Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Omg such a shillllllllll

Defending Jimmy from idiotic takes on twitter= shill I guess

Someone called Lombardi a Jimmy shill….I thought that was the point of your original post
what?!?

[blocked URL]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Seriously, why shouldn't people be excited? Obviously there is still a lot for him to prove, but he's passed every test that has been put in front of him so far. The fact that he could come here at 21 with only 1 year of starting in the FCS and already look like he belongs on day 1 of TC is impressive as hell.

His physical talent is elite, but pairing that natural ability with the intangibles he's shown are what really gets me excited. He comes off as an intelligent, down-to-earth, mature kid with an incredible work ethic and strong desire to learn and accept coaching. Coaches have raved about his football knowledge.

Then combining all that with the ideal situation that we have here, what's not to be excited about? Is he guaranteed to be the next great NFL QB? Of course not. Nothing is guaranteed. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't get excited about the possibility.
i don't think it's the excitement entirely that some are having a hard time with, it's what the excitement manifests. and thats high expectations (should start week 1, cut jimmy now). He's still a rookie.

I like the news but i can't make my judgement until he plays against starting defenses in regular season games.
Well said, about time reality hits the fan...! Go Niners!

How much of the offense can he run now?

Id say he's trending towards week 1 starter.

Lulz less than 24 hours ago posters were complaining about his wounded ducks. I swear you guys are worse than high school girls, control your emotions and quit living and dying from every report that comes out of camp . Preseason is upon us, and we will finally get to see what Trey can do, until then….

RELAX

Loool I won't relax. Stfu foh

Great thought provoking response

You get what you ask for. Don't tell me to RELAX. This ain't f**king golf. I ain't ever relaxing as long as Lance is the QB. Man up! If your body is too old to make some natural testosterone - take what Frank Thomas is selling. Don't be timid and shy. This is Trey Area! Get your popcorn ready!!!!

Originally posted by Tman:

Lulz less than 24 hours ago posters were complaining about his wounded ducks. I swear you guys are worse than high school girls, control your emotions and quit living and dying from every report that comes out of camp . Preseason is upon us, and we will finally get to see what Trey can do, until then….

RELAX

You get what you ask for. Don't tell me to RELAX. This ain't f**king golf. I ain't ever relaxing as long as Lance is the QB. Man up! If your body is too old to make some natural testosterone - take what Frank Thomas is selling. Don't be timid and shy. This is Trey Area! Get your popcorn ready!!!!

That was perfect Tman....now take me to jail! I can't wait to give Seattle and Arizona a taste of their own medicine when we have a running qb that can throw. Those average defenses are going to look even worse.

But then again we've already proven we can beat the teams in our division with a bunch of back ups
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 1, 2021 at 3:33 PM ]

RELAX

Lulz he's done nothing yet, and Jimmy is still QB1. If Trey is as good as fans say he is, we're in great position He's got a chance to show fans what he can do next Saturday's

But it's ridiculous to see how butthurt you're getting, reports from training camp gives you testosterone?! it's the Internet, stop taking things so personal

f**k yea! It does.

RELAX

Lulz he's done nothing yet, and Jimmy is still QB1. If Trey is as good as fans say he is, we're in great position He's got a chance to show fans what he can do next Saturday's

But it's ridiculous to see how butthurt you're getting, reports from training camp gives you testosterone?! it's the Internet, stop taking things so personal

f**k yea! It does.

Just f*ck and get it over with… like NC and NY haha jk. Just a reference btw.

Start making account bets 4ml if its
truly Trey Area week 1.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

truly Trey Area week 1.

Hey now…

1. Trey Lance is on the attack Easily the biggest story of training camp so far is Trey Lance and the leap the rookie quarterback made from the end of OTAs to the beginning of training camp.

At the very least, Lance, who was only 20 years old on draft day and who had just 17 college starts in the Missouri Valley Conference, is dashing any notion that he'll be a lost fawn in the forest during his initial NFL season.

In fact, the rookie has acted more like a wolf.

