There are 218 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
That first sentence is supported by many webzoners, but it does make me question their intelligence and 49ers football knowledge.

Injuries, especially to Jimmy, have decimated the team in 2018 and 2020. Why? Because there was no viable backup option.

Jimmy and Trey will both be on the roster for the entirety of this season to help resolve the issues of 2018 and 2020. There are many veteran players on 1-year deals, and with the overall talent, this is a win now (and in the future) team.

"PRO TRADE-JIMMY PEOPLE", PLEASE CONSIDER THE BELOW:
1) If Jimmy is traded, Rosen or Sudfeld is the backup. Awful.
2) Trey in training camp vs Trey in the regular season are 2 very different things. Slow your roll.
3) With Trey's mobility and the read option being in play, he's going to increase his chance for injury. And then its Rosen/Sudfeld time!

This is the best the #1 and #2 QB spots have been since Alex and Kap. The reward for trading Jimmy this year is not at all worth the risk.

Good post.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
here is a better comparison (OK I admit the JR wasn't my best effort), 2nd overall pick, strong arm good legs, I would say he is an average to mediocre NFL QB

Lol imagine thinking Marcus has the same arm talent as lance…

we get it you're gonna cherry pick every single "failed" top end QB because of your favoritism towards Jimmy and overall not being a fan of Trey….it's pretty clear lol

Lance reminds me of Andrew Luck the most. Big guy, strong arm, and can run well. That's a better comparison than these half ass QBs from over a decade ago.
Originally posted by random49er:
??? People enjoying training camp fodder because there aint much else isin't a problem. Aren't you over-analyzing people's excitement for someone we gave up 2 extra 1st rounders for?

That means (as of now) not much excitement for the 1st day of the next two drafts. Can't these people just enjoy themselves now then? It means nothing in the long run.
I was commenting about the two guys gushing over a practice against 2nd and 3rd stringers. This type of stuff ALWAYS leads to disappointment.

I'll just write it off as clickbait. Nothing even-keeled or logical gets views or clicks these days. People want their ears tickled and their balls fondled. Thus, YouTube is full of punchable thumbnails and screaming idiots.
JR says hi

Please stop. JR was LAZY AS HELL and didn't love football. He just wanted to get paid. This is an EXTREME OUTLIER. JR robbed the Raiders. It was damn near a crime.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It seems like those that attended the practice today came away with a positive impression of Lance.
This was embarrassing to watch.

Your reaction is more embarrassing. These guys are excited. Give em a break. Sheesh.
JR says hi

You should definitely follow Jimmy to his new team.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Your reaction is more embarrassing. These guys are excited. Give em a break. Sheesh.
You remind me of my 8 year old watching Minecraft videos.
here is a better comparison (OK I admit the JR wasn't my best effort), 2nd overall pick, strong arm good legs, I would say he is an average to mediocre NFL QB

Let's stop with these ridiculous comparisons.
JR says hi

You should definitely follow Jimmy to his new team.

They'll jump ship the second Jimmy Is traded.
Most compelling reason for Trey may be whats between his ears.I hope he has the ability to shake off the negative plays..

Lol there is no comparison to Trey besides Michael Jordan but NFL.
3) With Trey's mobility and the read option being in play, he's going to increase his chance for injury. And then its Rosen/Sudfeld time!

For the umpteenth time, there is ZERO correlation between mobile QBs and injuries. Absolutely none. Why do people continue to claim there is?

I would think that people would research the claims they make, but here we are. Again.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
You remind me of my 8 year old watching Minecraft videos.

Would love to hear you elaborate on this.

For the umpteenth time, there is ZERO correlation between mobile QBs and injuries. Absolutely none. Why do people continue to claim there is?

I would think that people would research the claims they make, but here we are. Again.

It's funny that people even bring this up considering we're in this situation because our "pocket qb" is constantly out due to injury.

And if you needed any more evidence, look in our own damn division. How many games has Wilson missed all these years? I know we're early in his career but what about Murray?

How about a QB who relied on his legs way too much in Kap?

Such a dumb argument.
lol @ ppl getting upset over fans getting excited about their rookie QB - who is showcasing his skills. Bet these are the ppl who go to our games and tell ppl to sit down and don't be so loud. Learn to be a fan. It's exciting times. Get on with it. If you don't like it - don't reply to ppl who are excited. Don't be a complete douche.
Share 49ersWebzone