There are 481 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by TownNiner:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
There is also NO correlation between being a scrambling QB and being injured more often. None. People just use this as a way to justify their position. The fact is you are just as likely to be injured standing tall in the pocket and delivering a ball as you are running out of bounds or being tackled while scrambling.

Any danger of me being injured while watching on TV?

More people have died while watching an NFL game than have died playing in one. Food for thought.

But what about those fans who may not get to Sunday?
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Here's another. These plays are a bit worrisome because struggles to hit his hot vs blitzes also showed up in college. I highlighted a similar play at NDSU where he failed to look for his hot despite an obviously impending blitz. Hopefully, it's something he can figure out.

found it

Trey Lance was rarely under pressure, so this one is a bit alarming. UCA blitz 0. His hot is the shallow route coming from the right. Why is he looking to the opposite side? He drops his eyes under pressure and just flounders.

The unfortunate truth is our starter will miss open guys and absorb sacks as well.

Not a blitz in both cases but guys were open in both cases,....and this is without marching orders to stay put in the pocket.

They both are certainly not perfect, but then again I don't know what QB is.

Chris Jones!
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Perhaps you should check the injury reports over the years. Russell Wilson is the only one, son and even he's been beat to hell.

I can't tell if you are trolling or are ignorant on the subject. Either way, you are incorrect.

NCommand is not ignorant on any football topic. Bank it.

Lol

LMAO!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Right, I'm merely speaking from pure pass protection and not how just the threat of a run by a QB can help in that aspect; like a cerebral veteran QB with total control presnap can affect the defense.

Mobile QB's are just on the other side of the spectrum. Their issue is all the extra hits, lots of injuries, huge losses on sack yardage, relying on athleticism too much to where it inhibits their in-pocket development, late season burn outs and ineffectiveness, more on their plate (designed QB runs, RPO's, RO, etc.), OL doesn't know how and where to block for them, etc.

Obviously the most ideal is perfectly in between like Steve Young after countless years within the WCO. They don't have those long practices and time to develop like that anymore so it'll lean more towards the athletic side to help counter that. That's what the league is proving now.

How many times does this need to be posted and addressed before we stop seeing people post it? Mobile QBs do NOT get hurt more than pocket QBs. There is ZERO evidence that they get hurt more often. Please stop posting this like its a fact. It's crazy.

Perhaps you should check the injury reports over the years. Russell Wilson is the only one, son and even he's been beat to hell.

Sorry NC. You are dead wrong.

Name a mobile QB, Google "injury." I dare you. LOL
Right, I'm merely speaking from pure pass protection and not how just the threat of a run by a QB can help in that aspect; like a cerebral veteran QB with total control presnap can affect the defense.

Mobile QB's are just on the other side of the spectrum. Their issue is all the extra hits, lots of injuries, huge losses on sack yardage, relying on athleticism too much to where it inhibits their in-pocket development, late season burn outs and ineffectiveness, more on their plate (designed QB runs, RPO's, RO, etc.), OL doesn't know how and where to block for them, etc.

Obviously the most ideal is perfectly in between like Steve Young after countless years within the WCO. They don't have those long practices and time to develop like that anymore so it'll lean more towards the athletic side to help counter that. That's what the league is proving now.

How many times does this need to be posted and addressed before we stop seeing people post it? Mobile QBs do NOT get hurt more than pocket QBs. There is ZERO evidence that they get hurt more often. Please stop posting this like its a fact. It's crazy.

That isnt evidence. You could type in...oh lets see....Jimmy Garappolo injury, and come up with countless results too. If it was true that mobile QBs got hurt at a higher rate than non-mobile QBs, there would be studies, articles, etc. that prove that. But you wont be able to find those, because they dont exist.

Its a myth.
NCommand.....

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/new-study-quarterbacks-that-run-most-are-not-injured-most/

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/articles/season/2021/mobile-quarterbacks-and-injury-rates

https://www.theundroppables.com/medical-myths-mobile-qbs/

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/running-qbs-not-more-injury-prone-than-drop-back-qbs/2206637/

https://slate.com/culture/2013/02/quarterback-injuries-are-mobile-qbs-like-colin-kaepernick-more-injury-prone-than-pocket-passers.html

Would love to see the evidence you come up with to support your argument.
Originally posted by random49er:
Here's another. These plays are a bit worrisome because struggles to hit his hot vs blitzes also showed up in college. I highlighted a similar play at NDSU where he failed to look for his hot despite an obviously impending blitz. Hopefully, it's something he can figure out.

found it

Trey Lance was rarely under pressure, so this one is a bit alarming. UCA blitz 0. His hot is the shallow route coming from the right. Why is he looking to the opposite side? He drops his eyes under pressure and just flounders.

