There are 198 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Aubrey just kicked a 66 yarder and made it easy. Trey also looking pretty good this game.

Trey doing his thing tonight!

Still not worth 3 first round picks though LOL

I still can't believe Kyle & Lynch did that.

People still complaining about trading up and giving up those picks. Many of the same people complain that the Niners never draft well so what difference does it make. We don't know if any of the guys they would have picked would have turned out good.

People on here still think giving up that much draft capital for a QB that was traded after 1 1/2 seasons is ok. Many of the same people complained that we weren't trading up back into the first round during the draft. Even if we don't draft well those picks could have been traded for some really good players. Just look at what we gave up for CMC & Trent Williams! We could have traded those picks for a future H.O.F type of player if we were just going to throw them away.

None of what you said was false, but to continue to harp on it- it's like you want to stay mad. There are enough issues than to still be in 2021 with our worst personnel move. I swear we could win a Super Bowl and someone will say it could've been our 3rd if we didn't trade up for Trey Lance.
I think the Cowboys only keep him around as Trade Bait as long as they get something better than what they gave up for.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
If he had stayed would he have at least beaten out Brandon Allen and Josh Dobbs for the backup role?

Dobbs is way better

And so is Brandon Allen
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I think the Cowboys only keep him around as Trade Bait as long as they get something better than what they gave up for.

They know they won't get something better. At this point they should be happy to get a 6th back.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
makes sense why niners dumped this dude

they gambled on him, took a shot, can't say I blame them. It didn't work, but they hit on Purdy. Whatever gets you your franchise QB.

This!!!

In Trey Lance's defense, If you really think about it. They could've drafted any of the top QB's and it would've been the same outcome. Cause Brock Purdy looks better than any QB outta the 2021 draft.

Had they drafted Trevor Lawrence, Brock might not get a chance to show what he can do. Sunshine might be average but you probably won't bench him for Mr Irrelevant.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Had they drafted Trevor Lawrence, Brock might not get a chance to show what he can do. Sunshine might be average but you probably won't bench him for Mr Irrelevant.

He'd be very good in this situation I'm sure. He's underrated by most fans at this point.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Sunshine lol
Crazy that he is probably the 2nd best QB in this class behind Lawrence.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

No way. Mac Jones had a promising rookie season, but fell off a clif the following year,Justin Fields has been mostly awful but he's had very few moments where it looks like he's a baller, the beginning of that Bears vs Broncos game last year he looked like an MVP candidate, Trey hasn't looked as bad Wilson, but at the same time Trey was put in a great position while Wilson was thrown into arguably the worst franchise in the nfl.
Trey has had few moments to shine, but the few that he has he's looked completely lost.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

No way. Mac Jones had a promising rookie season, but fell off a clif the following year,Justin Fields has been mostly awful but he's had very few moments where it looks like he's a baller, the beginning of that Bears vs Broncos game last year he looked like an MVP candidate, Trey hasn't looked as bad Wilson, but at the same time Trey was put in a great position while Wilson was thrown into arguably the worst franchise in the nfl.
Trey has had few moments to shine, but the few that he has he's looked completely lost.

Mac didn't look promising lol. Dude got benched as a rookie.

Jets are by far not the worse franchise. What you talking about

Lol at Fields looking like an MVP candidate

what is your criteria here ?

I want Lance to succeed, but production-wise its not particular close. Even with Mac Jones and Fields being very remedial QBs, they have NFL production. Fields has a 1k rushing season under his belt.

Lance doesn't. Lance is about to be QB #3 and not sniff the starting job this year, again. He cannot beat out Cooper Rush. He needs reps but cannot find a team that will give him reps. Fields might start if Russ continues to stink up the joint in Pittsburgh.

At least Mac Jones and Fields failures have been playing NFL ball. Lance being better than them is based on...preseason tape ?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Mac Jones made the pro bowl and the all-rookie team in 2021, im pretty sure he played all 17 games as well. Jets are easily the worst franchise in the nfl imo, especially at the time he was drafted. Longest playoff drought in sports tbh. And lol at cherry picking what I said about Fields
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Aug 19, 2024 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Mac Jones made the pro bowl and the all-rookie team in 2021, im pretty sure he played all 17 games as well. Jets are easily the worst franchise in the nfl imo, especially at the time he was drafted. Longest playoff drought in sports tbh. And lol at cherry picking what I said about Fields

He was like a 10th alternate QB lol. I thought he got benched at one point, I guess that was in his 2nd season.

Jets are definitely not the worst franchise. Rodgers isn't going to the Jets if he thought that was the case.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bennett got picked off 4 times and still somehow outplayed Lance. What a disaster of three first round picks.

Look how pathetic yall are... reaching.

Trey is fine... and continues to show with more playing time, he gets comfortable. On top of being a QB who has always been good at protecting the ball.

He'll get his opportunity eventually.
This thread is hilarious.... yall still obsessed with Trey
I mean it's cool to follow his career... but the takes in this thread for a while now is just sad, but hilarious... but in a sad way lol.
Share 49ersWebzone