Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He looks the part.

i predict this guy is going to be the week one starter.

i gotta see him play at least a couple preseason games to go that far

F* Pre-season a bunch of vanilla reps against 2nd teamers, without Shanny's gameplanning?

I started to believe when I heard the work ethic and savant statements, I have no problem with people wanting and needing proof, I don't see why others won't allow people to have faith.

oh so going against your 2nd team defense in practice is more of an indicator that he's ready. lmao

You clearly have reading difficulties, I'm done, I've seen enough, read enough and heard enough to know that I'm all in.

I saw enough to know that he was talented after about 5 mins watching him in college, I read enough about his work ethic and saw how hard he worked on his mechanics in the off-season. I then heard enough about his football IQ being savant like.

weird
I hate how the media keeps bringing up how no team has gone to the SB with a rookie QB. The reason for that is because most starting rookie QB's are top 10 picks and they were top picks because the team that drafted them were not very good. We only got a top 10 pick because of injuries and trading up from 12 to 3. The Jags and Jets are not going to the SB this season but it's not going to be because they have a rookie QB starting. It's going to be because they lack in alot of other areas. Put Mahomes on the Jags or Jets in 2021 and they are still not going to the SB. Put Lawrence or Zach Wilson on the Chiefs and can you say yeah they have no chance at going back to the SB because they are a rookie?
And one of them has a big ass turtle.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
The only comparison is they're both mobile with big arms imo
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I hate how the media keeps bringing up how no team has gone to the SB with a rookie QB. The reason for that is because most starting rookie QB's are top 10 picks and they were top picks because the team that drafted them were not very good. We only got a top 10 pick because of injuries and trading up from 12 to 3. The Jags and Jets are not going to the SB this season but it's not going to be because they have a rookie QB starting. It's going to be because they lack in alot of other areas. Put Mahomes on the Jags or Jets in 2021 and they are still not going to the SB. Put Lawrence or Zach Wilson on the Chiefs and can you say yeah they have no chance at going back to the SB because they are a rookie?

I agree with this, however I'm not certain whether our chances of getting there goes up or down with Trey.

I'm not saying he won't have any issues, just that I trust him to work through them. I think Trey may get to the point where he no longer plays like a rookie, during his rookie year.

What I am extremely confident in though, is that if we give Trey that exposure as a rookie, our chances of winning the Superbowl next year would go through the roof.
To anyone that has criticized some of his wobbly passes:

"Nobody's thrown more wobbly touchdowns than me, ok? The spiral is overrated." - Peyton Manning

Spirals makes for better accuracy and makes it easier to catch, especially on the run, because you can track it better.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
He looks the part.

i predict this guy is going to be the week one starter.

i gotta see him play at least a couple preseason games to go that far

F* Pre-season a bunch of vanilla reps against 2nd teamers, without Shanny's gameplanning?

I started to believe when I heard the work ethic and savant statements, I have no problem with people wanting and needing proof, I don't see why others won't allow people to have faith.

oh so going against your 2nd team defense in practice is more of an indicator that he's ready. lmao

You clearly have reading difficulties, I'm done, I've seen enough, read enough and heard enough to know that I'm all in.

I saw enough to know that he was talented after about 5 mins watching him in college, I read enough about his work ethic and saw how hard he worked on his mechanics in the off-season. I then heard enough about his football IQ being savant like.

And yet that really means little until you play against an NFL defense in an NFL game.

We are all optimistic yet not making judgments until we enter the reality of space-time continuum.
Spirals makes for better accuracy and makes it easier to catch, especially on the run, because you can track it better.

Tell that to Peyton. If the ball gets to where it needs to go and on time, then the aesthetics don't matter.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 3, 2021 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Because Jimmy is handsomer
and the starting QB

no not much longer.. but Rome wasn't built in a day

playing is building…

Jimmy knows all about wobbly throws

Originally posted by Crown:
And yet that really means little until you play against an NFL defense in an NFL game.

We are all optimistic yet not making judgments until we enter the reality of space-time continuum.

So people will only judge Lance vs NFL defenses yet don't want to see him play this yr…well that's gonna be hard to do.

SF felt strong enough to burn yrs of 1sts without him playing vs NFL defenses. Kinda how it works when you draft someone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

trey learnin from the best
Another key is that in this day, you need a qb with mobility that can deliver all over the field. Trey gives you that range. Jimmy does not.

Tom Brady would like a word with you.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Just curious, what would you all do with Lance this year?

Im in the camp of starting Jimmy early as we have two road games and then a big Sunday night game against Green Bay. Sprinkle in some Lance read option plays in the red zone and some 3rd downs to keep the defense guessing.

If Jimmy is struggling in those games, then make the move to Lance. If not then keep Jimmy starting and have Lance come in for specific plays and situations
[ Edited by Shifty on Aug 3, 2021 at 7:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone