LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Shanny seemed to deliberately call plays that put Trey in difficult situations for him to learn from. He could have easily call the game that would make Trey look like a GOAT from the start, but that wouldn't help his development.

kyle forgot to tell the oline to block and the wrs to catch

I think he's referring to the "empty backfield" type of plays, which seemed a little risky when you have an OL as bad as that protecting for you.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

I did think it was odd. There was a lot of drop back passes today.

Yeah there is no way Trey would ever go any game in the regular season without running the ball atleast once. This was obviously by design and Kyle in not so many words admitted that in the post game press. And I think it's for a couple of reasons. One being he already knows how to do all that at an elite level and two Kyle doesn't want anybody to see the run designs until the Lions 1st see it on Sep 12th. Even if he is not starting, He will be used in those packages.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Shanny seemed to deliberately call plays that put Trey in difficult situations for him to learn from. He could have easily call the game that would make Trey look like a GOAT from the start, but that wouldn't help his development.

kyle forgot to tell the oline to block and the wrs to catch

Hoping this won't shake treys confidence going forward, he definitely got shafted with the talent they put around him tonight. Would like to see him behind the starting offensive line for a quarter to see what he can do with the offense otherwise how can evaluate his play when he's getting sacked under 3 seconds
Maybe it's just me but as far as QBing I don't think Shanny wants him going outside of the offense unless he's has to or is designed to. As far as designed runs or say an occasional RPO there's absolutely no reason to showcase it right now.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 14, 2021 at 9:41 PM ]
Trey Lance the only 1st RD QB this year to throw a TD pass vs the 1st string defense so far
We are going to the Super Bowl with this guy.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

So much this.

*WR drops pass*
*OL wiffs on multiple blocks*

Niners fans: "Trey's not ready"

Said this before and I'll say it again.
Jimmy's starting week one but Lance will start at least 7 games and gives us the best chance to win at the end of the season.

Maybe, fans who think we should start Trey over Jimmy sooner than later are being inpatient and delusional. Let's give Trey some room to breathe and give Jimmy a chance he's not a bad quarterback
Originally posted by dj43:
Just giving him a lot of reps at something he did not do a lot of in college. Kyle used this game to test where Lance is in numerous areas. He didn't have him run because he knows he can do that. No need to waste reps there. This was really a practice game to work on things at game speed that they taught in practice.

He was actually under center a lot in college. More than the other top prospects.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

I did think it was odd. There was a lot of drop back passes today.

Yeah there is no way Trey would ever go any game in the regular season without running the ball atleast once. This was obviously by design and Kyle in not so many words admitted that in the post game press. And I think it's for a couple of reasons. One being he already knows how to do all that at an elite level and two Kyle doesn't want anybody to see the run designs until the Lions 1st see it on Sep 12th. Even if he is not starting, He will be used in those packages.

That TD play was a schemed play. For the most part that wasn't the Trey O.
We have no margin for error for injuries on the oline. Backups are garbage.🤢🤢🤢

I was happy to see a tight spiral come out of Trey when he hit Charlie Woerner for that big play out of their own end zone!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1426719872332017664
[ Edited by Spartan on Aug 14, 2021 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

So much this.

*WR drops pass*
*OL wiffs on multiple blocks*

Niners fans: "Trey's not ready"

Said this before and I'll say it again.
Jimmy's starting week one but Lance will start at least 7 games and gives us the best chance to win at the end of the season.

My thing is... here is every play QBs taken infront of him and after him threw today.

IMO Trey had the most impressive passes.. and I'm talking mainly of the ones that were dropped, not just the 80 yard TD. Those impressed me the most. The timing and accuracy.

Lots of ups and downs from the rooks today.

Edit- you can still click the link.
Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Justin Fields
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 14, 2021 at 10:26 PM ]
Saw a headline in the news feed from Sports Illustrated, not sure if it was Cohn or not but it seems typical of what we can expect from the media going forward. The headline said, 'with one pass Lance shows why he should be the starter'. If playing QB in the NFL was just about being able to throw the ball a long way Kaepernick would probably still be playing. But that isn't the way things work. Lance seems like he has a lot of upside but the fact remains that he has 17 games of experience in Divison II football. As I said in another post, Lance probably doesn't even know yet what he doesn't know about playing QB in the NFL. He has plenty of time to learn though if the team doesn't try to put him in before he's ready. Go Niners!
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Saw a headline in the news feed from Sports Illustrated, not sure if it was Cohn or not but it seems typical of what we can expect from the media going forward. The headline said, 'with one pass Lance shows why he should be the starter'. If playing QB in the NFL was just about being able to throw the ball a long way Kaepernick would probably still be playing. But that isn't the way things work. Lance seems like he has a lot of upside but the fact remains that he has 17 games of experience in Divison II football. As I said in another post, Lance probably doesn't even know yet what he doesn't know about playing QB in the NFL. He has plenty of time to learn though if the team doesn't try to put him in before he's ready. Go Niners!
Our fans down care about wins, it's all about style points
I'd like to see the kid play with the #1's with a reasonably clean pocket for a series or two.
Share 49ersWebzone