There are 235 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
I like when people throw up the 'every team has to deal with injuries' like losing your QB for 10+ games is the same as a team being without a guard.

If any other team in the West lost their QB, they'd have the #1 pick in the draft.

Uhmmmm,...but every team does have to deal with injuries, though?

Injuries don't suddenly make you the better team the following year and if anything, your players can alot of times be different players after them.

You don't get to magically erase 2020,....otherwise, we all would agree to doing so. But it just doesn't happen that way.

You do know that the initial comment was that the division is easily still ours, right? Clearly,...that statement just isint backed up by reality. We have to go out there and take it because it's very competitive.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by random49er:
You must have erased something to believe what you saw last year is our team before and now lol

who knows, but maybe if we don't fumble late in the 4th qtr against the hawks and win.. we walk away with best div record

If ifs and buts were candy & nuts. The division isin't ours. It's Seattle's. They won it last.

Saying it's still ours is just false. Remember what you claimed....you're really into facts and stuff more than anything.

We look forward to reclaiming it this year.
Lol, now you fully digress at what was said. Typical ran dom

Just holding you to your own pronounced standard.
Let's a make bet on this.

I will bet you that we won't be last in our division this year

Wow. The bravery. As usual you are bait and switching. I just cleared up the falsehood you promoted,...suggesting it's some cakewalk for us this year but without recent data that suggests such. Now that that's clear,...carry on.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Because teams don't switch Qbs Mid-season unless the team Is struggling to win games.. I just don't see Lance starting a game this season If JG Is week 1 starter. Unless JG gets Injured or struggles. I'd love to see Lance as the starter, but, I think Kyle will go with the Safer option and give JG another chance to prove himself.

If that's the case. We wait ain't winning the division. Sorry, but I think Jimmy is an average Qb in the toughest division in football.
[ Edited by BeatWriter on Aug 12, 2021 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Guise, we made it!!!

"Excited to go out and compete with this locker room of guys," Lance said, via 49ersWebZone.com.

Too bad he isn't super excited like he is for most things.

Super cool
Originally posted by BeatWriter:
Because teams don't switch Qbs Mid-season unless the team Is struggling to win games.. I just don't see Lance starting a game this season If JG Is week 1 starter. Unless JG gets Injured or struggles. I'd love to see Lance as the starter, but, I think Kyle will go with the Safer option and give JG another chance to prove himself.

If that's the case. We wait ain't winning the division. Sorry, but I think Jimmy is an average Qb in the toughest division in football.

I agree with BeatWriter. Miami was in contention last season and they switched QBs. But that's not the point either. Each of these situations are unique. Since the FO spent their future on Lance, they need him to succeed. They can win now with the incumbent starter, so there is no rush. I doubt Jimmy remains healthy but I don't think that will be a 49er problem. I still think Jimmy is cut or traded before the season. However, recent reports and speculation have been arguing that the Niners will eat a few weeks of Jimmy's salary looking for offers if needed. I doubt they keep him on the season throughout, but if they do, it'll signal that Shanahan and Lynch are primarily focused on making the playoffs, not necessarily winning a SB.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree with BeatWriter. Miami was in contention last season and they switched QBs. But that's not the point either. Each of these situations are unique. Since the FO spent their future on Lance, they need him to succeed. They can win now with the incumbent starter, so there is no rush. I doubt Jimmy remains healthy but I don't think that will be a 49er problem. I still think Jimmy is cut or traded before the season. However, recent reports and speculation have been arguing that the Niners will eat a few weeks of Jimmy's salary looking for offers if needed. I doubt they keep him on the season throughout, but if they do, it'll signal that Shanahan and Lynch are primarily focused on making the playoffs, not necessarily winning a SB.

If they keep him past week 1, they have to pay him all of his salary for 2021.

I've heard otherwise. Anyone know for sure?
You must have erased something to believe what you saw last year is our team before and now lol

who knows, but maybe if we don't fumble late in the 4th qtr against the hawks and win.. we walk away with best div record

If ifs and buts were candy & nuts. The division isin't ours. It's Seattle's. They won it last.

Saying it's still ours is just false. Remember what you claimed....you're really into facts and stuff more than anything.

We look forward to reclaiming it this year.
Lol, now you fully digress at what was said. Typical ran dom

Just holding you to your own pronounced standard.
Let's a make bet on this.

I will bet you that we won't be last in our division this year

Wow. The bravery. As usual you are bait and switching. I just cleared up the falsehood you promoted,...suggesting it's some cakewalk for us this year but without recent data that suggests such. Now that that's clear,...carry on.
again..The Argument was against the claim that we are the inferior team in our division.

Don't back pedal now. make the bet

not even the contract sites can confirm this..If cut or traded after 6/1 it's a 2.8 dead cap hit

he has no guarantees after his 2.8 DC hit.. I assume it's a week to week thing then?

not even the contract sites can confirm this..If cut or traded after 6/1 it's a 2.8 dead cap hit

he has no guarantees after his 2.8 DC hit.. I assume it's a week to week thing then?

It's a crucial detail, because it either means the Niners have motivation to move him before Week 1 or they don't.

It's a crucial detail, because it either means the Niners have motivation to move him before Week 1 or they don't.
i would think this would be a huge story to keep an eye on, but it's not ?

i would think this would be a huge story to keep an eye on, but it's not ?

According to AB81:

again..The Argument was against the claim that we are the inferior team in our division.

1) We're not inferior

2) We don't "own" the division as of now.

As a truther,... You should appreciate the corrections.

NOW,... if there are predictions about the future you want to make instead of discussing the present,...then make them in a separate post without trying to deceptively blur them together as 1 argument.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 12, 2021 at 9:30 AM ]

I disagree with that to some extent. I'm not a big fan of Jimmy either, but I believe the Niners are more than capable of winning the division regardless of who's the starting QB. I could see this season being similar to 2019, only with a different outcome.

As for Jimmy being cut, there's absolutely no need In cutting him, It's not like we need any cap space right now. I doubt he gets traded either this season since no team has really shown any Interest.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Aug 12, 2021 at 9:30 AM ]

1) We're not inferior

2) We don't "own" the division as of now.

As a truther,... You should appreciate the corrections. If there are predictions about the future instead of discussing the present,... Make them in a separate post without trying to blur them together as 1 argument.
Thanks for proving me as correct

as for No2, you are arguing with yourself on that one.
Share 49ersWebzone