He's attacked the defense deep. He's gunned the ball over the middle on crossing routes, the meat-and-potatoes throw of the 49ers offense. And Saturday, he took off on his first runs of training camp, looking entirely natural and effective on scrambles and in running the read-option.

In short, Lance has been aggressive, which has to please head coach and play caller Kyle Shanahan, who — you may have read about this once or twice — prefers an always-attacking mentality.

What's more, Lance's capabilities have been in contrast to Jimmy Garoppolo's.

The latter isn't a dangerous runner and doesn't attack with the deep ball. During Saturday's practice, Deebo Samuel broke free from cornerback Jason Verrett. Garoppolo saw it but double-clutched his throw. When he finally let it go, Samuel had built too much distance. You sensed it as the ball was released, and Garoppolo probably knew it, too. Sure enough, the pass easily was 10 yards short and Verrett merely needed to turn around to get the easiest interception of training camp so far.

Garoppolo, who had been picked off by Fred Warner earlier in practice, seemed to hesitate on his next several throws. When another receiver broke free deep, he thought about a second deep attempt but decided against it, choosing to go through his reads and find a shorter target instead.

Is Garoppolo's starting job in danger?

There have only been four practices, and Shanahan likely will be stingy in his praise of Lance. He'll want to keep the pressure on the rookie.

Still, the notion that Lance could overtake Garoppolo early in the season, which seemed so farfetched on draft day and after OTAs, appears far more realistic today.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 1, 2021 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

1. Trey Lance is on the attack Easily the biggest story of training camp so far is Trey Lance and the leap the rookie quarterback made from the end of OTAs to the beginning of training camp.

At the very least, Lance, who was only 20 years old on draft day and who had just 17 college starts in the Missouri Valley Conference, is dashing any notion that he'll be a lost fawn in the forest during his initial NFL season.

He's attacked the defense deep. He's gunned the ball over the middle on crossing routes, the meat-and-potatoes throw of the 49ers offense. And Saturday, he took off on his first runs of training camp, looking entirely natural and effective on scrambles and in running the read-option.

In short, Lance has been aggressive, which has to please head coach and play caller Kyle Shanahan, who — you may have read about this once or twice — prefers an always-attacking mentality.

The latter isn't a dangerous runner and doesn't attack with the deep ball. During Saturday's practice, Deebo Samuel broke free from cornerback Jason Verrett. Garoppolo saw it but double-clutched his throw. When he finally let it go, Samuel had built too much distance. You sensed it as the ball was released, and Garoppolo probably knew it, too. Sure enough, the pass easily was 10 yards short and Verrett merely needed to turn around to get the easiest interception of training camp so far.

Garoppolo, who had been picked off by Fred Warner earlier in practice, seemed to hesitate on his next several throws. When another receiver broke free deep, he thought about a second deep attempt but decided against it, choosing to go through his reads and find a shorter target instead.

There have only been four practices, and Shanahan likely will be stingy in his praise of Lance. He'll want to keep the pressure on the rookie.

Still, the notion that Lance could overtake Garoppolo early in the season, which seemed so farfetched on draft day and after OTAs, appears far more realistic today.

Narrative and perception are big here. As is the tenor of the locker room. And there's been a noticeable shift in the past few days, especially yesterday.

On one of the podcasts, they said that yesterday was Day 1 of the Lance era.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Narrative and perception are big here. As is the tenor of the locker room. And there's been a noticeable shift in the past few days, especially yesterday.

On one of the podcasts, they said that yesterday was Day 1 of the Lance era.

Kid is on the prowl - watch out Jimmy he's coming to get you.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

truly Trey Area week 1.

It don't matter if it's week 1 or 4. It's Trey Area no matter what. Jimmy gonna Jimmy - he'll be good one day and average one day. That's who he is. Trey is on another level.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM ]

If you can read all this positive news from multiple sources about Trey and still not find any excitement in it then you seriously need to think about getting your seratonin levels checked or something.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
If you can read all this positive news from multiple sources about Trey and still not find any excitement in it then you seriously need to think about getting your seratonin levels checked or something.

Share 49ersWebzone