LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Tman:
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?

How did Tyrod Taylor & Herbert look? Tyrod & Allen? Tyrod vs Baker? Flacco & Jackson etc…do you think it would have benefited any of them, to sit those guys for a full yr? If the only way for a rookie QB to be successful is to red shirt them….every single team would do it.

People get all up in arms that Lance hasn't played a ton or who he played against YET they don't want him to play, so he can't actually get better lol

FWIW Mahomes couldn't even read coverages the yr he won the MVP. Good coaching, good players around them and straight up talent help these young gifted QBs have success. Period

Also - I think had Mahomes played earlier - maybe they don't lose to the Pats in the playoffs in year 2 and win Superbowl a year earlier. Had he played in his rookie year - maybe they were celebrating their 2nd Superbowl when they won against us.

Lol
are we really doing this…

or maybe he takes one to the knees and blows out both his acl's..

Yup best thing is to never play him, you know because he might get hurt some day
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
This is what's dumb about the fan base. Does Trey not have a strong arm and fast runner like Kaep. I did not compare his football IQ or mental aspects of it. Yet so many of you act like I said everything about him is 100% Kaep.

When comparing QBs I think its best to evaluate there arms and thats where Kaep and Lance are not similar at all. There are lots of QBs that are dual threats thats why Kaep is a horrible comparison.

How so? I think they both really have strong arms and can make a deep throw.

Kaep is a one read run first QB that can't throw for s**t. Lance is the complete opposite of that.
Lance hasn't proved he's a one read qb also. Just got to wait and see

Huh? Dude had full read progressions at NDSU. There's film of him looking off safeties and going past his 1st read. He wasn't running a straight up pistol offense.
College tape doesn't guarantee anything

It actually shows that he can go past his first read lol. You can't say a player can't do something, when in fact he's already done it…
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Youngone:
We have some knowledgeable posters that said by Kyle setting up so many "give me's" for Jimmy in the passing game, it actually hurt in his development.

If this is true, hopefully Kyle figured this out and handles Trey's development a little differently.

They don't sound very knowledgeable to me.

So Kyle is hurting his QB's by giving them favourable looks?!

That is ridiculous, didn't do Matt Ryan any harm. Simple fact is that Jimmy hasn't developed, the injuries have clearly had an impact, but he should absolutely be further along by now.

This.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Tman:
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?

How did Tyrod Taylor & Herbert look? Tyrod & Allen? Tyrod vs Baker? Flacco & Jackson etc…do you think it would have benefited any of them, to sit those guys for a full yr? If the only way for a rookie QB to be successful is to red shirt them….every single team would do it.

People get all up in arms that Lance hasn't played a ton or who he played against YET they don't want him to play, so he can't actually get better lol

FWIW Mahomes couldn't even read coverages the yr he won the MVP. Good coaching, good players around them and straight up talent help these young gifted QBs have success. Period

Also - I think had Mahomes played earlier - maybe they don't lose to the Pats in the playoffs in year 2 and win Superbowl a year earlier. Had he played in his rookie year - maybe they were celebrating their 2nd Superbowl when they won against us.

Lol
are we really doing this…

or maybe he takes one to the knees and blows out both his acl's..

Yup best thing is to never play him, you know because he might get hurt some day

PM still doesn't. Watch closely when he gets pinned in the pocket he panics and sometimes just chucks it or runs out of bounds.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
So Kyle is hurting his QB's by giving them favourable looks?!

That is ridiculous, didn't do Matt Ryan any harm. Simple fact is that Jimmy hasn't developed, the injuries have clearly had an impact, but he should absolutely be further along by now.
Perhaps, but even so, he's pretty darn good.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
This is what's dumb about the fan base. Does Trey not have a strong arm and fast runner like Kaep. I did not compare his football IQ or mental aspects of it. Yet so many of you act like I said everything about him is 100% Kaep.

When comparing QBs I think its best to evaluate there arms and thats where Kaep and Lance are not similar at all. There are lots of QBs that are dual threats thats why Kaep is a horrible comparison.

How so? I think they both really have strong arms and can make a deep throw.

Kaep is a one read run first QB that can't throw for s**t. Lance is the complete opposite of that.

Kap*

*lol. Who cares? He's irrelevant.,
It's not always easy to judge a QB's performance by watching workouts. We don't know what the coaches are asking him to do. Maybe they are asking him to work on something in particular and it looks like they are missing something to the untrained eye.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this website might crash if trey hits hurd for a td in the preseason opener

He is not allowed to throw to players in the blue tent.

Lol got to actually suit up first.
he does not need to. he is assured of a position for some reason in the minds of some fans

We'll unleash him soon!
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

i wanna see Lance vs. the 1st team so bad lol

Not to worry. He's probably going to face alot of 1st teams this year.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Trey, go!
We have some knowledgeable posters that said by Kyle setting up so many "give me's" for Jimmy in the passing game, it actually hurt in his development.

If this is true, hopefully Kyle figured this out and handles Trey's development a little differently.

Tell them that's complete nonsense.
Trey Tha Truth Lance
College tape doesn't guarantee anything

It actually shows that he can go past his first read lol. You can't say a player can't do something, when in fact he's already done it…
all top QB drafted can do that, but not all top QBs can do it in the NFL or become great QBs

Doing it in college doesn't guarantee anything, you still got to show it in the NFL
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 3, 2021 at 9:28 AM ]
I think real life is happening, one guy is getting $20-something million dollars this season and thats the guy they are going to start no matter what.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance will ride the bench this year unless JG get's the usual injury, in which the "Baby Kap" era begins like the CK7 original career took off after Alex went down.

If we open up all of that cap space from JG's contract and "Baby Kap" is the real deal? Without the need to pay 2 years worth of 1st round picks, man we would be sitting pretty for the next 4-5 years and could build a killer roster!
Share 49ersWebzone