Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
No doubt about It. I believe he would have been traded by now had the Niners received a decent offer for him. I just hope Kyle doesn't go conservative and not allow Lance a fare opportunity to compete with Jimmy for the starting QB position come week 1

Not sure if it was true but I read that they were only offered a 6th round pick for him. f**k that, I'd rather try to get him to restructure to a more reasonable deal and keep him if that's all we can get.

edit: Found the article, it's in no.3 what's the deal

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/06/kurtenbach-three-reasons-why-trading-jimmy-garoppolo-doesnt-make-sense-for-the-49ers/amp/

Yeah, I'd hope to receive more than a 6th for him, but at this point, I'd be surprised If the Niners received anything more than a 5th for him, especially since he's Only played one full season throughout his entire career thus far.

Imo We would need Jimmy G to Improve upon his 2019 campaign If we're to find a trade partner willing to offer us a 2nd or 3rd pick for him In 2022. Health Is definitely wealth right now though, for JG.

Dude has to be worth what we got for Smith, doesn't he?

No. He's an injury prone version of 2012 Alex Smith. It's unlikely anyone will give us higher than a conditional 2nd. His ridiculous salary also makes it difficult to trade him unless we agree to pay a lot of it.

Unfortunately, this Is true.

The Niners jumped the gun a little when they gave Jimmy that contract. Of course, they didn't know he was going to have all the injuries. Thankfully it allows the team to get out of it rather easily.

Yeah, the F.O has made some questionable decisions when It comes to handing out contracts..Arik, Ford and JG come to mind. Let's hope they've learned from past mistakes.

I don't see the Garoppolo contract as a mistake. It is highly escapable. And even with hindsight it's fine. If you want players to sign contracts, they have to be in line with the market.

Yeah, that's a good point. The Ford and Arik contract's are mind boggling though..

AA yes. But not Ford. We just traded a 2nd round pick for him. What are we gonna do, let him walk in FA? He was a top 10 DE at the time, you have to pay the price. No way did they know his knee and back would turn out this badly.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by English:
No doubt about It. I believe he would have been traded by now had the Niners received a decent offer for him. I just hope Kyle doesn't go conservative and not allow Lance a fare opportunity to compete with Jimmy for the starting QB position come week 1

Not sure if it was true but I read that they were only offered a 6th round pick for him. f**k that, I'd rather try to get him to restructure to a more reasonable deal and keep him if that's all we can get.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/06/kurtenbach-three-reasons-why-trading-jimmy-garoppolo-doesnt-make-sense-for-the-49ers/amp/

Yeah, I'd hope to receive more than a 6th for him, but at this point, I'd be surprised If the Niners received anything more than a 5th for him, especially since he's Only played one full season throughout his entire career thus far.

Imo We would need Jimmy G to Improve upon his 2019 campaign If we're to find a trade partner willing to offer us a 2nd or 3rd pick for him In 2022. Health Is definitely wealth right now though, for JG.

No. He's an injury prone version of 2012 Alex Smith. It's unlikely anyone will give us higher than a conditional 2nd. His ridiculous salary also makes it difficult to trade him unless we agree to pay a lot of it.

The Niners jumped the gun a little when they gave Jimmy that contract. Of course, they didn't know he was going to have all the injuries. Thankfully it allows the team to get out of it rather easily.

Yeah, the F.O has made some questionable decisions when It comes to handing out contracts..Arik, Ford and JG come to mind. Let's hope they've learned from past mistakes.

I don't see the Garoppolo contract as a mistake. It is highly escapable. And even with hindsight it's fine. If you want players to sign contracts, they have to be in line with the market.

Yeah, that's a good point. The Ford and Arik contract's are mind boggling though..

AA yes. But not Ford. We just traded a 2nd round pick for him. What are we gonna do, let him walk in FA? He was a top 10 DE at the time, you have to pay the price. No way did they know his knee and back would turn out this badly.

