LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
As far as playing style I think Kyle Murray has more in common with Kap than Lance does. Murray in his career so far has been more of a run 1st guy and still hasn't fully developed his passing game.
Originally posted by random49er:
Indeed. All comparisons are welcome. Just keep calm.
I'd prefer Steve McNair comparisons. If Trey was Baby McNair, we'd all be ecstatic. Just hope he stays away from those crazy hoes and only date famous chicks.
Athletes who date or marry poor women they grew up around usually end up in a world of hurt. Be like Fred Warner and Jimmy G (j/k) and go for the famous or semi-famous girls with money.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I'd prefer Steve McNair comparisons. If Trey was Baby McNair, we'd all be ecstatic.

I like that comparison too, but honestly Lance is more athletic than McNair ever was. We'll see if Lance can be as prolific of a passer though.
Trey Lance is one of one. No comparison. Reminds me of several QBs...but he is 1 of 1.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure Haberman and Middlekauff were at today's practice.

Will be interesting to hear their take on Lance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the McNair comparison is a good one.
Originally posted by KiwiM:
I'm pretty sure Haberman and Middlekauff were at today's practice.

Will be interesting to hear their take on Lance.

100% agree. Easily my favorite spot to hear anything 49ers.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Because Jimmy is handsomer
Originally posted by Waterbear:

and the starting QB

Akash is a clown
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'd prefer Steve McNair comparisons. If Trey was Baby McNair, we'd all be ecstatic.

I like that comparison too, but honestly Lance is more athletic than McNair ever was. We'll see if Lance can be as prolific of a passer though.

I think McNair was very athletic when he was younger.... have you seen some of his college tape... you probably remember the older McNair who was full of 40 ounces and crown royal by then.... lol anyway... trey is going to take this league by storm Go Niners
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Aug 3, 2021 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

and the starting QB

Originally posted by swaccmac1:

I think McNair was very athletic when he was younger.... have you seen some of his college tape... you probably remember the older McNair who was full of 40 ounces and crown royal by then.... lol anyway... trey is going to take this league by storm Go Niners

True he was. 6-3 225 and not quite as fast as Lance though. Steve ran about 4.70 flat.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by swaccmac1:

True he was. 6-3 225 and not quite as fast as Lance though. Steve ran about 4.70 flat.

1994 quality youtube .... but you get the picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hO3TFMkvec
Share 49ersWebzone