There are 171 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This thread is hilarious.... yall still obsessed with Trey
I mean it's cool to follow his career... but the takes in this thread for a while now is just sad, but hilarious... but in a sad way lol.

you post like you are still wearing his jersey
the takes are a reflection of the current reality we paid 3 ones for what is now a backup QB for Dallas
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I mean it's cool to follow his career... but the takes in this thread for a while now is just sad, but hilarious... but in a sad way lol.

you post like you are still wearing his jersey
the takes are a reflection of the current reality we paid 3 ones for what is now a backup QB for Dallas

Don't flatter yourself... we didn't do it. Kyle and John choose to give up three 1st round picks to move up to #3 on the board. It could have been Mac Jones.. it could have been Milf Hunter. They went with Trey based off potential. They came across Brock Purdy, who was ready much sooner... who Kyle trusted to not run into the ground. If Brock wasn't here, Trey still would be.
Don't flatter yourself... we didn't do it. Kyle and John choose to give up three 1st round picks to move up to #3 on the board. It could have been Mac Jones.. it could have been Milf Hunter. They went with Trey based off potential. They came across Brock Purdy, who was ready much sooner... who Kyle trusted to not run into the ground. If Brock wasn't here, Trey still would be.

he'd be holding Sam Darnold's clipboard

he'd be holding Sam Darnold's clipboard

Yes, because it was a fair competition....yes because Darnold would not turn into Darnold soon after the season starts...lol. Again, Trey would be here and find his way into the starting role.

Look yall think he's garbage....and I'm telling you, he'll find his way into a starting role in this league. He probably would have this offseason if Kyle didn't trade him to a team with an established starter. It's all good for him. He'll just have to wait another season. Until then, just keep learning.
Yes, because it was a fair competition....yes because Darnold would not turn into Darnold soon after the season starts...lol. Again, Trey would be here and find his way into the starting role.

Look yall think he's garbage....and I'm telling you, he'll find his way into a starting role in this league. He probably would have this offseason if Kyle didn't trade him to a team with an established starter. It's all good for him. He'll just have to wait another season. Until then, just keep learning.

What you think Darnold is gonna last the whole season with the Vikes?....let alone longer then 5 games?
What you think Darnold is gonna last the whole season with the Vikes?....let alone longer then 5 games?

he'll probably produce more than Trey

Trey just hasn't played any ball. he had 3-5 good months in Horizon league or whatever it was, in 2019. that was 5 years ago. that's a long time. Darnold has near 60 starts. Trey has 4. They hardly asked Trey to throw in college. it was a lot of lower your shoulders into the D. Darnold can spin it. guys like Cooper Rush are better than Lance. more seasoned at the pro game, where he's gonna have to thrive rep after rep from the pocket seeing the field. TL isn't that athletic, guys like Fields blow Lance away, and Fields himself played his way out of a job, even with record setting playmaking. Cuz he can't consistently drop back and shoot it where it needs to go, on schedule.

we had the two in camp, and we had every reason to want TL to win that comp, we judged Sam as the better QB that's the reality
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 19, 2024 at 4:28 PM ]

he'll probably produce more than Trey

Yes of course he would this year because Trey probably won't get any snaps, if Dak stays healthy.

but don't try to stray away from the original point. You brought up saying that even if Trey was on the team, he would be behind Sam Darnold. As if you believe in Sam Darnold. I said Sam will eventually play like Sam, and will get benched. And Trey would start. The only reason we're not in that dimension, is because Brock was still available to us with the final pick in the draft.
Yes of course he would this year because Trey probably won't get any snaps, if Dak stays healthy.

but don't try to stray away from the original point. You brought up saying that even if Trey was on the team, he would be behind Sam Darnold. As if you believe in Sam Darnold. I said Sam will eventually play like Sam, and will get benched. And Trey would start. The only reason we're not in that dimension, is because Brock was still available to us with the final pick in the draft.

let's revisit i bet Sam does well this year
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 19, 2024 at 4:46 PM ]

You sound like the main person who's obsessed with Trey. Still believing he should be a starter in this league when he's shown nothing to prove that. He's going to need a lot of experience to be successful and he's not going to get that anytime soon. How many seasons will you hold out on this argument? You probably feel like Kap would still be successful.

Let's come up with a bet.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
You sound like the main person who's obsessed with Trey. Still believing he should be a starter in this league when he's shown nothing to prove that. He's going to need a lot of experience to be successful and he's not going to get that anytime soon. How many seasons will you hold out on this argument? You probably feel like Kap would still be successful.

I think Afrikan is a good poster but I do agree with you here. I dont see whats wrong with analyzing Lance after hes gone. As a Niner fan or even a football fan. Hardly "obsessed". Many of us are sympathetic and want kid to not be a huge bust but we also see the lack of improvement in areas that were deemed key.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Howlett49:

I think Afrikan is a good poster but I do agree with you here. I dont see whats wrong with analyzing Lance after hes gone. As a Niner fan or even a football fan. Hardly "obsessed". Many of us are sympathetic and want kid to not be a huge bust but we also see the lack of improvement in areas that were deemed key.

That's not true... go back many pages and I haven't posted in this thread in a whiiiile. Maybe I posted once in those many pages. (Not directed at you) So why do folks STILL lie or speak out of their ass in this thread.. on this forum? Which is why I actually don't post much anymore. I mean look how many pages this thread has gone.. AFTER he left the team. What keeps it going? It ain't worth participating with people's weird way of getting through life. Going back and forth over the same s**t, when folks are not even being geniune.

And again as I said in the previous page, there is nothing wrong with following his career or analyzing his career. But that isn't what has been mostly happening in this thread for a while now. It's like folks are bored with their lives, and s**tting on Trey makes them feel better lol.

If the subject comes up I'll still post about Trey on other forums... and maybe back here if he starts. Otherwise you won't find me in here posting much.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2024 at 6:26 PM ]
That's not true... go back many pages and I haven't posted in this thread in a whiiiile. Maybe I posted once in those many pages. So why do folks STILL lie or speak out of their ass in this thread.. on this forum? Which is why I actually don't post much anymore. I mean look how many pages this thread has gone.. AFTER he left the team. What keeps it going? It ain't worth participating with people's weird way of getting through life. Going back and forth over the same s**t, when folks are not even being geniune.

And again as I said in the previous page, there is nothing wrong with following his career or analyzing his career. But that isn't what has been mostly happening in this thread for a while now. It's like folks are bored with their lives, and s**tting on Trey makes them feel better lol.

If the subject comes up I'll still post about Trey on other forums... and maybe back here if he starts. Otherwise you won't find me in here posting much.

You accused others of being obsessed, I dont know it felt like youre taking it personally.

Why cant people talk about any player that has left ? People still talk trash about Jimmy, me included, in the neighboring thread...I will talk trash about Chilo Rachal Kwame Harris and Mike Rumph even though it has been decades lol
Yo it's still f**k Mike rumph.
Share 49ersWebzone