There are 229 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol @ ppl getting upset over fans getting excited about their rookie QB - who is showcasing his skills. Bet these are the ppl who go to our games and tell ppl to sit down and don't be so loud. Learn to be a fan. It's exciting times. Get on with it. If you don't like it - don't reply to ppl who are excited. Don't be a complete douche.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol @ ppl getting upset over fans getting excited about their rookie QB - who is showcasing his skills. Bet these are the ppl who go to our games and tell ppl to sit down and don't be so loud. Learn to be a fan. It's exciting times. Get on with it. If you don't like it - don't reply to ppl who are excited. Don't be a complete douche.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lance reminds me of Andrew Luck the most. Big guy, strong arm, and can run well. That's a better comparison than these half ass QBs from over a decade ago.

He's his own player…but if I had to toss around comps he reminds me of Herbert or a bigger/stronger armed/more athletic Dak. Even McNair makes more sense.

Luck was in his own league coming into the NFL. He was so nuanced as a QB coming into the league…

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
3) With Trey's mobility and the read option being in play, he's going to increase his chance for injury. And then its Rosen/Sudfeld time!

For the umpteenth time, there is ZERO correlation between mobile QBs and injuries. Absolutely none. Why do people continue to claim there is?

I would think that people would research the claims they make, but here we are. Again.

We have one of the most injury prone QBs in the league…how many Zone reads is he running lol?

yeah pretty baseless claim.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting week 1. This kid could be special.
Seriously, why shouldn't people be excited? Obviously there is still a lot for him to prove, but he's passed every test that has been put in front of him so far. The fact that he could come here at 21 with only 1 year of starting in the FCS and already look like he belongs on day 1 of TC is impressive as hell.

His physical talent is elite, but pairing that natural ability with the intangibles he's shown are what really gets me excited. He comes off as an intelligent, down-to-earth, mature kid with an incredible work ethic and strong desire to learn and accept coaching. Coaches have raved about his football knowledge.

Then combining all that with the ideal situation that we have here, what's not to be excited about? Is he guaranteed to be the next great NFL QB? Of course not. Nothing is guaranteed. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't get excited about the possibility.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Seriously, why shouldn't people be excited? Obviously there is still a lot for him to prove, but he's passed every test that has been put in front of him so far. The fact that he could come here at 21 with only 1 year of starting in the FCS and already look like he belongs on day 1 of TC is impressive as hell.

His physical talent is elite, but pairing that natural ability with the intangibles he's shown are what really gets me excited. He comes off as an intelligent, down-to-earth, mature kid with an incredible work ethic and strong desire to learn and accept coaching. Coaches have raved about his football knowledge.

Then combining all that with the ideal situation that we have here, what's not to be excited about? Is he guaranteed to be the next great NFL QB? Of course not. Nothing is guaranteed. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't get excited about the possibility.
i don't think it's the excitement entirely that some are having a hard time with, it's what the excitement manifests. and thats high expectations (should start week 1, cut jimmy now). He's still a rookie.

I like the news but i can't make my judgement until he plays against starting defenses in regular season games.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 1, 2021 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

i don't think it's the excitement entirely that some are having a hard time with, it's what the excitement manifests. and thats high expectations (should start week 1, cut jimmy now). He's still a rookie.

I like the news but i can't make my judgement until he plays against starting defenses in the regular season games.

That's fair. Though being a QB in the NFL is always going to come with high expectations, especially when they're highly drafted and a team traded a lot to get them. The team has done what they can to not put too much pressure on Lance right away, but it's ultimately an unavoidable part of the job.

He'll have to prove it on the field, week after week and year after year before we can anoint him, but he can only go up against what is in front of him. So far, he's passed every test and even exceeded some lofty expectations. People should be excited about that, and I'm sure everyone is aware that there is still a long way to go.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 1, 2021 at 11:39 AM ]

Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Tman:

has to be one of the dumbest takes I've seen so far
We'll I guess he's a zoner, It's expected

Lol
What's this guys WZ handle? Or does he just write for the website and not post?

If Barrows is reporting that Lance is looking the part, I believe. Best beat reporter out there
It sounds like yesterday was the first time the team unleashed the zone read in front of the media because nobody can shut the hell about it. This running game is going to be f**king bananas with Trey back there. It was already steamrolling teams before with Jimmy, but with the running QB element, it's going to put a ton of strain on defenses to respect the keep and play the dive. I could totally see Trey having a lot of success as a young starter in the same way that Jimmy did in 2019 with the running game.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

If Barrows is reporting that Lance is looking the part, I believe. Best beat reporter out there

Pretty much every media member at the camp is reporting the same thing.
Maiocco was gushing about Lance on his podcast earlier as well. He interviewed Peter King and Peter said that the starting defensive players that he was standing by while watching practice were in awe watching Trey against the 2s.
Share 49ersWebzone