LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
How I love reading people overreact after preseason games, how they get mad for some players and excited for others, having lots of fun reading all this clueless people
Trey wasn't good enough to unseat Jimmy, but he was good enough to earn first team reps. The QB competition should be open now.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by random49er:
This is not NC's burner account.

You have a knack for narratives.

LOL. Hey, I wasn't the one who said a mobile QB transcends a poor OL.

Russ Wilson has always had poor OL protection. .. besides, that wasn't poor OL play yesterday, more like no OL play
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Trey wasn't good enough to unseat Jimmy, but he was good enough to earn first team reps. The QB competition should be open now.

He has a lot to learn still but he also flashed some potential too. Thankfully for us Niners, we don't have to rush him unless Kyle believes he's ready for the big time.
Originally posted by genus49:
I was team Fields and happy to see him playing well but the few plays I caught of him early(was at a bday party) were just ok and a couple of near picks. Also his TD was to a WIDE open TE, like not a soul around wide open.

Absolutely no reason to compare. Trey's first drive was against most KC starters without our starting LT, C and All Pro TE, I think even Deebo was off the field by then.

The reason we drafted Lance over Fields from all accounts is his mind. Pretty stupid at this point to say the decision wasn't a wise one given his improvement since being drafted and clear talent.

Hear hear
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Russ Wilson has always had poor OL protection. .. besides, that wasn't poor OL play yesterday, more like no OL play

LMAO. Where have you been the last 13 years, bud? What's funny is you guys think our OL play was an anomaly last night...it's just different names, same results. That's literally just an average and standard day in any SF game. 4 sacks, numerous instant hits and pressures.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 15, 2021 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
How I love reading people overreact after preseason games, how they get mad for some players and excited for others, having lots of fun reading all this clueless people

I don't think anyone is overreacting. Has anyone called him a bust? If so, I must have missed it.I think posters are just stating what they saw and some are getting really defensive about it. This is the only NFL tape we have of him so far, so it makes sense that posters are discussing it. It was a mixed bag of great, good, and poor play.

LMAO. Where have you been the last 13 years, bud? What's funny is you guys think our OL play was an anomaly last night...it's just different names, same results. That's literally just an average and standard day in any SF game. 4 sacks, numerous instant hits and pressures.

I don't know about that. We've had some problems no doubt, but since they say games are won and lost In trenches and yet we still reached super bowl 2019.. could they have been that bad?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

I don't think anyone is overreacting. Has anyone called him a bust? If so, I must have missed it.I think posters are just stating what they saw and some are getting really defensive about it. This is the only NFL tape we have of him so far, so it makes sense that posters are discussing it. It was a mixed bag of great, good, and poor play.

Many are overreacting and I can especially name 1 poster saying he sees nothing special about Lance talking about his faults and other bs after 1 preseason game with a back up oline and wrs who have no business being on the field

I don't know about that. We've had some problems no doubt, but since they say games are won and lost In trenches and yet we still reached super bowl 2019.. could they have been that bad?

The pass protection in 2019 or even last year wasn't half as bad as what we saw with the second unit at times last night.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

The pass protection in 2019 or even last year wasn't half as bad as what we saw with the second unit at times last night.

Not even close. Yesterday was shockingly bad, especially when they're protecting our franchise QB.
Trey is playing with a neutered playbook... Shanny aint dumb he wants to give him time to get comfortable without running but best believe if he takes the helm theres going to be some silly designed runs which open up the passing game and there we will see why we drafted him where we did.

Given all the circumstances surrounding him not having played in forever i think he did ok. I think he needs first team reps asap. Wish Williams and Mack would show us what it would look like with Trey behind a functional line

Not even close. Yesterday was shockingly bad, especially when they're protecting our franchise QB.

LOL.

You two HAVE to be trolling for fun.

[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 15, 2021 at 2:07 PM ]
26th ranked pass blocking oh man

LOL.

You two HAVE to be trolling for fun.

No lol yesterday's Ol performance wasn't even close to perform at the same standards as 2019. Trey Is also a rookie throwing the ball to a bunch of meh receivers whilst playing against the Chiefs first stringers.. I don't see how it's remotely the same tbh.
Share 49ersWebzone