There are 214 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
hey guys do you like my throwing mechanics? lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Haha. Good one. The guy looks like what I imagine it would look like if Pettis was playing QB.
3Knife
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Dude look like he put himself in a keylock
Anyone read/listen to nbc bay area and maiocco's series "The Choice" about the Lance pick? Lynch essentially says that he and Shanahan didn't know who the other wanted at #3 until a few days before the draft.

Now, if Lance works out, all is forgiven. But I just need to point out how f**king insane it is to trade 2 future firsts without knowing for sure who to take.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Anyone read/listen to nbc bay area and maiocco's series "The Choice" about the Lance pick? Lynch essentially says that he and Shanahan didn't know who the other wanted at #3 until a few days before the draft.

Now, if Lance works out, all is forgiven. But I just need to point out how f**king insane it is to trade 2 future firsts without knowing for sure who to take.

Not really. It just really, really depends on who they had as the top 3 guys when you're picking @ #3. Supposedly Mac was one? Hopefully that's just an inside joke after giving up 3 picks for 1 rookie QB,...and we really have to have the other two names.

e.g.,...if it was Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields,....then as of now,...not so bad. But who were they?
...and just as I saw that Lawrence has a sack and a fumble on his 1st snap. But these guys will make mistakes and grow.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Being unquestionably ready means he understands the offense enough to run it effectively against NFL defenses. He isn't going to start before he displays that ability in the play packages they give him. Its not an impossible standard.

I think KS definitely cares if he flubs this decision and rest of the league sees. It makes you look really bad.

If Jimmy starts and plays well, his trade value will be much higher than if he can't even beat out a rookie for the starting job. If they give Lance the job week 1, Jimmy is just an insurance backup that will have little trade value.

Im not saying Lance doesn't take over a few weeks into the season, but he isn't going to be the starter week 1. It just makes no sense to do it that way. You don't make that move until you need to. Start with Jimmy, see how well he plays, mix in Lance to get his feet wet and let him see the speed of the game, and then decide behind closed doors when you want to transition him to starter so you can maybe try and get something for Garoppolo.

I really don't think the Niners are itching to trade Jimmy anyways. Having him AND Lance is fantastic insurance for the 2021 season. Lance is learning from Jimmy, and both are pushing eachother.

Unquestionably ready is an impossible standard, unless you want to start redefining what words mean. Which, you kinda did. Plenty of QBs, throughout history, have shown they understand their offense enough to run it effectively against NFL defenses. Hell, I bet Mullens did too. How did that work out?

If the idea is you put Trey out there and let him run a package here or there, so be it. But, then what you're saying is, "play Lance when he isn't unquestionably ready, until he is unquestionably ready." The same could be achieved by simply playing Lance full time. Both carry the same inherent risk.

Again, I doubt, very much, KS cares what other people think of his decisions.

I already stated Jimmy has little trade value, unless a select few, realistically unlikely scenarios, come to fruition. And you certainly aren't going to change Jimmy's market value after "a few weeks."

I agree re trading Jimmy. I don't think the 49ers want to trade Jimmy. But I believe it has everything to do with value, not with concern over Lance's ability to lead the team.

If you are comfortable with QB X, Y, and Z, then not being sure of who you are taking, while simultaneously being guaranteed one of the three will be available, isn't insane. Now, if they only wanted one or two of the three, then yes, it's a huge risk.

They knew who THEY wanted to take as individuals.

What they didn't know was who other people wanted to take.

That is intentional and prevents group think. Forces people to give an honest evaluation because they don't know who the boss favors.

It is a real thing and I'm glad they used it on this important decision.

This is oooold news by now. It's time to move on.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
IT'S GAME DAY MOTHERf**kER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 14, 2021 at 5:26 PM ]
so f**king hyped!!
TREY MOTHERFUKING AREA
LETS GO!!!
Share 49ersWebzone