LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

i wanna see Lance vs. the 1st team so bad lol

This. Coach needs to give Jimmy a day off for maintenance so we get an idea of how Lance will look with Fred reading him like a book.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This. Coach needs to give Jimmy a day off for maintenance so we get an idea of how Lance will look with Fred reading him like a book.

It would be good for Lance to take some serious lumps in practice
😂
Trey is a dog.Pit bull and Doberman mix
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
You're right. I heard Trey loves dogs.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Tman:
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?

How did Tyrod Taylor & Herbert look? Tyrod & Allen? Tyrod vs Baker? Flacco & Jackson etc…do you think it would have benefited any of them, to sit those guys for a full yr? If the only way for a rookie QB to be successful is to red shirt them….every single team would do it.

People get all up in arms that Lance hasn't played a ton or who he played against YET they don't want him to play, so he can't actually get better lol

FWIW Mahomes couldn't even read coverages the yr he won the MVP. Good coaching, good players around them and straight up talent help these young gifted QBs have success. Period

Also - I think had Mahomes played earlier - maybe they don't lose to the Pats in the playoffs in year 2 and win Superbowl a year earlier. Had he played in his rookie year - maybe they were celebrating their 2nd Superbowl when they won against us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
😂

People might get frustrated but Kyle is doing his best to make sure jimmy, trey, and the rest of the team are in the best situation possible. The media is trying to pit both qbs against each other and Kyle ain't having it
Originally posted by 4ML:
Also - I think had Mahomes played earlier - maybe they don't lose to the Pats in the playoffs in year 2 and win Superbowl a year earlier. Had he played in his rookie year - maybe they were celebrating their 2nd Superbowl when they won against us.

his 2020 quote about not being able to read defenses until halfway into the season makes me doubt your thought
Originally posted by Joecool:
Trey really trying to force this to be a competition.

I think it was always a competition. Maybe not a fair competition but a competition nonetheless. Shanahan is making sure that Trey understands that you have to fight for everything in this league - even to get into a competition.

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 4ML:

his 2020 quote about not being able to read defenses until halfway into the season makes me doubt your thought

Well - Kap went to Superbowl and we know he couldn't read defenses even 2 years after Superbowl trip.

Also - never said Mahomes should have started week 1. Had he started week 9 - and gotten playoff experience in his rookie year - maybe he carries his team to win over Pats in year 2. You know?

Or maybe - had he started week 1 - he could have learned to read defenses by week 5 instead of halfway into the season and win it all in his rookie year.

My point is - we don't know. Everyone is different. There is no concrete conclusion that sitting on a bench for 2 years is better than starting in your rookie year. It works for some and it doesn't work for others. That's all.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 2, 2021 at 1:22 PM ]
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

vs the 2s*

Our 2s are better than anyone he faced in college though.

Yeah... No.
Originally posted by NDSU:

vs the 2s*

Yeah... No.

Lol you think he faced a bunch of future pro football players at NDSU?
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

i wanna see Lance vs. the 1st team so bad lol

I can't wait to see how he performs In pre-season
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NDSU:

vs the 2s*

Yeah... No.

Lol you think he faced a bunch of future pro football players at NDSU?

It's Hysterikal that you're arguing about NDSU with NDSU.
Share 49ersWebzone