Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I think real life is happening, one guy is getting $20-something million dollars this season and thats the guy they are going to start no matter what.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance will ride the bench this year unless JG get's the usual injury, in which the "Baby Kap" era begins like the CK7 original career took off after Alex went down.

If we open up all of that cap space from JG's contract and "Baby Kap" is the real deal? Without the need to pay 2 years worth of 1st round picks, man we would be sitting pretty for the next 4-5 years and could build a killer roster!

Blocked

I'm not sure how Lance is baby Kap?

To me they play very different.

Is it cause they both can scramble and all of a sudden they're the same?

i'll call him baby MaWilson

Lol,...they're saying it simply because it bothers people so much for whatever reason.

You know,...some people have ALOT more against Kap outside the lines of football. They want to act like he was never a smart, difference-making, developing player,...which he indeed was.

Baby Gap/Baby Kap,....I get it. Just ignore it and the term go away. Otherwise,...I'll embrace it as well if this kid ever takes off for a 60 yard run,...lol.

You couldn't be more wrong. I've been a big supporter of Kap's off the field work. Not a supporter on his on field work lol. But ya, some do hate him just for the political part.

Hmm, I wonder why?

Let's not get another thread locked please.

Back to talking about the future of our franchise and not the past that's long gone and dead.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Personally, I don't like Commie Black Nationalists. They are just as despicable to me as White Nationalists.

I liked Kap when he kept his divisive views off the field and just played football.

Hand me that 192 oz soda would ya? And can you pull up the tarp? I hear this sh!tshow is gonna get messy.
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I think real life is happening, one guy is getting $20-something million dollars this season and thats the guy they are going to start no matter what.

Trey "Baby Kap" Lance will ride the bench this year unless JG get's the usual injury, in which the "Baby Kap" era begins like the CK7 original career took off after Alex went down.

If we open up all of that cap space from JG's contract and "Baby Kap" is the real deal? Without the need to pay 2 years worth of 1st round picks, man we would be sitting pretty for the next 4-5 years and could build a killer roster!

Blocked

I'm not sure how Lance is baby Kap?

To me they play very different.

Is it cause they both can scramble and all of a sudden they're the same?

i'll call him baby MaWilson

Lol,...they're saying it simply because it bothers people so much for whatever reason.

You know,...some people have ALOT more against Kap outside the lines of football. They want to act like he was never a smart, difference-making, developing player,...which he indeed was.

Baby Gap/Baby Kap,....I get it. Just ignore it and the term go away. Otherwise,...I'll embrace it as well if this kid ever takes off for a 60 yard run,...lol.

No one ever said Kap wasn't smart on a personal basis but his football IQ left something to be desired. It is fairly well known that he was a one read QB that struggled to progress as a passer. It's also silly to say that no one saw him as a difference maker, he clearly was on the run to the Superbowl. Sadly he was a difference maker with his legs which doesn't last long in the NFL. There is a laundry list of dudes that blew up the league one year only to be cut a year or two later when teams adjusted and they still didn't know how to read a defense and make the proper throws. He just happened to be the latest that played in a 49er uniform and has a cult following that thinks he would be starting in the NFL today if not for off the field issues.

We're not likely to agree here but the proof is in the pudding. When is the last time a team cut a quality starting quarterback and even if they did that no other team in the league snatched them up immediately? That shows that he clearly wasn't the guy and his career was trending down.

Yes, Kap never got picked up due to his skills. had nothing to do with his protest...

LOL
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Personally, I don't like Commie Black Nationalists. They are just as despicable to me as White Nationalists.

I liked Kap when he kept his divisive views off the field and just played football.

Yes, Kap never got picked up due to his skills. had nothing to do with his protest...

LOL
What Kap did three years ago is now mainstream for the virtue-signaling athletes in America. LeBron James took what Kap did and dialed it up to 11. So if Kap actually had the talent to play football he'd already be on a team. Especially since mobile QBs are all the rage again.

But no one has any use for a QB whose main talents are throwing the ball hard and running in a straight line.

Kap would be an excellent QB for victory formations though, since he's so good at kneeling.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 3, 2021 at 1:09 PM ]
This thread is about TREY LANCE. Let's not hijack it, kiddies. An aware moderator will suspend you. Time to grow up.
All this hype before 1st preseason game. You love to see it!! I never been so excited for a preseason game before!
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
This thread is about TREY LANCE. Let's not hijack it, kiddies. An aware moderator will suspend you. Time to grow up.

Comparing Trey to Kap doesn't take away from this thread.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Aug 3, 2021 at 1:13 PM ]

The only comparison is they're both mobile with big arms imo
If I never heard Kaepernicks name mentioned here or anywhere else ever again, It'll be too soon.

I would hope fans of Trey would put him at a higher standard than being the next Kap
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 3, 2021 at 1:19 PM ]

Indeed. All comparisons are welcome. Just keep calm.

Indeed. All comparisons are welcome. Just keep calm.

LMAO
Originally posted by illinois9er:

The only comparison is they're both mobile with big arms imo

size?
team?
Intelligence?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2020/02/27/inside-quirky-iq-test-nfl-combine/4872048002/
Share 49ersWebzone