There are 241 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No doubt Trey Lance is more talent, but until I see how he does in a real NFL game, I don't buy too much into what the media says, for now at least. I mean, if Lance shows he's the real deal by week 3 of the Preseason, then I'd say trade Jimmy and go with Lance, Sudfeld and Rosen as your QB's, we've seen worst and the main thing is we don't see Sudfeld or Rosen in the regular season.

Ho s**t my braddah Kolohe?! You've been a staunch Jimmy supporter, what happen?

I still am. I just wanna see Trey Lance get it there. I mean we're hearing all these great things about Lance, so why not just trade Jimmy and get some picks or a decent CB in return.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Aug 7, 2021 at 6:20 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Relax man, rookie mistakes will happen, Jimmy has been in this system for what four years now of course he's gonna have better days than Lance.

Originally posted by fropwns:
A bad practice and the dude is a bust? Jeebus. Look, he is going to take some time to get it all together. That's the nature of learning and growing. It will be okay.

Originally posted by socal1632:
Those fumbles weren't Trey's fault. The qb was supposed to keep the ball on those plays but the rb clamped too hard.

Originally posted by BMoore56:
What? Lol. The kids isnt going to look like a Peyton Manning right away.. hes a ROOKIE in his 1st camp, and for the 1st time going against pro competition. Get it together man.

Trolled

Originally posted by Sickaa:
No doubt about It. I believe he would have been traded by now had the Niners received a decent offer for him. I just hope Kyle doesn't go conservative and not allow Lance a fare opportunity to compete with Jimmy for the starting QB position come week 1

Not sure if it was true but I read that they were only offered a 6th round pick for him. f**k that, I'd rather try to get him to restructure to a more reasonable deal and keep him if that's all we can get.

edit: Found the article, it's in no.3 what's the deal

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/06/kurtenbach-three-reasons-why-trading-jimmy-garoppolo-doesnt-make-sense-for-the-49ers/amp/

Yeah, I'd hope to receive more than a 6th for him, but at this point, I'd be surprised If the Niners received anything more than a 5th for him, especially since he's Only played one full season throughout his entire career thus far.

Imo We would need Jimmy G to Improve upon his 2019 campaign If we're to find a trade partner willing to offer us a 2nd or 3rd pick for him In 2022. Health Is definitely wealth right now though, for JG.
No doubt about It. I believe he would have been traded by now had the Niners received a decent offer for him. I just hope Kyle doesn't go conservative and not allow Lance a fare opportunity to compete with Jimmy for the starting QB position come week 1

Not sure if it was true but I read that they were only offered a 6th round pick for him. f**k that, I'd rather try to get him to restructure to a more reasonable deal and keep him if that's all we can get.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/06/kurtenbach-three-reasons-why-trading-jimmy-garoppolo-doesnt-make-sense-for-the-49ers/amp/

Yeah, I'd hope to receive more than a 6th for him, but at this point, I'd be surprised If the Niners received anything more than a 5th for him, especially since he's Only played one full season throughout his entire career thus far.

Imo We would need Jimmy G to Improve upon his 2019 campaign If we're to find a trade partner willing to offer us a 2nd or 3rd pick for him In 2022. Health Is definitely wealth right now though, for JG.

Dude has to be worth what we got for Smith, doesn't he?
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

No. He's an injury prone version of 2012 Alex Smith. It's unlikely anyone will give us higher than a conditional 2nd. His ridiculous salary also makes it difficult to trade him unless we agree to pay a lot of it.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 7, 2021 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by socal1632:
3 months ago on radio Kyle said he was pissed that the Rams got Stafford. He wanted him.Have a feeling we'll cave and ditch him for whatever before the season

Woo, we need your opinion on this.

Kyle didn't want him because nothing was offered. Kyle chose Jimmy and Lance. Did I do that right in a nutshell?

You left out a Sam Darnold question.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

No. He's an injury prone version of 2012 Alex Smith. It's unlikely anyone will give us higher than a conditional 2nd. His ridiculous salary also makes it difficult to trade him unless we agree to pay a lot of it.

Unfortunately, this Is true.

Alex Smif. Yep, we're stuck. Captain double clutch n' short
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Trey, go!

go Trey! he is making strides, going to be fun to watch Shanny put packages together for him every week... can see TL have 2 or 3 play scripts once per game to start and see how it goes, and to put him in situationaly where his legs can put the defense in a serious bind like critical 3rd and mediums

The Niners jumped the gun a little when they gave Jimmy that contract. Of course, they didn't know he was going to have all the injuries. Thankfully it allows the team to get out of it rather easily.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The Niners jumped the gun a little when they gave Jimmy that contract. Of course, they didn't know he was going to have all the injuries. Thankfully it allows the team to get out of it rather easily.

Yeah, the F.O has made some questionable decisions when It comes to handing out contracts..Arik, Ford and JG come to mind. Let's hope they've learned from past mistakes.

Yeah, the F.O has made some questionable decisions when It comes to handing out contracts..Arik, Ford and JG come to mind. Let's hope they've learned from past mistakes.

I don't see the Garoppolo contract as a mistake. It is highly escapable. And even with hindsight it's fine. If you want players to sign contracts, they have to be in line with the market.
Originally posted by English:

I don't see the Garoppolo contract as a mistake. It is highly escapable. And even with hindsight it's fine. If you want players to sign contracts, they have to be in line with the market.

Yeah, that's a good point. The Ford and Arik contract's are mind boggling though..
Share 49ersWebzone