During 2019 Is when It was reported he had serious knee Problems, then of course, he missed a number of games due to Injury. I believe at the point of signing that Huge Contract, the whole world knew he had health Issues. With that being said, I fully understand why they traded for him and hopefully we see a healthy Ford this year. 🤞
Holy crap Chris Simms is beyond moronic. I just saw a short clip of him on some hack's YouTube show that seems pretty recent and still insists he would've taken Jones all day long. He actually used that phrase and still doesn't "buy them drafting Lance." Said all these other teams didn't rate him any higher than 11 or 12 on their boards so the Niners should've just stayed put and would've still been there at 12. What a giant crock of s**t. Wow he must be really stupid to not understand the kind of manipulation techniques FOs use during draft season. He's an actual s**t for brains especially when you know full well he's seen and heard a lot of the media reports coming out of TC about Lance.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 8, 2021 at 9:49 AM ]

Are you saying Lance should pay him to start
Originally posted by English:

At the time, Ford's contract seemed really reasonable.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Holy crap Chris Simms is beyond moronic. I just saw a short clip of him on some hack's YouTube show that seems pretty recent and still insists he would've taken Jones all day long. He actually used that phrase and still doesn't "buy them drafting Lance." Said all these other teams didn't rate him any higher than 11 or 12 on their boards so the Niners should've just stayed put and would've still been there at 12. What a giant crock of s**t. Wow he must be really stupid to not understand the kind of manipulation techniques FOs use during draft season. He's an actual s**t for brains especially when you know full well he's seen and heard a lot of the media reports coming out of TC about Lance.

If he didn't go to Atlanta at #4 he wouldn't have gotten passed #9 at the latest and that's if another team didn't trade up for him.

He is setting himself up to look like a fool when it comes to both Lance and Fields. And remember he also had Wilson ranked higher than Lawrence and Wilslon looks horrible so far.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

😂
Originally posted by JTB1974:
He is setting himself up to look like a fool when it comes to both Lance and Fields. And remember he also had Wilson ranked higher than Lawrence and Wilslon looks horrible so far.

Lawrence isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either, Etienne already had to defend the guy
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

😂

Ha.. My bad... every little helps though.

Lulz. If they would've let Jimmy walk in 2018, the entire NFL world would've absolutely DESTROYED the 49ers. FYI 2019 doesn't happen without Jimmy
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 8, 2021 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Feel kind of bad for both those guys. Drafted onto dumpster 🔥. Tenuous situation. Wilson is going to throw 100 picks this year
Hi all! Great to be here! I grew up in the East Bay, and do remember the Walsh and Seifert years. I was at the great playoff win at Candlestick over the Saints in 2012 (granddaddy's Xmas gift!). I've been an avid fan since the resurgence under Harbaugh, suffered from increasing despondency since that 4th qtr debacle when they opened Levi's against the Bears, and am thrilled that Shanahan has developed a contender again! I'm quite excited how things look. I know, knock wood and training camp is 'just' training camp, etc., but the buzz over Trey is not borne out of baseless optimism. His mindset surely means he won't be another Kaepernick (the fall from grace, specifically), let alone a Ryan Leaf. His diverse and impressive skillset is real, and when he is playing in games that matter against 1st string defenses, he'll have this, seemingly, terrific OL with him, not to mention the YAC brothers are quite seasoned now!

I like what these guys are saying in this video, regarding hyperbole and what is actually tangible out there. I came across them amid specific searching (forgive me if this was posted elsewhere on WZ):

https://youtu.be/jjBD6j1s2uI

Go Niners! James
Originally posted by Spartan:
Hi all! Great to be here! I grew up in the East Bay, and do remember the Walsh and Seifert years. I was at the great playoff win at Candlestick over the Saints in 2012 (granddaddy's Xmas gift!). I've been an avid fan since the resurgence under Harbaugh, suffered from increasing despondency since that 4th qtr debacle when they opened Levi's against the Bears, and am thrilled that Shanahan has developed a contender again! I'm quite excited how things look. I know, knock wood and training camp is 'just' training camp, etc., but the buzz over Trey is not borne out of baseless optimism. His mindset surely means he won't be another Kaepernick (the fall from grace, specifically), let alone a Ryan Leaf. His diverse and impressive skillset is real, and when he is playing in games that matter against 1st string defenses, he'll have this, seemingly, terrific OL with him, not to mention the YAC brothers are quite seasoned now!

I like what these guys are saying in this video, regarding hyperbole and what is actually tangible out there. I came across them amid specific searching (forgive me if this was posted elsewhere on WZ):

Go Niners! James

Welcome James!

Originally posted by Spartan:

Go Niners! James

Welcome aboard
Share 49ersWebzone