Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by random49er:
This is not NC's burner account.

You have a knack for narratives.

LOL. Hey, I wasn't the one who said a mobile QB transcends a poor OL.

Russ Wilson has always had poor OL protection. .. besides, that wasn't poor OL play yesterday, more like no OL play

LMAO. Where have you been the last 13 years, bud? What's funny is you guys think our OL play was an anomaly last night...it's just different names, same results. That's literally just an average and standard day in any SF game. 4 sacks, numerous instant hits and pressures.

I don't know about that. We've had some problems no doubt, but since they say games are won and lost In trenches and yet we still reached super bowl 2019.. could they have been that bad?

The pass protection in 2019 or even last year wasn't half as bad as what we saw with the second unit at times last night.

Not even close. Yesterday was shockingly bad, especially when they're protecting our franchise QB.

LOL.

You two HAVE to be trolling for fun.

No lol yesterday's Ol performance wasn't even close to perform at the same standards as 2019. Trey Is also a rookie throwing the ball to a bunch of meh receivers whilst playing against the Chiefs first stringers.. I don't see how it's remotely the same tbh.

This.
Well, the JimmyG cameo appearance was 3 for 3. We learned not much.

The Trey appearance had a terrific 80 yd TD pass (some 50 yds in air) and he completed 5 passes quickly. End of his almost 2 qtrs and he was 5 for 14 with three drops and some could argue that the 3rd one wasn't catchable. PFF Rating 49.9…with 4 sacks. Keep in mind all 4 QBs were playing without a 1st string C and LT, nor were Au Jus, Kittle, Deebo, etc). So what did the Trey fans learn? Not much, other than what we knew already. Big arm, really a cannon, and then he went cold. But how do you evaluate that with so many non first stringers in there? There were a few other players with lower rankings but 49.9 PFF isn't all that hot.

So again. What did we learn about Trey? Nothing more than we already knew. Or someone could say after starting off hot he really cooled off. He does throw a harder, faster ball than JG and some of those drops could be based on that. A Couple did seem John Elwayesque..he always threw way too hard, occasionally knocking a WR over. Trey didn't do that, but he didn't lite it up either. Thing is under the circumstances, nothing can be taken from last nite re: Trey, other that what we all knew. Same for JG.

it's PS.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 15, 2021 at 2:21 PM ]
No lol yesterday's Ol performance wasn't even close to perform at the same standards as 2019. Trey Is also a rookie throwing the ball to a bunch of meh receivers whilst playing against the Chiefs first stringers.. I don't see how it's remotely the same tbh.

It's not
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Clueless fans expect him to be Deshaun Watson or Russ Wilson in his first preseason game, you know, 2 mobile QBs who always have putrid OL but somehow produce nice stats.

Speaking specifically on Russell Wilson, I feel like he still gets too many free passes and not enough criticism for holding the ball too long and overrelying on scramble drills and just falling overly in love with the big play to the point where he struggles with routine plays and chain-movers (see last half of last season).
I absolutely love this design. Trey could actually throw it earlier, as the cut occurs but because his arm is so strong, he can wait an extra beat to ensure the WR beat the last S...from the opposite hash.

thats called having confidence in your arm baby
A couple of more games like yesterday and all the JG haters will be Trey haters. It is just a matter of time
Originally posted by Goatie:
A couple of more games like yesterday and all the JG haters will be Trey haters. It is just a matter of time

sick hot take

Of course you would say that lol
Originally posted by grapesofrathman:
Speaking specifically on Russell Wilson, I feel like he still gets too many free passes and not enough criticism for holding the ball too long and overrelying on scramble drills and just falling overly in love with the big play to the point where he struggles with routine plays and chain-movers (see last half of last season).

You would not be wrong about that criticism at all. We also have to consider he has always had good receivers and now he has elite receivers, and he still has periods where he plays poorly every single year. There's a reason he's never been the MVP. He has some very very good games and then he absolutely disappears five or six games every year. Inexcusable in my opinion. But then again that's why he deserves never to be MVP let alone get a single vote.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

sick hot take

I don't even know why people keep on saying that people will flip flop easily with a couple of games it doesn't really happen. What usually happens is when something bad happens the guys that don't like the player get louder. No switching of allegiances

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I absolutely love this design. Trey could actually throw it earlier, as the cut occurs but because his arm is so strong, he can wait an extra beat to ensure the WR beat the last S...from the opposite hash.

thats called having confidence in your arm baby

Besides that being a beautiful pass, I mainly learned that Sherfeld deserves a closer look.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 15, 2021 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Russ Wilson has always had poor OL protection. .. besides, that wasn't poor OL play yesterday, more like no OL play

LMAO. Where have you been the last 13 years, bud? What's funny is you guys think our OL play was an anomaly last night...it's just different names, same results. That's literally just an average and standard day in any SF game. 4 sacks, numerous instant hits and pressures.

I don't know about that. We've had some problems no doubt, but since they say games are won and lost In trenches and yet we still reached super bowl 2019.. could they have been that bad?

The pass protection in 2019 or even last year wasn't half as bad as what we saw with the second unit at times last night.

Not even close. Yesterday was shockingly bad, especially when they're protecting our franchise QB.

LOL.

Lol
Just Goes to show you who puts the blinders on and when.

also nice to see "some" common sense posts again after the first preseason game.. went from get rid of jimmy cause Trey can do the exact same things better then jimmy tooooo…. Well he's a rookie and he's got some work to do!!
lmafao!!
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

LOL.

Lol
Just Goes to show you who puts the blinders on and when.

also nice to see "some" common sense posts again after the first preseason game.. went from get rid of jimmy cause Trey can do the exact same things better then jimmy tooooo…. Well he's a rookie and he's got some work to do!!
lmafao!!

Yes, one being a 21 year old, and the other being nearly 30 with plenty of tape on who he is, is exactly the same thing.
So it took Trey Lance getting beat up for the fanbase to realize Jimmy Garoppolo wasn't the problem?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Besides that being a beautiful pass, I mainly learned that Sherfeld deserves a closer look.

He did well being physical getting out of traffic and then turn on the speed.
Share 49ersWebzone