Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Malik Mustapha, yeah

The Dolphins on other hand turned the haul they got from us for Trey into

Tyreek Hill
Jaylen Waddle
Bradley Chubb

And still can't make it to the divisional RD.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
it would be nice to have at least one of those players instead of Malik Mustapha...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
makes sense why niners dumped this dude

they gambled on him, took a shot, can't say I blame them. It didn't work, but they hit on Purdy. Whatever gets you your franchise QB.

This!!!

In Trey Lance's defense, If you really think about it. They could've drafted any of the top QB's and it would've been the same outcome. Cause Brock Purdy looks better than any QB outta the 2021 draft.

Agree 💯%, Brock was the best QB pick of the 2021 draft.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
it would be nice to have at least one of those players instead of Malik Mustapha...

And a Dominic Puni/Aron Banks 2.0
They should have Trey play the entire game tonight. He needs all the reps he can get and won't get it during the season. Maybe give Rush 1 series and then Trey the rest of the way.

Forget about Waddle, Should have just drafted Sewell when they were at 3. Imagine having Trent Williams and Penei Sewell?
Aubrey just kicked a 66 yarder and made it easy. Trey also looking pretty good this game.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Hmm the simple answer is yes but I think it's more complex than that. Your success in the league, especially as a young qb, depends so much on where you go and who the coach is.

i think fields went to a terrible situation and was overly depended on. I feel like he would of been a lot better here but never as good as many of us expected them to be.

jones is just a douche. Trey was/is wayyyy too raw. Dude shouldn't have been drafted in general - he should have stayed another year in college or so. They all got paid - so good for them. I always thought Zach Wilson was going to be trash. Talented but mentally just worthless

but as a whole, extremely disappointing group.

This has been what I've been saying for years. People want to call QBs busts or whatever but their success truly does depend on where they go.

There aren't as many great QBs as people think. There are QBs that are in systems that suits them. It's really hard to compare QB to QB when talking draft classes because they don't end up in the sane situation or even a system that suits them.

Trey Lance, Beathard were both drafted by the Niners and didn't succeed, so why would Wilson have succeeded?
Aubrey just kicked a 66 yarder and made it easy. Trey also looking pretty good this game.

Trey doing his thing tonight!

Still not worth 3 first round picks though LOL

I still can't believe Kyle & Lynch did that.
He played a lot better but still missed on a lot of the "gimme" throws. He also almost threw back to back INTs on out routes to start the 2nd half. Still, he played better and exhibited more confidence as the game went on. He looks like a much more decisive runner as well.

I am still rooting for him but not as a Cowboy starter.

Originally posted by picklejuice:
we basically turned trey lance into mustafa mallik right?

Malik Mustapha, yeah

The Dolphins on other hand turned the haul they got from us for Trey into

Tyreek Hill
Jaylen Waddle
Bradley Chubb

And are still seeking a playoff win.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

People still complaining about trading up and giving up those picks. Many of the same people complain that the Niners never draft well so what difference does it make. We don't know if any of the guys they would have picked would have turned out good.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

People still complaining about trading up and giving up those picks. Many of the same people complain that the Niners never draft well so what difference does it make. We don't know if any of the guys they would have picked would have turned out good.

People on here still think giving up that much draft capital for a QB that was traded after 1 1/2 seasons is ok. Many of the same people complained that we weren't trading up back into the first round during the draft. Even if we don't draft well those picks could have been traded for some really good players. Just look at what we gave up for CMC & Trent Williams! We could have traded those picks for a future H.O.F type of player if we were just going to throw them away.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

People on here still think giving up that much draft capital for a QB that was traded after 1 1/2 seasons is ok. Many of the same people complained that we weren't trading up back into the first round during the draft. Even if we don't draft well those picks could have been traded for some really good players. Just look at what we gave up for CMC & Trent Williams! We could have traded those picks for a future H.O.F type of player if we were just going to throw them away.

The key phrase here is "could have". That's the point. We don't know who they would have drafted or what kinds of trades they would have made. We're always proposing they make trades as if it's totally up to them. They have to find someone willing to make that trade. We're seeing that it's not easy even with a proven player like Aiyuk.

No question that Lance was a reach and a bust but the Niners had a QB that couldn't stay healthy and was limited even when he was. They had the 12th pick that year which was high for this team so they saw an opportunity to move up. Unfortunately it wasn't a great QB class. Too bad that year didn't have guys like the last draft.
Saw Trey's highlights. Good for him.

But Cowboys fans on twitter, lol. A lot of them are arguing if he's really accurate or if his throws are always just a little high or a little behind, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone