LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kyle will give Jimmy half the season to prove he can lead the team. If he can't - he'll give the reigns to the kid.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 4, 2021 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
Ummmmm he's not going to be on the bench. You don't sit a prodigy after he knows the playbook.

That may be true but what I said was not wrong. If Trey is game 1 starter, than its obviously because he earned it. Nothing wrong with him sitting and learning from the bench this season either.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
That may be true but what I said was not wrong. If Trey is game 1 starter, than its obviously because he earned it. Nothing wrong with him sitting and learning from the bench this season either.

If he sits this year, that's a lot of sitting / minimal amount of meaningful football over the two years prior to Sept. 2022.
I still say give him the Steve Young treatment and ride the bench. Unless Garoppolo is costing us games.
It's going to be insanely hard to even consider keeping this kid on the bench and I am not even mad!
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I still say give him the Steve Young treatment and ride the bench. Unless Garoppolo is costing us games.

Trade him
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Trade him

We could get 4 first round picks for him I bet
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 4, 2021 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Trade him

They're trying to believe me. They are pumping Jimmy to the moon. I live in N. Indiana and was at the Colts practice today. They're a dumpster fire at qb.
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
saw this on twitter haha

Lances body has changed quite a bit in the last few months. He is looking much more defined and has lost some "baby" fat.
Its kind of a true meme.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Love it. Although, to be fair, it's not like Maiocco would've seen great rookie QB play at all in his tenure covering the team

They're trying to believe me. They are pumping Jimmy to the moon. I live in N. Indiana and was at the Colts practice today. They're a dumpster fire at qb.

At 5-12 weeks for CW, I imagine Colts fans aren't happy. They probably aren't shocked by a CW injury, though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:

At 5-12 weeks for CW, I imagine Colts fans aren't happy. They probably aren't shocked by a CW injury, though.

Cheaper for them to trade for Foles than to try to get Jimmy.
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
People criticize Lance for the weak competition in college.
Anyone that wants to die on that hill let me know and I will be more than happy to have that debate.

Ya. Feel bad for them. My 14 year old is a huge Colts fan and it sucks. Guess that they are thinking Eason to be the starter but it wasn't pretty. Quick slants in the dirt,short,behind. 4 qb's switched off during 11 on 11's and they couldn't do anything in the air. Reich was frustrated. They were all throwing punts at 40 yards in front of me. They need Foles or some other starter quality qb….cough Jimmy cough.

Ya. Feel bad for them. My 14 year old is a huge Colts fan and it sucks. Guess that they are thinking Eason to be the starter but it wasn't pretty. Quick slants in the dirt,short,behind. 4 qb's switched off during 11 on 11's and they couldn't do anything in the air. Reich was frustrated. They were all throwing punts at 40 yards in front of me. They need Foles or some other starter quality qb….cough Jimmy cough.
Saints need a QB bad, and it's not due to injuries
Share 49ersWebzone