There are 203 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trey needs to step it up. That last practice was ugly. I know it's too early to start calling him a bust but he needs to get it together. The fact that he can't beat out a mediocre QB like Jimmy is just sad. They gave up 3 first round picks for this kid to be a backup? If he's not rookie of the year and MVP by year 2 then I think he's a failure. If this last practice is any indication of what is to come we are all in for a rude awakening. Please do better Trey!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
By nearly every account I've read or heard on the radio Trey is way more talented than Jimmy. They say it really isn't close. It's just a matter of time before Kyle feels comfortable with his knowledge of the playbook before he takes over. That's when we'll find out how he reacts to the pressure of being the starter. It's different than just coming in for a play here and there. At this point, Jimmy is still the starter.

No doubt Trey Lance is more talent, but until I see how he does in a real NFL game, I don't buy too much into what the media says, for now at least. I mean, if Lance shows he's the real deal by week 3 of the Preseason, then I'd say trade Jimmy and go with Lance, Sudfeld and Rosen as your QB's, we've seen worst and the main thing is we don't see Sudfeld or Rosen in the regular season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Trey needs to step it up. That last practice was ugly. I know it's too early to start calling him a bust but he needs to get it together. The fact that he can't beat out a mediocre QB like Jimmy is just sad. They gave up 3 first round picks for this kid to be a backup? If he's not rookie of the year and MVP by year 2 then I think he's a failure. If this last practice is any indication of what is to come we are all in for a rude awakening. Please do better Trey!

Relax man, rookie mistakes will happen, Jimmy has been in this system for what four years now of course he's gonna have better days than Lance.
A bad practice and the dude is a bust? Jeebus. Look, he is going to take some time to get it all together. That's the nature of learning and growing. It will be okay.

Those fumbles weren't Trey's fault. The qb was supposed to keep the ball on those plays but the rb clamped too hard.
Originally posted by fropwns:
A bad practice and the dude is a bust? Jeebus. Look, he is going to take some time to get it all together. That's the nature of learning and growing. It will be okay.

I think he was being sarcastic. The Trey needing to win ROY and MVP by year 2 was a clue.
Struggling??? A rookie in his first camp is making a veteran look pedestrian. One player using the word generational. Let this play out

What? Lol. The kids isnt going to look like a Peyton Manning right away.. hes a ROOKIE in his 1st camp, and for the 1st time going against pro competition. Get it together man.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Relax man, rookie mistakes will happen, Jimmy has been in this system for what four years now of course he's gonna have better days than Lance.

Originally posted by fropwns:

Originally posted by socal1632:
Those fumbles weren't Trey's fault. The qb was supposed to keep the ball on those plays but the rb clamped too hard.

Originally posted by BMoore56:
What? Lol. The kids isnt going to look like a Peyton Manning right away.. hes a ROOKIE in his 1st camp, and for the 1st time going against pro competition. Get it together man.

Trolled

WTF?????????????????Trey's talent and performance so far are the talk of the NFL with respect to rookies. Are you 16?????????He's making Jimmy look like a good career backup, already. Let this play out. Appears that we just got really lucky. A Super Bowl team getting a football prodigy in the draft😆😆😆🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Calm down, people - s**t.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
God. I can't wait for the season to start so there is actually something yo talk about. 'Oh , Lance already knows the offense better than anyone on the team '. 'Oh, Lance is going to win Rookie of the year'. 'Oh, Lance is going to win the Super Bowl this year'. ' Oh , Lance is going find the cure for cancer '. 'Oh , Lance is going to win the Nobel Prize'. Geez, it just never ends. How about if actually plays a couple of games first.

Bet you are like one of those ppl who wait for the game to be over before you get off your seat to cheer for the team. Yea, I have seen ppl like this at Candlestick and Levis.
can't delete my post?
[ Edited by endcapitalism on Aug 7, 2021 at 11:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone