LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
We have some knowledgeable posters that said by Kyle setting up so many "give me's" for Jimmy in the passing game, it actually hurt in his development.

If this is true, hopefully Kyle figured this out and handles Trey's development a little differently.

They don't sound very knowledgeable to me.

So Kyle is hurting his QB's by giving them favourable looks?!

That is ridiculous, didn't do Matt Ryan any harm. Simple fact is that Jimmy hasn't developed, the injuries have clearly had an impact, but he should absolutely be further along by now.
Ok…. I believe it was THL that said something to the effect of this however maybe I phrased it wrong. T
and to compare Matt Ryan who was a what 5-6 year vet to Jimmy is absolutely hilarious but go ahead and show your bias. Are you also one who says we had a better offensive line and receivers then Ryan had..

do you think McVay did any favors for Goff's development by telling him who was open and who wasn't on every play before the mics turned off?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Youngone:
We have some knowledgeable posters that said by Kyle setting up so many "give me's" for Jimmy in the passing game, it actually hurt in his development.

If this is true, hopefully Kyle figured this out and handles Trey's development a little differently.

They don't sound very knowledgeable to me.

So Kyle is hurting his QB's by giving them favourable looks?!

That is ridiculous, didn't do Matt Ryan any harm. Simple fact is that Jimmy hasn't developed, the injuries have clearly had an impact, but he should absolutely be further along by now.
Ok…. I believe it was THL that said something to the effect of this however maybe I phrased it wrong. T
and to compare Matt Ryan who was a what 5-6 year vet to Jimmy is absolutely hilarious but go ahead and show your bias. Are you also one who says we had a better offensive line and receivers then Ryan had..

do you think McVay did any favors for Goff's development by telling him who was open and who wasn't on every play before the mics turned off?

I have no bias, I'm a Jimmy fan, but I don't think anyone can suggest that he's markedly better now than he was when he got here, and yes I'd expect him to be.

The Matt Ryan thing is that he has been his best after learning Kyle's system, and that's compared to lots of systems before and some after.

As for Goff, well he was a lot better under McVay than Fox, some guys are just limited and yes I think Jimmy is one of those.

Anyway as this is Trey's thread, no I don't think it'll do him any harm having guys schemed open or giving him favourable reads. I expect him to become extremely prolific and dangerous, and even more so when he has mastered the system.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Imagine a world where skin color doesn't matter and players are judged by what they can do on the field.

Imagine two guys being the same size, same position, same playing style (Athletic scrambling QB w/ big arm), drafted by the same team, even similar arm sleeve tattoo's, and both have a "Franchise QB" sitting in front of them.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance = the second coming of CK7!

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

They're not the same style of player. Its just a lazy comparison because they can both run and have a strong arm. Nobody called Josh Allen "Baby Kap". I wonder why?

Nobody calls Lamar Jackson Baby Kap either. I wonder why?

Probably because Lamar won an MVP.

Lance is a pocket passer first. He reads defenses and has extended experience under center. His comp isn't even close to Kap. Both can run and both are mixed race. That's about the extent of it, so calling Lance "Baby Kap" seems like its based on looks over style.
Imagine a world where skin color doesn't matter and players are judged by what they can do on the field.

Imagine two guys being the same size, same position, same playing style (Athletic scrambling QB w/ big arm), drafted by the same team, even similar arm sleeve tattoo's, and both have a "Franchise QB" sitting in front of them.

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

They're not the same style of player. Its just a lazy comparison because they can both run and have a strong arm. Nobody called Josh Allen "Baby Kap". I wonder why?

Lance is a pocket passer first. He reads defenses and has extended experience under center. His comp isn't even close to Kap. Both can run and both are mixed race. That's about the extent of it, so calling Lance "Baby Kap" seems like its based on looks over style.

