LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Here's some more comments from the 1st week of practices...

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Let´s not overthinking this. Just the fact that your top rookie QB seems to adapt well to the team is a good enough news for me.
We´ll see what happens next. But so far so good.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Let´s not overthinking this. Just the fact that your top rookie QB seems to adapt well to the team is a good enough news for me.
We´ll see what happens next. But so far so good.

Same...he shouldn't be better than Jimmy at this point. The fact that he's not completely lost and making plays right now is pretty awesome.

arrow up!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 2, 2021 at 7:46 AM ]
getting utterly ridiculous:

49ers' Kyle Shanahan: I don't know any rookie who can unseat Jimmy Garoppolo at his best😆😆😆😆.
He's literally trying to sell a used car with one speed at 50 percent above the Kelly blue draft pick book price🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨
[ Edited by socal1632 on Aug 2, 2021 at 7:51 AM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Besides can we stop for one second about this Garappolo/Lance drama nonsense.
We learn hard enough the last few years that having two good QBs would not be a bad idea actually.
And trust me, Shanahan will play the better one.
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?
Originally posted by socal1632:

49ers' Kyle Shanahan: I don't know any rookie who can unseat Jimmy Garoppolo at his best😆😆😆😆.
He's literally trying to sell a used car with one speed at 50 percent above the Kelly blue draft pick book price🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Typical coach speak. He's not going to undermine Jimmy since he will probably be the starter. You could probably say the same thing about most NFL QBs. They know the playbook and system better than a rookie. That doesn't mean the rookie doesn't have better skills but there's a learning curve that differs from one player to the next.
Originally posted by Tman:
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?

He probably would have struggled a bit, but his talent would have won out, so I think macroscopically the Chiefs would probably have a similar season to the one they had in 2017 anyway. Then come 2018 (when Mahomes broke out), he would be in a similar situation.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by socal1632:

Typical coach speak. He's not going to undermine Jimmy since he will probably be the starter. You could probably say the same thing about most NFL QBs. They know the playbook and system better than a rookie. That doesn't mean the rookie doesn't have better skills but there's a learning curve that differs from one player to the next.

this is a nice example of why kyle is a good coach
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He probably would have struggled a bit, but his talent would have won out, so I think macroscopically the Chiefs would probably have a similar season to the one they had in 2017 anyway. Then come 2018 (when Mahomes broke out), he would be in a similar situation.

I remember media roasting Mahomes for throwing lots of interceptions in practice

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

It's possible he could have struggled and lost his confidence as well, setting both the chiefs and himself back further.

Im as stoked as anybody to have Trey as our qb, I just know we are pretty damn good with Jimmy at qb and if it benefits Trey and the team even a sliver to have him sit a year despite his superior talent then that seems like the best thing to do
Originally posted by NYniner85:
sounds like Lance is spending plenty of time learning the play book per Peter king…

This kid is giving me a major football boner. I'm trying to hold my hype before I see him play a preseason game.

NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I BEEN THIS HYPED ABOUT A PRESEASON GAME.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
sounds like Lance is spending plenty of time learning the play book per Peter king…

This kid is giving me a major football boner. I'm trying to hold my hype before I see him play a preseason game.

it's better to not creae these expectations. He's still a rookie
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I had expectations of Jimmy who was not a rookie every year and was disappointed in all but one so…..
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I had expectations of Jimmy who was not a rookie every year and was disappointed in all but one so…..
prime example.. it's better not to create those expectations
Share 49ersWebzone