LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
People criticize Lance for the weak competition in college. Today he is shredding second string defense. Will the narrative change if he begins torching first string defenses?
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
People criticize Lance for the weak competition in college. Today he is shredding second string defense. Will the narrative change if he begins torching first string defenses?

are you kidding me? anything short of an MVP / SB and people will still complain. just look at how Alex was treated around here by some. once some people fall in love with a QB, there's no talking reason to them anymore.

some are still in denial about us wanting to upgrade the QB spot. they think we either never called those teams for vet QBs, or we went with Lance bc we wanted a healthy backup.
National media talking heads are trying to pump the brakes on Lance. But the guys who've been here have been the people raving… from the trolls like Cohn to the team-guys like Maiocco. Peter King, Silver, Breer… some of them are starting to share what they're seeing.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
National media talking heads are trying to pump the brakes on Lance. But the guys who've been here have been the people raving… from the trolls like Cohn to the team-guys like Maiocco. Peter King, Silver, Breer… some of them are starting to share what they're seeing.

Sounds good, can't wait to see him play. I always assumed he would sit at least half the season. If he's THAT good that Kyle feels he must start him any sooner... is a great problem to have.

We should hope JG BALLS out 3-5 games and then we get a nice haul in a trade. Then just keep winning with Trey as he learns and improves.
Trey starting after the bye week? I've never been more pumped for pre-season!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Sounds good, can't wait to see him play. I always assumed he would sit at least half the season. If he's THAT good that Kyle feels he must start him any sooner... is a great problem to have.

We should hope JG BALLS out 3-5 games and then we get a nice haul in a trade. Then just keep winning with Trey as he learns and improves.

To me it's more likely Jimmy is cut, traded, or restructured in the next four weeks. I think the job is Trey's now, just not officially yet.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by KiwiM:

Hmmm

Matt Maiocco has never been a hype or click reporter.

He is notorious for being boring and objective in his reporting.

The fact he can't contain himself is very telling.

*that is not the post I quoted wtf...original post said media was hype over trey lance

yeah very telling if it's coming from Maiocco. Looking forward to Saturday

Saturday is practice no?
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by KiwiM:

Hmmm

Matt Maiocco has never been a hype or click reporter.

He is notorious for being boring and objective in his reporting.

The fact he can't contain himself is very telling.

*that is not the post I quoted wtf...original post said media was hype over trey lance

yeah very telling if it's coming from Maiocco. Looking forward to Saturday

Saturday is practice no?

Saturday practice is on Levi's field instead of the practice facility

1 week from Saturday is preseason game #1
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude I don't care what anyone says McDaniels cracks me up.

Why does he remind me of logic lol

Not gonna lie this is hyping me up! Maiocco's never been a sugar coater.

I feel like Jimmy's leash is going to be so short, all he has to do is throw 1 interception for Lance era to begin.
#Day1Starter
Share 49ersWebzone