Well stated. Not sure where people get the comp from really outside of the race and 49er connections. Lance is looking to make plays down the field and will run if he needs to ala Russ. Kap looked at one read and if it wasn't there he took off running. He simply never progressed into a pocket passer and that was his undoing.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I think real life is happening, one guy is getting $20-something million dollars this season and thats the guy they are going to start no matter what.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance will ride the bench this year unless JG get's the usual injury, in which the "Baby Kap" era begins like the CK7 original career took off after Alex went down.

If we open up all of that cap space from JG's contract and "Baby Kap" is the real deal? Without the need to pay 2 years worth of 1st round picks, man we would be sitting pretty for the next 4-5 years and could build a killer roster!

Blocked

I'm not sure how Lance is baby Kap?

To me they play very different.

Is it cause they both can scramble and all of a sudden they're the same?

i'll call him baby MaWilson

Imagine calling someone Baby Kap just because they have the same skin color. Cringe.

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

Imagine not being a troll.
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

Well stated. Not sure where people get the comp from really outside of the race and 49er connections. Lance is looking to make plays down the field and will run if he needs to ala Russ. Kap looked at one read and if it wasn't there he took off running. He simply never progressed into a pocket passer and that was his undoing.

BINGO!
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
I think real life is happening, one guy is getting $20-something million dollars this season and thats the guy they are going to start no matter what.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance will ride the bench this year unless JG get's the usual injury, in which the "Baby Kap" era begins like the CK7 original career took off after Alex went down.

If we open up all of that cap space from JG's contract and "Baby Kap" is the real deal? Without the need to pay 2 years worth of 1st round picks, man we would be sitting pretty for the next 4-5 years and could build a killer roster!

Blocked

Imagine calling someone Baby Kap just because they have the same skin color. Cringe.

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

Attack the post not the poster...

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

I actually did and have for a long time, no lie. Well never "baby Kap" but I've always likened him to a Kaepernick that has pocket ability.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 3, 2021 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

Blocked

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

Attack the post not the poster...

Did I call the poster a troll?

Not sure on this site per se but I know a ton of ppl who thought Josh Allen was a good comp with Kaep. One guy just actually developed into a qb that can throw from the pocket. Trey and Kaep have similar running styles. In that they both pick up speed and get downhill versus being more shifty and allusive like Lamar. Throwing wise totally different. I don't think it's lazy to comp Trey to Kaep.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 3, 2021 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Tman:
How did Mahomes look in his first few practices vs Alex? Would it have benefitted him and the chiefs more if he played year 1?

How did Tyrod Taylor & Herbert look? Tyrod & Allen? Tyrod vs Baker? Flacco & Jackson etc…do you think it would have benefited any of them, to sit those guys for a full yr? If the only way for a rookie QB to be successful is to red shirt them….every single team would do it.

People get all up in arms that Lance hasn't played a ton or who he played against YET they don't want him to play, so he can't actually get better lol

FWIW Mahomes couldn't even read coverages the yr he won the MVP. Good coaching, good players around them and straight up talent help these young gifted QBs have success. Period

Also - I think had Mahomes played earlier - maybe they don't lose to the Pats in the playoffs in year 2 and win Superbowl a year earlier. Had he played in his rookie year - maybe they were celebrating their 2nd Superbowl when they won against us.

Lol
are we really doing this…

or maybe he takes one to the knees and blows out both his acl's..

Lol that can happen regardless of when you play. Nothing to do with playing in week 1 or 17.

Playing gives you valuable experience. Mahomes playing early likely means that he reaches his comfort level on the field earlier.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 3, 2021 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

Ha! Kyle lasted a Day from "No plans to have him take starter reps!"

Blocked

Lol,...they're saying it simply because it bothers people so much for whatever reason.

You know,...some people have ALOT more against Kap outside the lines of football. They want to act like he was never a smart, difference-making, developing player,...which he indeed was.

Baby Gap/Baby Kap,....I get it. Just ignore it and the term go away. Otherwise,...I'll embrace it as well if this kid ever takes off for a 60 yard run,...lol.

Let's go baby!!!!

Go NINERS!!!!

Guessing it's partly due to them not being drafted to play for the 49ers,...unlike Kap and Lance?
Share 49ersWebzone