LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
How did he get sacked 4 times? I've been told on here that one of the main reasons we mortgaged the future for this guy is so he could perform off script. Seems to me like he looked fine when the scripted stuff was there and absolutely shat down his leg when anything went wrong.
That was a great throw to Sherfield but like they said, that was 100% scripted and was there. If you take that away he is
4-13 for 48 yards with 4 sacks lol.

Why would you take that away, but not the 3 drops? Oh yeah because you love Mac Jones.

Anyone with any football nous whatsoever can see that he was instructed to stay in the pocket. Kyle was either trying to challenge him (more likely) or didn't want tape of his athleticism out there.

Like many have pointed out we've only seen it vs insurance salesman, Kyle probably doesn't want the league to know for sure that he can do it in the NFL.

Guys, and in particular Bama, first outline, first preseason, behind the 2nd string O line, with some 20-odd of the starters on the sideline. Maybe be a little more reasonable?
Originally posted by English:
How did he get sacked 4 times? I've been told on here that one of the main reasons we mortgaged the future for this guy is so he could perform off script. Seems to me like he looked fine when the scripted stuff was there and absolutely shat down his leg when anything went wrong.
That was a great throw to Sherfield but like they said, that was 100% scripted and was there. If you take that away he is

Why would you take that away, but not the 3 drops? Oh yeah because you love Mac Jones.

Anyone with any football nous whatsoever can see that he was instructed to stay in the pocket. Kyle was either trying to challenge him (more likely) or didn't want tape of his athleticism out there.

Like many have pointed out we've only seen it vs insurance salesman, Kyle probably doesn't want the league to know for sure that he can do it in the NFL.

Guys, and in particular Bama, first outline, first preseason, behind the 2nd string O line, with some 20-odd of the starters on the sideline. Maybe be a little more reasonable?

that profile picture, so good
A mixed bag. A couple of great throws. Two dropped INT. A fumble. A few sacks in which he wasn't able to use his legs to avoid them. And some inaccurate throws.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
A mixed bag. A couple of great throws. Two dropped INT. A fumble. A few sacks in which he wasn't able to use his legs to avoid them. And some inaccurate throws.

It's almost like he is a rookie who hasn't played in a year or something. Oh wait.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's almost like he is a rookie who hasn't played in a year or something. Oh wait.

It is what it is.

He will get better.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

But a lot of you guys claimed he was the savior, would put Jimmy on the bench and lead us to a Superbowl. Why the backpedaling all of a sudden?

This is what I hate about the offseason
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

It's a little early to do the Mahomes comparison, but it kinda looks like Trey is a different type of QB. Mahomes/Wilson look to play a bit looser and are more "free spirited" in that they don't mind going off schedule sooner than later. Whereas Trey seems to really want to execute within the confines of the offense unless everything absolutely breaks down. I don't think either way is better than the other, there's pros/cons to each approach. Given his style based on this performance, I would say Trey reminds me more of a young Steve Young than I thought he would, and that is pretty exciting.

This is spot on. If you were expecting Trey to be like Mahomes where he eludes defenders in the pocket, runs around, and creates on his own, that's not who Trey is. That's not who he was in college, and it's extremely unlikely he'll become that in the NFL. Trey is framework QB meaning that he will exhaust everything to execute the play the way it was drawn up. That's likely a huge reason why Kyle loved him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Come on Trey - rise up to the occasion and ball out this Sunday.
This is not NC's burner account.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by English:

that profile picture, so good

we can still see it

Originally posted by NCommand:

You have a knack for narratives.
Originally posted by random49er:

Stats from preseason games are worthless. Narratives that are created from stats from preseason game even more so.

LOL. Hey, I wasn't the one who said a mobile QB transcends a poor OL.
I absolutely love this design. Trey could actually throw it earlier, as the cut occurs but because his arm is so strong, he can wait an extra beat to ensure the WR beat the last S...from the opposite hash.

LOL. Hey, I wasn't the one who said a mobile QB transcends a poor OL.

Clueless fans expect him to be Deshaun Watson or Russ Wilson in his first preseason game, you know, 2 mobile QBs who always have putrid OL but somehow produce nice stats.
Share 49ersWebzone