LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by frenchmov:
As for the blitzing, I guarantee Kyle asked Reid/spags to blitz him. Preseason the coaches get together and talk about what they'd like to see

Unless something similar like this happened lol

Apparently, unbeknown to Harbaugh, he was supposed to call Payton before the preseason matchup as a coach-to-coach gesture. Harbaugh says he was unaware of it.

Payton took exception, and in retaliation, he violated another unwritten preseason rule of excessive blitzing. Payton decided to teach Harbaugh a lesson, and the Saints defenders came at 49ers QB Alex Smith hard.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
As for the blitzing, I guarantee Kyle asked Reid/spags to blitz him. Preseason the coaches get together and talk about what they'd like to see

Apparently, unbeknown to Harbaugh, he was supposed to call Payton before the preseason matchup as a coach-to-coach gesture. Harbaugh says he was unaware of it.

Payton took exception, and in retaliation, he violated another unwritten preseason rule of excessive blitzing. Payton decided to teach Harbaugh a lesson, and the Saints defenders came at 49ers QB Alex Smith hard.

I remember that lol I'm glad we got our revenge in the playoffs. f**k Payton
Originally posted by krizay:
Not sure if this has been posted.

Nick Mullens?
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I remember that lol I'm glad we got our revenge in the playoffs. f**k Payton

Yup, it was sweet revenge.

I hope Trey and Shanny can get their revenge too....in the SB

How about "Not sure if this had been posted" yet but did it say we only had one starter on defense playing and only a few on offense? With mostly a back up line against the Chiefs starters like Chris Jones Frank Clark and Matthieu? The other teams didn't have to deal with that but let's ignore that, that seems the way to do it. I love when people try and make me appointment with absolutely no contact whatsoever. Did the other quarterbacks also have 3 to 4 drops as well as sacked five times? That's what I thought
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 15, 2021 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I held my breath on this one. These high-low hits typically don't end well.

I don't get how that wasn't roughing. They both hit Trey late. The guy in the back is more inadvertent, but the guy in front launches himself into Trey after the ball has already left his hand.

I know. Dirty fking Chiefs. Never get penalized for roughing against the Niners.

Mac Jones 13 completed passes for 87 yards...no TDs.

loool...death by a thousand cuts.

Lance did more with 1 pass than Mac Jones did with 13 passes.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Mac Jones 13 completed passes for 87 yards...no TDs.

loool...death by a thousand cuts.

Lance did more with 1 pass than Mac Jones did with 13 passes.

Yeah Mac had some nice throws but he definitely was the least impressive out of the bunch.

Wilson impressed me a lot, as well as Fields. Lawrence looked the part but the oline gotta hold up during the season, he has some sweet weapons around him though.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
So it took Trey Lance getting beat up for the fanbase to realize Jimmy Garoppolo wasn't the problem?

Not anytime soon. All I saw last night was a rookie hazing from the coach. Still fairly confident that Trey will perform well with the starting unit.

Haha. That's great. Several, welcome-to-the-NFL moments indeed. That's a good thing because you KNOW he's already studying and learning from them.

1st off, he was damn lucky he didn' t end up on IR for the yr. 2nd, i hope he REALLY looks at this from all angles. ..where he was on the field, did he notice he was about to get hi/lowed, what would he do next time, similar situation….amongst others. Out of the pocket, he has to realize he has a huge bullseye on his back, knees, arms, head, etc. Also, if you are going to move your platform, for cripes sakes be thinking slide baby, slide. I don't think he even knew he was about to get mauled. And that is worrisome. Needs to spend a full nite or week looking at RW tapes…and escapes.

Originally posted by elguapo:

How about "Not sure if this had been posted" yet but did it say we only had one starter on defense playing and only a few on offense? With mostly a back up line against the Chiefs starters like Chris Jones Frank Clark and Matthieu? The other teams didn't have to deal with that but let's ignore that, that seems the way to do it. I love when people try and make me appointment with absolutely no contact whatsoever. Did the other quarterbacks also have 3 to 4 drops as well as sacked five times? That's what I thought

I just posted the tweet. I didn't come up with the grades.

All that said, heard for months how one guy in particular needed a perfect situation and Trey didn't. After one preseason game all I'm hearing is how Trey didn't have a perfect situation.

Doesn't mean a thing. Every team wants to see different things with their QBs, putting them in different situations. Its all vanilla offense and defense.

Coaches ask other coaches if they are on good terms with if they can do this or that to see how their players act and perform for teaching moments.

All that said, heard for months how one guy in particular needed a perfect situation and Trey didn't. After one preseason game all I'm hearing is how Trey didn't have a perfect situation.

Every worthy analysts has said Trey is in a perfect situation. Only the haters who got a pie in the face about who the niners would take and still fuming would say otherwise
Originally posted by WildBill:
Every worthy analysts has said Trey is in a perfect situation. Only the haters who got a pie in the face about who the niners would take and still fuming would say otherwise

Originally posted by WildBill:

He is on a great situation but Kyle didn't want him to be comfortable, preseason games for rookies are just for evaluation and learning. He wanted to put Trey on a difficult situation, with a very limited playbook, with many starters out, etc, etc. That's what preseason is for.
It was brilliant to give extensive snaps to every rookie. All of them came out with 20+ snaps with good and bad film, which they will use to study and improve. Kyle is very excited to watch those snaps with the team tomorrow and evaluate every detail.
Share 49ersWebzone