There are 171 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

STARTING QB OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
maiocco loves trey

peter king is high on the 9ers

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
If you can read all this positive news from multiple sources about Trey and still not find any excitement in it then you seriously need to think about getting your seratonin levels checked or something.
If I knew him then i might get fluttered… but I've watched too much football to get excited over nothing. Once he starts winning games.. then he will start getting my attention
Trey Lance the Wolf

Like I've been saying since the SB loss, Kyle is done with Jimmy. I don't know how many games he'll still start with us, but I've always bet he will never start another playoff game for us if there is Any way Kyle can prevent it. He's always been willing to start a lesser talent at any position if need be if it allows him to run his system. Kyle rightfully gets players that fit his offense at all positions, and Mr. Jim doesn't fit the bill. Even odds Jim makes the roster.
waiting for Lance vs Mahomie preseason game
I'm as excited as anyone to see what Lance has but can we pump the breaks on all the hype? Think he's a year or two away from getting it figured out
Originally posted by Since07:
I'm as excited as anyone to see what Lance has but can we pump the breaks on all the hype? Think he's a year or two away from getting it figured out

Based on what?
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Based on what?

Based on him being a 21 year old rookie coming out of a small school learning one of the more complicated offenses in the nfl. I'm sure Lance has impressed in camp cause he has the talent but it's not often a rookie qb comes in and tears the league up especially with this division
Originally posted by 4ML:

STARTING QB OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Based on what?

Based on him being a 21 year old rookie coming out of a small school learning one of the more complicated offenses in the nfl. I'm sure Lance has impressed in camp cause he has the talent but it's not often a rookie qb comes in and tears the league up especially with this division

Soooooo ok. His age and school means that he needs 1-2 more years?WTF. He's already making a joke of Jimmy's athleticism on multiple plays per practice and hasen't played a live bullet play for how long? But you want him to wait longer??? Genius. Wow. He apparently had the playbook learned a month ago. He needs to be playing

Based on what?

Don't box him in by category. Everybody is an individual. He had a complicated offense similar to Kyle's, and ran it very well. Some smart young people can compete with more experienced people early on and very well in many eneavors. Because most don't does not justify saying he can't.

I don't know what he can do early on. I just don't believe in putting a cap on him until he's earned it either way. "A year or two away"? Please. You don't know that.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Aug 1, 2021 at 7:41 PM ]

All the hype is coming from the people that are watching him or have insider access.

Based on what?

I get the logic behind this, but we should base our evaluations of Lance on what he actually does rather than just rely on our assumptions about what he can and cannot accomplish due to his age, experience, the school he came from, or whatever else.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 1, 2021 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

All the hype is coming from the people that are watching him or have insider access.

They need to pump the brakes
Share 49ersWebzone