There are 161 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by lamontb:
just an extreme failure from our FO

I see a huge success. Took a big swing for a home run. Missed and identified it fast and folded. Missing on draft picks happens especially QB.

the most successful pick in club history

trey lance eventually became Mustapha - that was the plan all along.
If the trade isn't made to take Lance, then the football gods don't give us Purdy. It worked out
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:
If the trade isn't made to take Lance, then the football gods don't give us Purdy. It worked out

this is the only way people need to think about this.

everything had to happen the way it did for Purdy to emerge
Originally posted by boast:

I would hate to live in the alternate universe where Seattle drafted Brock Purdy.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I would hate to live in the alternate universe where Seattle drafted Brock Purdy.
If truly alternate, Lance would have 2 rings
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If truly alternate, Lance would have 2 rings

that is truly alternate. i can't imagine him on the level with Mr Fab.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

With Seattle's OC he probably would have looked as good. They have 2 WRs that love to run deep. Not really Brock's strongest skill.
Did lance end up winning qb2 this year? anyone know? I know the cowboys kept cooper rush. it'll be interesting if lance is still third string and inactive all year.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 28, 2024 at 7:04 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Did lance end up winning qb2 this year? anyone know? I know the cowboys kept cooper rush. it'll be interesting if lance is still third string and inactive all year.
I believe he threw 5 picks in his last game.
Originally posted by BobS:
I believe he threw 5 picks in his last game.

lol yeah but Jerry Jones is in love with Lance. either that or he's trying to leverage Trey in negotiations with Dak - which im sure is doing jack s**t. lmao

Just kinda crazy that he may have another whole season inactive. such a wild start to his career.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 28, 2024 at 8:51 AM ]

He's qb3.
I don't think NFL reps will be enough for Trey. Missing out on college reps and not playing FBS is a big deal because he never learned to be comfortable at college level football. Now he has to play at NFL speed, with small NFL throwing windows and it's too big of a leap to make. That's likely why he hasn't developed much in three years of being in the NFL. Maybe a junior league or CFL would be enough of a downgrade to build up what he is missing. Or maybe he just skipped too much. He is the NFL QB version of those child prodigies that finish high school at 12 and do PhDs at 18. You never hear about them again because the whole exercise of rushing development was pointless.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
They had a stacked team at the time. They saw a rare chance to move up and take a QB in the top 5. They gambled and it failed. It didn't hurt them much since they ended up getting Purdy and went to another SB. Are we going to keep beating this to death like we do about not drafting Mahomes or Rodgers?

Isnt this the Treyded Lance thread?

Isn't this where we are supposed to go to talk Treyded Lance?

I still got mofos @ing me over Vernon Davis which is weird cause he never lived up to his draft status either 🤔
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
They had a stacked team at the time. They saw a rare chance to move up and take a QB in the top 5. They gambled and it failed. It didn't hurt them much since they ended up getting Purdy and went to another SB. Are we going to keep beating this to death like we do about not drafting Mahomes or Rodgers?

Isnt this the Treyded Lance thread?

Isn't this where we are supposed to go to talk Treyded Lance?

I still got mofos @ing me over Vernon Davis which is weird cause he never lived up to his draft status either 🤔

Lmao Vernon Davis was one of the best TEs in football in his prime and had one of the most iconic playoff performances in 49ers history
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
I don't think NFL reps will be enough for Trey. Missing out on college reps and not playing FBS is a big deal because he never learned to be comfortable at college level football. Now he has to play at NFL speed, with small NFL throwing windows and it's too big of a leap to make. That's likely why he hasn't developed much in three years of being in the NFL. Maybe a junior league or CFL would be enough of a downgrade to build up what he is missing. Or maybe he just skipped too much. He is the NFL QB version of those child prodigies that finish high school at 12 and do PhDs at 18. You never hear about them again because the whole exercise of rushing development was pointless.

yeah, agree 💯% that the CFL or other pro-organizations would give Trey some good game reps, but the money he's being paid is 💲💲💲 and I don't know if he's willing to forgo that right now just to get playing experience.
Share 49ersWebzone