The unfortunate truth is our starter will miss open guys and absorb sacks as well.

Not a blitz in both cases but guys were open in both cases,....and this is without marching orders to stay put in the pocket.

They both are certainly not perfect, but then again I don't know what QB is.

Chris Jones!

DID we not all ONCE agreed that Lance is more of a runner than a scrambler ??

That isnt evidence. You could type in...oh lets see....Jimmy Garappolo injury, and come up with countless results too. If it was true that mobile QBs got hurt at a higher rate than non-mobile QBs, there would be studies, articles, etc. that prove that. But you wont be able to find those, because they dont exist.

Its a myth.

Mobile QB's are newer to the NFL with a smaller sample size. In due time. But every single one has been injured. Only Russell Wilson hasn't missed a game even with an MCL injury outside the pocket.

A classic drop back QB will most likely get injured in the pocket. A mobile QB will most likely get injured outside the pocket...but they can also get injured inside it like a drop back QB can (Kyler Murray).

That's the difference. The longer they hold the ball around more bodies, including their own players, the probability goes up to get injured. And over 17 games?

Obviously there are different ranges of mobility too and how they're used. Of course Lamar Jackson is going to get injured. There are others who are mobile to stay within the pocket as much as possible (Mahomes).

But Jimmy doesn't care about any of that. He'll get injured in the A gap (ankle x2), on a roll out (shoulder) and flushed out (ACL).
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 16, 2021 at 7:32 PM ]

Its a myth.

Mobile QB's are newer to the NFL with a smaller sample size. In due time. But every single one has been injured. Only Russell Wilson hasn't missed a game even with an MCL injury outside the pocket.

A classic drop back QB will most likely get injured in the pocket. A mobile QB will most likely get injured outside the pocket...but they can also get injured inside it like a drop back QB can (Kyler Murray).

That's the difference. The longer they hold the ball around more bodies, including their own players, the probability goes up to get injured. And over 17 games?

Obviously there are different ranges of mobility too and how they're used. Of course Lamar Jackson is going to get injured. There are others who are mobile to stay within the pocket as much as possible (Mahomes).

But Jimmy doesn't care about any of that. He'll get injured in the A gap (ankle x2), on a roll out (shoulder) and flushed out (ACL).

Didnt read. Please see my next post to you, thx. (#10269)
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Aug 16, 2021 at 7:33 PM ]
NCommand.....

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/new-study-quarterbacks-that-run-most-are-not-injured-most/

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/articles/season/2021/mobile-quarterbacks-and-injury-rates

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/running-qbs-not-more-injury-prone-than-drop-back-qbs/2206637/

https://slate.com/culture/2013/02/quarterback-injuries-are-mobile-qbs-like-colin-kaepernick-more-injury-prone-than-pocket-passers.html

Appreciate the references SWH.

NCommand.....

Appreciate the references SWH.

I hate to be rude to you NC, because you generally are very knowledgeable....so sorry if it came off that way. But you are way off base with this opinion that you are presenting as fact. There is zero evidence that mobile QBs get hurt more (there is actually evidence to the contrary).

Cheers.

From your first reference:

In other words, one cannot predict from observed data that a signal-caller like 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson is more prone to injuries simply because he runs more than other NFL passers.

Sure you can. He's literally injured every year.
I hate to be rude to you NC, because you generally are very knowledgeable....so sorry if it came off that way. But you are way off base with this opinion that you are presenting as fact. There is zero evidence that mobile QBs get hurt more (there is actually evidence to the contrary).

Cheers.

It's all good. Your name alone is the greatest name in the zone. Right or wrong, and I could be dead wrong here, let's just pray that Trey stays healthy. I don't really care about the rest.

In other words, one cannot predict from observed data that a signal-caller like 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson is more prone to injuries simply because he runs more than other NFL passers.

The statistical evidence is right there in the links for you sir. I cant make you believe it.

The statistical evidence is right there in the links for you sir. I cant make you believe it.

Haha. You can lead the horse to the water but you can't make him drink.
Share 49ersWebzone