There are 222 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm jacked - can't wait to see my boy Trey in action.

I thought you were Mayo.

However I also can't wait to see Trey. Fun when you have reason to be excited for the preseason.

everyone just stay healthy please and let's have ourselves a game!
Treyder Joe's (marketing opportunity)
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Treyder Joe's (marketing opportunity)

Trey bay
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Treyd Jimmy

Entrey for the evening
We should be able to check out that vaunted mobility immediately, as he plays behind the 2nd string OL. He will most likely have a series or two against the KC first team D.
3Knife
Today is the day. I hope to see what you guys have been creaming your pants over
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 14, 2021 at 10:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Today is the day. I hope to see what you guys have been creaming your pants over

Lol listen to yourself.
I don't expect Lance to come out and be an all-star, hoping for some positive plays and something to build off of with his 1st preseason game and live football action since Oct (and actually longer than that)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't expect Lance to come out and be an all-star, hoping for some positive plays and something to build off of with his 1st preseason game and live football action since Oct (and actually longer than that)

Sounds about right.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Sounds about right.

Just hope to see him move the team and get some first downs.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 14, 2021 at 11:12 AM ]
People need to curb their expectations. Once we bench Jimmy its over for his trade value, and its a move you cant undo.

They aren't going to give Trey the starting job until he's unquestionably ready. He's not starting week 1. Once live bullets start flying, and it turns out hes not quite ready for the speed of the game, our options are either to let him flounder and lose our chances at a SB run for his development, or sheepishly put Garoppolo back in and look like idiots for jumping the gun.

He will be eased in with play packages. Once we see enough in those scenarios to deem that hes our best QB, then Jimmy will be traded and he'll be made the starter.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Lol listen to yourself.

What? There are a lot of high expectations for Trey, some believe he should be the week 1 starter. Even if he doesn't look like Randall Cunningham out the gate, he at least should have a performance the will entertain the narrative surrounding him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
People need to curb their expectations. Once we bench Jimmy its over for his trade value, and its a move you cant undo.

They aren't going to give Trey the starting job until he's unquestionably ready. He's not starting week 1. Once live bullets start flying, and it turns out hes not quite ready for the speed of the game, our options are either to let him flounder and lose our chances at a SB run for his development, or sheepishly put Garoppolo back in and look like idiots for jumping the gun.

He will be eased in with play packages. Once we see enough in those scenarios to deem that hes our best QB, then Jimmy will be traded and he'll be made the starter.

Yeah, just got to be patient and let things play out.
Share 49ersWebzone