Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If they keep him past week 1, they have to pay him all of his salary for 2021.

I've heard otherwise. Anyone know for sure?
not even the contract sites can confirm this..If cut or traded after 6/1 it's a 2.8 dead cap hit

he has no guarantees after his 2.8 DC hit.. I assume it's a week to week thing then?

It's a crucial detail, because it either means the Niners have motivation to move him before Week 1 or they don't.
i would think this would be a huge story to keep an eye on, but it's not ?

According to AB81:

How much of his salary is base salary?

$24.1 milion
If they keep him past week 1, they have to pay him all of his salary for 2021.

I've heard otherwise. Anyone know for sure?
not even the contract sites can confirm this..If cut or traded after 6/1 it's a 2.8 dead cap hit

he has no guarantees after his 2.8 DC hit.. I assume it's a week to week thing then?

It's a crucial detail, because it either means the Niners have motivation to move him before Week 1 or they don't.
i would think this would be a huge story to keep an eye on, but it's not ?

According to AB81:

How much of his salary is base salary?

If you're talking about Jimmy, I've asked AB and if he's on the week 1 roster the majority of his contract is GTD (his base salary is $24.1M)
Originally posted by random49er:
We were 6-10 because we played most of the season without our starting QB and most impactful defender, not because we were a bad team, which is why I bring up the divisional records. Did you not see an injured 4-12 2018 team win the division in 2019, or did you just become a fan?

I had no idea we were the only team that has to account for injuries. I also had no idea that there's a rule where the same injuries cant plague us this year.

Why we were 6-10 or why Seattle was 12-4 is largely irrelevant with regards to what the OP said.

Did I just become a fan? We won the division in 2019,...and in the previous 3 years it was:

Rams (2018)
Rams (2017)
Seahawks (2016)

Adding in the Seahawks won it in 2020 as well,...that'd put us 3rd in line still. Whether or not I just became a fan in 2019 as if we owned it before kills this silly position even moreso. 2019 isin't the only year of existence in football.

I made the same point over and over regarding Jimmy going into the season. And that's hey,...how bout we speak the truth about what's really going on with our team before grand proclamations? In this year's context,...that means 1st recognizing that we dont "still own" the division due to one season that is 2 years removed, and that the division is very competitive.

After those two things you can then of course give your 16-1 prediction.

How many NFC West teams were without their QB, the all time greatest TE of all time and a top 3 DE?
if the 49ers had Jimmy and Kittle for 16 games last year, the Niners are AT LEAST a 9-7 wildcard team. Injuries killed our season 2 of the last 3 years
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 12, 2021 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

The 9 that started week 1:

Burrow
Murray
Darnold
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Luck
RG3
Cam

Three of the four who didn't start in week 1 have won a playoff game (75%).
Three of the nine who did start in week 1 have won a playoff game (33%).

Two of the four who didn't start in week 1 have received (or will likely receive) a 2nd contract from the team that drafted them (50%).
Four of the eight* who did start in week 1 have received (or will likely receive) a 2nd contract from the team that drafted them (50%)

*Not including Burrow, too early to say.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
again..The Argument was against the claim that we are the inferior team in our division.

Don't back pedal now. make the bet

1) We're not inferior

2) We don't "own" the division as of now.

As a truther,... You should appreciate the corrections. If there are predictions about the future instead of discussing the present,... Make them in a separate post without trying to blur them together as 1 argument.
Thanks for proving me as correct

as for No2, you are arguing with yourself on that one.

Just give it a rest 49ATT. You said we were the top dog in the division, which until proven, is categorically false. If you want to say thats where we end up, that is a different argument all together. You have a problem of posting something and claiming you meant something else.

We have a great team, but play in a great division. Why cant we leave it at that?
hey if you want in on the bet, lets go

You missed the point again. Shocker.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I like when people throw up the 'every team has to deal with injuries' like losing your QB for 10+ games is the same as a team being without a guard.

If any other team in the West lost their QB, they'd have the #1 pick in the draft.

Uhmmmm,...but every team does have to deal with injuries, though?

Injuries don't suddenly make you the better team the following year and if anything, your players can alot of times be different players after them.

You don't get to magically erase 2020,....otherwise, we all would agree to doing so. But it just doesn't happen that way.

You do know that the initial comment was that the division is easily still ours, right? Clearly,...that statement just isint backed up by reality. We have to go out there and take it because it's very competitive.

The team wins 12 regular season games last year if healthy.

The 49ers are the frontrunners.

You left out Super Bowl champs if healthy
again..The Argument was against the claim that we are the inferior team in our division.

Don't back pedal now. make the bet

1) We're not inferior

2) We don't "own" the division as of now.

As a truther,... You should appreciate the corrections. If there are predictions about the future instead of discussing the present,... Make them in a separate post without trying to blur them together as 1 argument.
Thanks for proving me as correct

as for No2, you are arguing with yourself on that one.

Just give it a rest 49ATT. You said we were the top dog in the division, which until proven, is categorically false. If you want to say thats where we end up, that is a different argument all together. You have a problem of posting something and claiming you meant something else.

We have a great team, but play in a great division. Why cant we leave it at that?
hey if you want in on the bet, lets go

You missed the point again. Shocker.
do you even know what the claim i'm calling BS on is lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 12, 2021 at 12:29 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Trey preseason action.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I like when people throw up the 'every team has to deal with injuries' like losing your QB for 10+ games is the same as a team being without a guard.

If any other team in the West lost their QB, they'd have the #1 pick in the draft.

Uhmmmm,...but every team does have to deal with injuries, though?

Injuries don't suddenly make you the better team the following year and if anything, your players can alot of times be different players after them.

You don't get to magically erase 2020,....otherwise, we all would agree to doing so. But it just doesn't happen that way.

You do know that the initial comment was that the division is easily still ours, right? Clearly,...that statement just isint backed up by reality. We have to go out there and take it because it's very competitive.

The team wins 12 regular season games last year if healthy.

The 49ers are the frontrunners.

You left out Super Bowl champs if healthy

Maybe, nobody will ever know unfortunately. Vegas sure isn't fooled. Was hoping niners would have some odds worth putting money down on. Instead they are NFC west frontrunners.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
If you're talking about Jimmy, I've asked AB and if he's on the week 1 roster the majority of his contract is GTD (his base salary is $24.1M)

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

The 9 that started week 1:

Burrow
Murray
Darnold
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Luck
RG3
Cam

Three of the four who didn't start in week 1 have won a playoff game (75%).
Three of the nine who did start in week 1 have won a playoff game (33%).

Two of the four who didn't start in week 1 have received (or will likely receive) a 2nd contract from the team that drafted them (50%).
Four of the eight* who did start in week 1 have received (or will likely receive) a 2nd contract from the team that drafted them (50%)

*Not including Burrow, too early to say.

Meh. It all depends on who the incumbent was. Most of those QBs walked into a shot QB situation.

We weren't forced to draft in the top 3. We chose to take advantage of an opportunity we most likely won't get because Kyle will always produce wins, even when we are "bad".

AND we STILL won 6 games while being in one of the worst situations ever. Kyle's team will never be selecting top 10.
Trey displaying a leadership aura, it seems, with the rookies.

Go Niners!
Can't wait to see this kid play!
Originally posted by Spartan:
Trey displaying a leadership aura, it seems, with the rookies.

Go Niners!

1. That's good to see.... Leadership from the QB.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Can't wait to see this kid play!

Same here... Hopefully week 1 too.
Share 49ersWebzone