There are 202 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Today is the day. I hope to see what you guys have been creaming your pants over

Who did you prefer in the draft?

I think he still wanted us to trade our #1 away for Odell Beckham like he wanted us to do with the Bosa pick from the year before.

A lot of people wanted us to get OBJ or AB that offseason. Your point?
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:

Today is the day. I hope to see what you guys have been creaming your pants over

You must be absolutely blind. Anyhu, you'll see his athleticism but Shanny is giving him nothing out there. Making him play with 2nds soooooo. He needs out there getting reps

Well according to Shanny, Jimmy is only getting one series, and then it's the Trey show. So we should be able see him with starters and back ups plenty tonight.

lol at Gore trying to bait me into beating a dead horse. But whatever, I preferred every other QB option and Kyle Pitts over Trey, but if it were up to me I would've went with Zack Wilson, but since he wasn't realistic ,I would've went with Justin Fields

Kyle Pitts? You wanted a TE with 3 1st round picks? Interesting...

And why be so childish about it? I wanted Fields, but I'm still gonna root for Lance and I'm liking what we are seeing so far from him. It's weird that you rather want to be right that Lance will suck than actually hope that he's gonna be good.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:11 PM ]

You must be absolutely blind. Anyhu, you'll see his athleticism but Shanny is giving him nothing out there. Making him play with 2nds soooooo. He needs out there getting reps

Well according to Shanny, Jimmy is only getting one series, and then it's the Trey show. So we should be able see him with starters and back ups plenty tonight.

lol at Gore trying to bait me into beating a dead horse. But whatever, I preferred every other QB option and Kyle Pitts over Trey, but if it were up to me I would've went with Zack Wilson, but since he wasn't realistic ,I would've went with Justin Fields

And why be so childish about it? I wanted Fields, but I'm still gonna root for Lance and I'm liking what we are seeing so far from him. It's weird that you rather want to be right that Lance will suck than actually hope that he's gonna be good.
When did I EVER say this? From the moment Trey was drafted I admit I didn't like it, but said I would support and root for him to succeed. That doesn't mean I'm going to put him in the HOF like many other fans are. Imo until proven otherwise, Jimmy is the better option to lead this team. It's clear you're just trying to get a reaction from someone in your own fanbase, so you're going back on the mute list
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:17 PM ]
When did I EVER say this? From the moment Trey was drafted I said I would support and root for him to succeed. That doesn't mean I'm going to put him in the HOF like many other fans are. Imo until proven otherwise, Jimmy is the better option to lead this team. It's clear you're just trying to get a reaction from someone in your own fanbase, so you're going back on the mute list

Jimmy hadn't been mentioned in the last 2 pages. We were on a hot streak.

I want Jimmy to start too, but I'm not sabotaging any positive thoughts here about Lance like you apparently are.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:18 PM ]

When did I EVER say this? From the moment Trey was drafted I said I would support and root for him to succeed. That doesn't mean I'm going to put him in the HOF like many other fans are. Imo until proven otherwise, Jimmy is the better option to lead this team. It's clear you're just trying to get a reaction from someone in your own fanbase, so you're going back on the mute list

That's a weird way to support or root for a player. And this is definitely not the only post of yours trying to diminish Trey.

I want Jimmy to start too, but I'm not sabotaging any positive thoughts here about Lance like you apparently are.

wth are you talking about? The post you're replying to, I said "I hope to see what you guys have been creaming your pants over" in other words since you have problems comprehending sentences, "let see what he can do" how am I "sabotaging positive thoughts"
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:23 PM ]

you need to stop. do you really want to get blocked by AJ??? idk about you, but i'm not gonna get over this for at least a couple of months.
Originally posted by 16to87:
If Lance struggles ( don't think he will) I'll be looking for the "shoulda drafted Fields hot takes LOL

The Bears drafting and developing a star QB is something I'll believe when I see it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 16to87:
If Lance struggles ( don't think he will) I'll be looking for the "shoulda drafted Fields hot takes LOL

The Bears drafting and developing a star QB is something I'll believe when I see it.

He looked good today - I think he's the real deal.

Really hoping the o line will give trey time to work tonight… after watching multiple practices though I really don't think they will. Stay safe trey
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Really hoping the o line will give trey time to work tonight… after watching multiple practices though I really don't think they will. Stay safe trey

Just got to cross our fingers that he doesn't get rolled on or something.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

They'll give him to work on his pocket maneuvering and scrambles.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
1) Impossible standard

2) Who cares? Do you really think KS et. al. are sitting around worried about what other people may think of their decision(s)? Trey will play when the coaches feel he is ready, gives the team the best chance to win, etc. If they are wrong, so be it. Their bed has already been made. They can't return Trey and get their draft picks back.

As for Jimmy's trade value, someone posted an article a few weeks ago that said interest in Jimmy was lukewarm. That a 6th round pick is about all they could get for Jimmy. Now, I do not know whether that article had any merit, but Jimmy's trade value isn't going to be worth anything substantial unless he balls out this year, or another team suffers a major injury to their QB1--and can afford to take on Jimmy. Both of those scenarios are possible, but ultimately unlikely. Which is why I think Trey starts sooner, rather than later.

And your last sentence basically confirms Jimmy's lack of trade value. If, at some point during the season, Trey surpasses Jimmy, other NFL teams aren't going to look at Jimmy as some sort of savior. He will be a vet, who was just replaced by a kid who has only been allowed to purchase alcohol legally in CA for three months.

Being unquestionably ready means he understands the offense enough to run it effectively against NFL defenses. He isn't going to start before he displays that ability in the play packages they give him. Its not an impossible standard.

I think KS definitely cares if he flubs this decision and rest of the league sees. It makes you look really bad.

If Jimmy starts and plays well, his trade value will be much higher than if he can't even beat out a rookie for the starting job. If they give Lance the job week 1, Jimmy is just an insurance backup that will have little trade value.

Im not saying Lance doesn't take over a few weeks into the season, but he isn't going to be the starter week 1. It just makes no sense to do it that way. You don't make that move until you need to. Start with Jimmy, see how well he plays, mix in Lance to get his feet wet and let him see the speed of the game, and then decide behind closed doors when you want to transition him to starter so you can maybe try and get something for Garoppolo.

I really don't think the Niners are itching to trade Jimmy anyways. Having him AND Lance is fantastic insurance for the 2021 season. Lance is learning from Jimmy, and both are pushing eachother.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Aug 14, 2021 at 2:46 PM ]
Hopefully fans have reasonable expectations for Trey today. He hasn't played a real game in over a year. I'm willing to bet his first drive gonna look a little ugly but he'll flash greatness.
Share 49ersWebzone