LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 162 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Favorite throw was the one James dropped.onnthw sideline. Hit him in the face mask on a rope. Can't recall the last qb we had that could.make that throw.
Originally posted by Antix:
Favorite throw was the one James dropped.onnthw sideline. Hit him in the face mask on a rope. Can't recall the last qb we had that could.make that throw.

ya that was an example of a great timing throw
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
The two out routes that were dropped (Cracraft and James) were two of the best throws I've seen from a 49ers QB in a long time. That type of arm strength and accuracy is elite. Obviously the deep TD throw was the "highlight" of the game, but those two out routes are money makers. Particularly the one to Cracraft, because it was from the hash to the opposite side of the field, outside the numbers. No DB in the league can cover that.
Jumping into the party late.. but I liked what I seen from lance last night! I know personally I got super hyped with all the reports coming out of training camp. In reality I think it's where he was coming out of college, limitless upside he's just raw and needs experience, ( probably further along than anyone thought.) Kyle said as much last night what he wanted to see from him.. that it wasn't 7vs7, that he needed to have the timing and feel of playing in a live game. Alas keeping jimmy and having him start the season with it only being a matter of time before trey takes over!
He looked good yesterday, would've had better numbers if it weren't for bad drops and the backup OLine playing like complete s**t.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by krizay:
1st half I posted how my biggest issue was his accuracy and thought he answered that question.

Then came the 2nd half.

During the process I also noticed that most of his runs were designed runs and not so much escaping pressure runs. Which was totally against what most here thought he offered.

After game 1 I'm exactly where I was before the draft but obviously see the potential in him. That said, even watching live I thought the 80 yarder should have went to Aiyuk. Obviously, it worked out for us. However, if he continues to pass up the open man and my guess the #1 option on the play wanting bigger plays it will not end well for us in tbe long haul.

Uh, you don't take that 5 yard check down to aiyuk there. Are you joking?

He has to be. Sherfield was wide open. Lol wtf.
5 yard check down? He was 15 down field running free if hit in stride easy 25 yards AT LEAST. Where as you come off of him and deep guy isn't open then what?

Do you understand how reading coverage works? Guarantee he knows he had aiyuk anytime he wanted him. Once he saw what the coverage was after the snap, he knew he had exactly what he wanted.

That is why this was such an impressive play: the elite arm and recognized the defense. Didn't take the "safe" dump off. That is what you drafted him to do
He played exactly how I expected. Flashed some great potential but has work to do.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's dope!

Let's not forget Rosen either. He looked happy as we can see in that photo.

lol but he stands nothing to lose if Lance is good. In fact, the better Lance is, the better his chances of being on the team this year. If Garoppolo gets traded they will bring him back as the 3rd string guy.
Thought his best throw was that dart to the sideline that James dropped. Stepped up when the pressure came and delivered an absolutely Perfect pass on a rope . Had a few really nice throws.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
5 yard check down? He was 15 down field running free if hit in stride easy 25 yards AT LEAST. Where as you come off of him and deep guy isn't open then what?

Do you understand how reading coverage works? Guarantee he knows he had aiyuk anytime he wanted him. Once he saw what the coverage was after the snap, he knew he had exactly what he wanted.

That is why this was such an impressive play: the elite arm and recognized the defense. Didn't take the "safe" dump off. That is what you drafted him to do

The play is literally designed to be a touchdown, and it was. Arguing that he should have checked down when the play worked as designed is ridiculous.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Yeah, I don't get this take at all. I felt on one of the almost INTs it was about learning what's open in the NFL and the other was due to mechanics more than anything. Other than that, I like what we saw. He was trying to throw guys open and it resulted in a few timing issues and the 4 drops didn't help at all. I'm encouraged by the kid.

Both his near ints came in the final 2 minutes of the first half too. I think he just got a bit antsy, and tried to force something to happen to put up some points.
Originally posted by Furlow:
The play is literally designed to be a touchdown, and it was. Arguing that he should have checked down when the play worked as designed is ridiculous.

Some of our fans just want to dink & dunk down the field. They'll need to adapt to the possibility of big plays
Originally posted by Furlow:

Some of our fans just want to dink & dunk down the field. They'll need to adapt to the possibility of big plays

long methodical drives arent a bad thing they make the O out of rhythm and tire out defenses and gives your D time to rest
Trey didn't miss a throw for the first one and a half quarters but the pressure got to him and made him look like Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Lynch and Shanny need to pull a rabbit out of their hat and get some help for the offensive line or both our QB's will get killed.
Share 49ersWebzone