There are 271 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Oh man! FIVE PICKS? How do you keep this guy on any NFL roster? How did Shanahan miss so badly? Or did he?

Was it ever confirmed who in the FO was team Lance vs team Mac
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Originally posted by NeKro:
This the guy you all loved right???

Reading this thread shows you a lot about the football knowledge of this board. 80% of the posters thought this guy was the second coming. Very few were against it from the beginning and they were shunned and even banned for their truthful but negative takes
every pick of ours gets s**tted on.. until the player comes through for themselves
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Oh man! FIVE PICKS? How do you keep this guy on any NFL roster? How did Shanahan miss so badly? Or did he?

Was it ever confirmed who in the FO was team Lance vs team Mac

They both turned out to be ass. One would have saved some draft capital though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So yah the front office was right to dump this scrub.

Thank you god almighty for Brock Purdy!!!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Trey would suck even in the Canadian Football League.

As a person, I actually feel bad for the guy. Seems like a really good, hard working guy. I'm just upset that we spent a fortune on a player when it was insanely obvious we shouldn't have.

oh we have a Super Bowl caliber team and are seriously trying to win a chip? Yeah, let's draft the rawest qb prospect ever that doesn't have any film that shows he can run an nfl offense and has thrown 300 passss in his lifetime.

I love Kyle and John but they should be fined for that selection. lol

hindsight is 20/20

Clearly there is a lesson here about trading tons of draft capital to take ANY prospect when the NFL scouting system has been sidelined by an epidemic.

COVID jacked up the college season, COVID jacked up how teams normally scout, and it is pretty clear league wide that even during the best of times scouting is suspect. We have decades long track records to show even under perfect scouting situations going all in has alot of risk....So going all in when you can't even scout correctly should serve as a generational waring.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
hindsight is 20/20

Clearly there is a lesson here about trading tons of draft capital to take ANY prospect when the NFL scouting system has been sidelined by an epidemic.

COVID jacked up the college season, COVID jacked up how teams normally scout, and it is pretty clear league wide that even during the best of times scouting is suspect. We have decades long track records to show even under perfect scouting situations going all in has alot of risk....So going all in when you can't even scout correctly should serve as a generational waring.

Honestly it could have been worse. There were rumors about us going after deshaun Watson before all his legal s**t happened.

Imagine we trade 3 firsts AND paying him $55m+ per year AND all that legal s**t happened after.

Trey is a collosal bust, probably worst trade in NFL history, but at least we quickly and easily cut our losses
After watching that Dallas game....man Lance had two picks on half field reads...I don't think it gets more basic than that.

I wonder if SD used this game as a tune up for the regular season. and installed an actual defensive game plan vs just a generic defense.

These Lance picks might not be as bad as they seem if that were the case. Lord knows Dallas has been spoon feeding Lance during these high repetition preseason games, there is a lot of very similar easy reads...stuff you generally can't get away with in the regular season. No team goes 4 half field reads in a row during the regular season.

Yeah Lance threw 5 picks, but it is also highly likely he will never had to run that type of offense in the regular season.

Super glad this is not our problem any more, but I don't think all 5 interception games are equal...maybe a tiny little bit of an excuse tied to that game.

IF I was Dallas, I honestly would drop Lance to the Practice squad and hope someone comes and gets him, so maybe you get a compensatory pick tied to his pay grade this year, before he becomes a low paid player next year.
He'll be out of the league on tuesday.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Dude just sucks. I'm surprised by the number of people that can't admit it this many years later. Every major issue he's having--starting the big one being unable to see the field--was in his college tape.

A lot of people were convinced he was gonna be Mahomes 2.0. But it turns out all the red flags he had heading into the draft nailed it. Being drafted top 3 and getting that multimillion dollar contract will be his only noteworthy highlight in the nfl. Hopefully he invests wisely and doesn't blow it all away on strippers
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Aug 25, 2024 at 4:21 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
5 picks and a pick six. Wow. Does he even make the Dallas roster? I can't believe we wasted this many picks on this bum.

Dallas must be pissed that they probably cant even trade him now for any value.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I know we lucked into Purdy, but man o man imagine 3 first round OLine picks protecting Purdy right now. 😓

The only thing that makes me feel better about that thought is that we would have probably drafted a dud. Lmao

but that absensce of talent from those picks def hurts. We would of probably drafted pass rushers and we are desperate there rn.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 25, 2024 at 5:28 AM ]
Poor guy, feel bad for him idk. I want to believe that he will do well..but rn looking grim
Great legs though..maybe he should have been a wr lol. Idk? Lol qb just isn't working out for him. He loves to run though...and is good at it idk. I understand why SF gave him the slip...sad but damn, I mean just when I think he is starting to cook..he is really still on defrost lol
Lance is Jamarcus Russell with a better attitude. He's quite possibly the worst 1st round pick in an extremely long time, maybe ever, based on how many picks were needed to get him, where he was drafted and how terrible he's been.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
He'll be out of the league on tuesday.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I know we lucked into Purdy, but man o man imagine 3 first round OLine picks protecting Purdy right now. 😓

The only thing that makes me feel better about that thought is that we would have probably drafted a dud. Lmao

but that absensce of talent from those picks def hurts. We would of probably drafted pass rushers and we are desperate there rn.

I know this is pointless, but if our FO wasn't scammed by Lance and all the pressure to find a QB in the midst of Jimmy's decline, and didn't trade up, they probably would have picked Mac Jones at 12, and at that point there's a very good chance that BP drops off our radar the next year, or he signs with another team as a UDFA.
Share 49ersWebzone