

In Trey Lance's defense, If you really think about it. They could've drafted any of the top QB's and it would've been the same outcome. Cause Brock Purdy looks better than any QB outta the 2021 draft.
He is going to be out of the league in 2 weeks.
we basically turned trey lance into mustafa mallik right?
Originally posted by picklejuice:
we basically turned trey lance into mustafa mallik right?

Malik Mustapha, yeah

The Dolphins on other hand turned the haul they got from us for Trey into

Tyreek Hill
Jaylen Waddle
Bradley Chubb
Share 49ersWebzone