LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Huh? Dude had full read progressions at NDSU. There's film of him looking off safeties and going past his 1st read. He wasn't running a straight up pistol offense.

You are the cap guy right?

no, that's AB.

It's pronounced cap god
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Huh? Dude had full read progressions at NDSU. There's film of him looking off safeties and going past his 1st read. He wasn't running a straight up pistol offense.

no, that's AB.

It's pronounced cap god

Kap*

no, that's AB.

It's pronounced cap god

Kap*

Cape

Originally posted by Goatie:

no, that's AB.

It's pronounced cap god

Kap*

Cape

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Shifty:
Just curious, what would you all do with Lance this year?

Im in the camp of starting Jimmy early as we have two road games and then a big Sunday night game against Green Bay. Sprinkle in some Lance read option plays in the red zone and some 3rd downs to keep the defense guessing.

If Jimmy is struggling in those games, then make the move to Lance. If not then keep Jimmy starting and have Lance come in for specific plays and situations

If Lance looks ready, I don't see the point in waiting.

I hope Jimmy G balls out, but if he struggles in the first 3-5 games and Lance is looking great in practice I wouldn't mind him bringing him in to start, but not in the middle of a game. I rather him get a full week of practice to prep for the upcoming game to start.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Just curious, what would you all do with Lance this year?

Im in the camp of starting Jimmy early as we have two road games and then a big Sunday night game against Green Bay. Sprinkle in some Lance read option plays in the red zone and some 3rd downs to keep the defense guessing.

If Jimmy is struggling in those games, then make the move to Lance. If not then keep Jimmy starting and have Lance come in for specific plays and situations

If Lance looks ready, I don't see the point in waiting.

I hope Jimmy G balls out, but if he struggles in the first 3-5 games and Lance is looking great in practice I wouldn't mind him bringing him in to start, but not in the middle of a game. I rather him get a full week of practice to prep for the upcoming game to start.

I think I can say with confidence that Trey will approach every game as if he's the starter. He'll be ready.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
May the best man win.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

capers basketball player

nice
Originally posted by 4ML:
Trey Lance is one of one. No comparison. Reminds me of several QBs...but he is 1 of 1.

I still say he's Cam Newton but more accurate
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Trey Lance is one of one. No comparison. Reminds me of several QBs...but he is 1 of 1.

Good comparison, guapo - I think he's Steve McNair 2.0.

Originally posted by mayo49:

I like yours Mayo I think it's a good mix of them. Except Trey is the only one that's going to win not 1 but 2 SBs in the next 6 years. You can make book on that missy
Originally posted by mayo49:

Meh. I hope he's better than both of those guys.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Another key is that in this day, you need a qb with mobility that can deliver all over the field. Trey gives you that range. Jimmy does not.

Tom Brady would like a word with you.

Tom Brady Is the exception. . Besides, why not take advantage of all these new rules with a mobile QB?. Look how many soft calls, Wilson and Murray get In their favour.

I agree with the soft calls. We need to take advantage of the NFL protecting the QBs like they are

Steve young talked about this…there's free yards out there in today's football. Qbs can get 2-3 extra 1st downs a game with your feet. 11 on 11 football and you get to dictate coverages, especially on 3rd downs.

toss in the ability to extend plays and play inside the pocket still? Yeah who the hell doesn't want that…
Even Trevor Lawrence is struggling at camp. Threw three picks. Why isn't Lance struggling like the other rookie QBs?
Steve young talked about this…there's free yards out there in today's football. Qbs can get 2-3 extra 1st downs a game with your feet. 11 on 11 football and you get to dictate coverages, especially on 3rd downs.

toss in the ability to extend plays and play inside the pocket still? Yeah who the hell doesn't want that…

Steve was 30+ years ahead of his time. He would've absolutely shredded defenses today.. with the rule changes and the wide open nature of offenses. I still maintain that Steve is the most accurate scrambling QB of all time.
Share 49ersWebzone