LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
I absolutely love this design. Trey could actually throw it earlier, as the cut occurs but because his arm is so strong, he can wait an extra beat to ensure the WR beat the last S...from the opposite hash.

I'm sure this is so hard for Shanahan to not put Trey out there in plays that he knows he can succeed at like Bears did with Fields. Shanahan playing chess by teaching & abusing his pupil so it will be more helpful in the long run for the coach, player, team & franchise! Big props to Kyle on this move so far & excited to join in on the ride
Originally posted by genus49:
My man you're living up to your name if you think him hitting an 80 yard TD is bad…

We drafted him to hit those, not take the underneath stuff. You could have a point if he threw it up into a tight window where it's a 50/50 ball vs taking the sure completion.

A couple of his sacks was because he passed on the layups
Originally posted by Heroism:

This is the old high/ low—-front/back rammycackle. Trey was very fortunate he didn't get really hurt on this one.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yeah. Some nervous times watching him take some of those hits yesterday.

Without a doubt - very tough watching our franchise QB behind that OL. Hopefully, they protect him better versus the Chargers. I'll still be cringing until he's out of there.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 15, 2021 at 4:14 PM ]
I held my breath on this one. These high-low hits typically don't end well.

Yeah. Some nervous times watching him take some of those hits yesterday.

Kyle has to know what he has on the OL…but that comes with RISK…and here it was…fortunately, he was okay but when kyle goes thru the film with a microscope, this one is going to give him heartburn at least and an ulcer at worst. Also, Trey has got to learn more awareness of life and limb danger. Without that, his longevity as QB will end up being very short.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
The only time I see officials call those things on mobile QB's is in the open field on slides. They SEEM to be more fair game.

Agreed. Outside the pocket and moving, you ain't getting that launching call. That goes for basically every QB, it's not just bc it was a rookie. Mahomes got f**king mauled in the sb with several brutal hits that weren't called

True true!
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Imagine if this had happened to Mahones, no doubt we'd see a flag thrown.

Except it did in the SB

And man, Jimmy takes a direct shot to the face/head on a full steam ahead kill shot, instantly grabs for his head in pain and officials are like: ignore
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 15, 2021 at 4:18 PM ]

Except it did in the SB

And man, Jimmy takes a direct shot to the face/head on a full stream ahead kill shot, instantly grabs for his head in pain and officials are like: ignore

Oddly, both "shots" occurred against the same team. Hmmm….I'm still on record as saying Jimmy's head shot while on the ground and OOB…was intentional…an attempt to take him out. I don't think of Andy Reid that way but still….both shots had a bad look.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I absolutely love this design. Trey could actually throw it earlier, as the cut occurs but because his arm is so strong, he can wait an extra beat to ensure the WR beat the last S...from the opposite hash.

I'm sure this is so hard for Shanahan to not put Trey out there in plays that he knows he can succeed at like Bears did with Fields. Shanahan playing chess by teaching & abusing his pupil so it will be more helpful in the long run for the coach, player, team & franchise! Big props to Kyle on this move so far & excited to join in on the ride

No doubt.

I also wanted to highlight that TD play design. That was a play they rehearsed and practiced all week. That type of design is a "Here's a glimpse of my new toy, world!" play call.

Remember, the pre season isn't scripted. This play was scripted.

For those clamoring for him to start week 1 or 1Q, that's the kind of message directly from the HC to get excited about. He could have easily called that same exactly design with Garoppolo and Kittle again.

Kyle's speaking to ya'll. Are you listening?
Originally posted by krizay:
A couple of his sacks was because he passed on the layups

That is football. If your goal in a game is just to avoid sacks then any team in the league could go through the entire year allowing 0 sacks

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Except it did in the SB

And man, Jimmy takes a direct shot to the face/head on a full stream ahead kill shot, instantly grabs for his head in pain and officials are like: ignore

Oddly, both "shots" occurred against the same team. Hmmm….I'm still on record as saying Jimmy's head shot while on the ground and OOB…was intentional…an attempt to take him out. I don't think of Andy Reid that way but still….both shots had a bad look.

Yeah, both coming straight at the QB under control. They absolutely can dictate where and how they hit. It's not like the bend around the corner 6'3" Ahmad Brooks on a 5'4" Drew Brees scenario.

Except it did in the SB

Yeah, both coming straight at the QB under control. They absolutely can dictate where and how they hit. It's not like the bend around the corner 6'3" Ahmad Brooks on a 5'4" Drew Brees scenario.

On one hand I appreciate they weren't hitting him in his knees. But yeah… KC has always been a little dirty like Seattle.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Except it did in the SB

On one hand I appreciate they weren't hitting him in his knees. But yeah… KC has always been a little dirty like Seattle.

I fully agree.
As for the blitzing, I guarantee Kyle asked Reid/spags to blitz him. Preseason the coaches get together and talk about what they'd like to see
Not sure if this has been posted.

Share 49ersWebzone