There are 224 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL Lance just threw his fifth int and has two fumbles on the day. 2 picks in the redzone…
Watched the whole game. There was some good stuff but also some absolutely terrible stuff. 5 Interceptions. Should have been 6. And they were not unlucky Ints. They were simply bad decisions with the ball. Often it was him not seeing the second defender in coverage. You can see the physical talent and I will say that his accuracy and running was better in this game then I have probably ever seen it. But none of that matters if you make terrible decisions in giving the other team the ball.

Just had to update this post as i was writing it as he threw his 5th int at the end of the game.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Watched the whole game. There was some good stuff but also some absolutely terrible stuff. 5 Interceptions. Should have been 6. And they were not unlucky Ints. They were simply bad decisions with the ball. Often it was him not seeing the second defender in coverage. You can see the physical talent and I will say that his accuracy and running was better in this game then I have probably ever seen it. But none of that matters if you make terrible decisions in giving the other team the ball.

Just had to update this post as i was writing it as he threw his 5th int at the end of the game.

If you take away the fact that he was drafted high - he probably would struggle to make a practice squad. Def wouldn't be making any rosters.

his decision making sucks, his accuracy is sporadic. I mean he's had nfl training for four years now and the only thing he can say has improved is his accuracy is slightly better.
his posts crack me up. Like a slow motion car crash

[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 24, 2024 at 4:25 PM ]

and he wonders why his show cratered. Lmao
Trey Lance giveth and Trey Lance taketh away
Holy s**t damn lol
When do we start hearing calls to convert him to TE
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's not going to get playing time. His contract is up. It is what it is. Kudos to the Niners for admitting their mistake early. Takes a ton of courage to do that.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

If you take away the fact that he was drafted high - he probably would struggle to make a practice squad. Def wouldn't be making any rosters.

his decision making sucks, his accuracy is sporadic. I mean he's had nfl training for four years now and the only thing he can say has improved is his accuracy is slightly better.

If he was a rookie you might be able to excuse the decision making when seeing the physical gifts but as you say he has been in the NFL for way to long for that. Second year in that system with the Cowboys. There were misses with the accuracy but given how many passes he threw, compared to when he was with us it was way better. Not saying that it was great accuracy but that was how bad it was when he was with us. I Dont see him being able to develop the mental aspect needed to make in the NFL.I hated the Lance draft pick in case anyone cared.

Originally posted by okdkid:
He's not going to get playing time. His contract is up. It is what it is. Kudos to the Niners for admitting their mistake early. Takes a ton of courage to do that.

This is what always made me scratch my head about the "he needs playing time". Sure, great. Probably every player in history would improve with more reps. But why would you hitch your wagon to giving him more reps when he doesn't look like he's improved much after 4 years of the reps he has gotten? He honestly looks no better than he did as a rookie. And in some ways looks worse
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Trey would suck even in the Canadian Football League.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by okdkid:

This is what always made me scratch my head about the "he needs playing time". Sure, great. Probably every player in history would improve with more reps. But why would you hitch your wagon to giving him more reps when he doesn't look like he's improved much after 4 years of the reps he has gotten? He honestly looks no better than he did as a rookie. And in some ways looks worse

Exactly, I think he's made it abundantly obvious clear that he will never be a "superstar" - so why would you waste a season or two to see if he gets better or not.

the reality of it is that if all he has going for him is he big, somewhat fast, strong arm - then I can name a thousand guys who fit that criteria.

idk why some think you can just make anyone into a great qb through reps. A lot of the position needs to be natural to a qb and it clearly isn't fo Lance. He may be able to be a decent qb but that's not what you spend a f**kkn 3rd overall pick on. I always thought he was like a fourth or fifth round pick prospect and I still don't understand how anyone watched his college film and thought he showed he could be a star. It's a joke
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 24, 2024 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Koldo:
Trey would suck even in the Canadian Football League.

As a person, I actually feel bad for the guy. Seems like a really good, hard working guy. I'm just upset that we spent a fortune on a player when it was insanely obvious we shouldn't have.

oh we have a Super Bowl caliber team and are seriously trying to win a chip? Yeah, let's draft the rawest qb prospect ever that doesn't have any film that shows he can run an nfl offense and has thrown 300 passss in his lifetime.

I love Kyle and John but they should be fined for that selection. lol
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Trey Lance giveth and Trey Lance taketh away

The next Josh Allen. As long as the turn overs are -1 pt in fantasy he's good right ? lol
Share 49ersWebzone