There are 153 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
If we go undefeated & win the sb with James garoppolo what happens??

Treyed Lance

I saw what you did there
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Then hopefully some team will give us a 2nd round pick for him.

Lol right? Trade him for a first. Literally zero chance Jimmy comes back with his contract. If Jimmy wins the Super Bowl maybe we get our picks back from the Trey Lance trade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lance looked pretty much like what you would expect from a one year starter from the FCS. We saw the arm talent, we saw the ability to throw down the field, we also saw a guy who looked considerably unpolished and with a lot of work ahead of him. Playing on a stacked team, in a run first offense against heavyweights like James Madison in the FCS doesn't exactly prepare you for NFL defenses.

He's a work in progress. The worst thing the 49ers could do is to throw him out there, let him get his ass kicked and start seeing ghosts out on the field. I think you have to ease him in packages that will help boost his confidence and make him feel more comfortable as he slowly adapts to the speed of the NFL game while you have a steady veteran in Garoppolo to hold things down.

Considering how much the team invested in Lance, it would be a mistake to try to rush him out there. You didn't trade up for him just for the next season but for the next 15, thus I'm hoping they stick with the long term approach in mind, letting him develop at his own pace.

Exactly. We tried that whole throw them to the wolves thing back in 2005 and it didn't exactly pan out. Let's do it right this time.
Trey won't get any significant playing time for at least another season, barring injury. It's clear from Kyle's comments, camp reports and from what we say the other day.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Trey won't get any significant playing time for at least another season, barring injury. It's clear from Kyle's comments, camp reports and from what we say the other day.

That's literally not true at all.

He'll most likely get a few reps each game, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at It.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Then hopefully some team will give us a 2nd round pick for him.

Lol right? Trade him for a first. Literally zero chance Jimmy comes back with his contract. If Jimmy wins the Super Bowl maybe we get our picks back from the Trey Lance trade.

My man

Originally posted by Sickaa:

He'll most likely get a few reps each game, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at It.

I doubt he gets a few reps every game. I'm sure he'll come in on special packages but I don't see them rolling him out every week
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Aug 17, 2021 at 9:55 AM ]

You can utilize him the same way that the Saints used Taysom Hill and how Harbaugh used Kaepernick as a rookie. Put him in some situations where he can use his arm or his legs to attack a defense, force them to suddenly adjust from defending a more stationary pocket passer to someone that can be a threat on the ground. Especially around the goal line. If I was a DC I'd be mad af having to go back and forth between the two.

You can utilize him the same way that the Saints used Taysom Hill and how Harbaugh used Kaepernick as a rookie. Put him in some situations where he can use his arm or his legs to attack a defense, force them to suddenly adjust from defending a more stationary pocket passer to someone that can be a threat on the ground. Especially around the goal line. If I was a DC I'd be mad af having to go back and forth between the two.

Yeah, goal line situations if Shanny has a play up his sleeve and then situations at the end of a half where there's only a couple seconds left and it's too far out to try a field goal. Throw him in there for that arm strength.

Originally posted by Howlett49:

I doubt he gets a few reps every game. I'm sure he'll come in on special packages but I don't see them rolling him out every week

I hear you but they might do a weekly special package for him. Especially if it has success early on.
btw does anyone know where people are pulling the All-22 film from?

NFL redisgned Game Pass and I don't see it on there...so annoying when they decide to re-do certain things and basically remove access from fans to things they've enjoyed for years. They completely fu*cked up their draft/combine information last year and now doing the same to Game Pass.
  • thl408
Originally posted by genus49:
btw does anyone know where people are pulling the All-22 film from?

NFL redisgned Game Pass and I don't see it on there...so annoying when they decide to re-do certain things and basically remove access from fans to things they've enjoyed for years. They completely fu*cked up their draft/combine information last year and now doing the same to Game Pass.

The completely f**ked the all22. Supposedly it will be back by the regular season. There was never preseason all22 for the general public anyway.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/04/nfl-says-all-22-to-return-to-game-pass-by-start-of-regular-season/
The all-22 film feature has disappeared from the NFL's excellent Game Pass feature. The NFL says it will eventually return.
According to the league, the goal is to return the all-22 film to Game Pass service by the start of the regular season.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Howlett49:

I hear you but they might do a weekly special package for him. Especially if it has success early on.

I'd love to see him out there often. I just can't remember very many QBs that sit the first year getting special packages on a weekly basis. I don't remember Mahomes coming in very often his rookie year. Rodgers didn't either. Kap barely saw the field as well. What other high profile rookie QBs who sat at least the first year got rolled out consistently?

Exactly... I hate the whole 2 quarterback system.. it never works. You either have a guy you trust, or you don't. I like the idea of Lance in goalline situations, I have no issue with that.
Share 49ersWebzone