There are 123 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socal1632:
If Trent is out then Jimmy's concrete feet pocket passing vanilla hazelnut ice cream O won't work. Can't have 3 passes Totalling 5 yards. Oh wait, we have a perfect qb for the job!!! Lance can make plays running for his life! Welcome to the 49ers oline Trey!!

That didn't work out too well on Saturday.
Originally posted by NCommand:
2.7s is plenty of time in Kyle's 2.5s offense.

We can asking to Trey Lance if he can beat the Rookie QB Avg time to throw by Russell Wilson 2.4s?!? He needs to study the film and do his homework how to create the offense score?! If He knows the score points and win game is key for important. I am very happy that Lance didn't run because he is staying in a quarterback than running! Lance can throw better than Lamar. Lamar is definitely a runner. It's too risky for NFL games. If He continues to have any concussion/injury too risk for any career! That's my penny. Quarterback doesn't need to run. They only need their strong arms to throw. There are many runners like running back or wide receiver.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Aug 24, 2021 at 7:57 AM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
If Trent is out then Jimmy's concrete feet pocket passing vanilla hazelnut ice cream O won't work. Can't have 3 passes Totalling 5 yards. Oh wait, we have a perfect qb for the job!!! Lance can make plays running for his life! Welcome to the 49ers oline Trey!!

The opener is almost a month away so Trent has plenty of time to rest his knee. Don't start worrying until the week before the Lions game.
Originally posted by NCommand:
2.7s is plenty of time in Kyle's 2.5s offense.

Rookie QB avg time to throw

1. Wilson 2.4s (0 sk)
-
2. Jones 2.6s (1 sk)
3. Lawrence 2.7s (2 sk)
4. Lance 2.7s (4 sk)
-
-
5. Fields 3.8s (0 sk)

49ers 40.1 pass blk grade (🤮)
Bears 73.4. Fields was nice avoiding sacks but had help

— George Chahrouri (@PFF_George) August 16, 2021

Meh … average is exactly that. I guarantee he had less than 2.7 sec on some of those sacks.
  • thl408
KC did not hold back on coverage disguises, or blitzing Lance. I appreciate them for doing that - more learning material.
Originally posted by thl408:
KC did not hold back on coverage disguises, or blitzing Lance. I appreciate them for doing that - more learning material.

Yeah, they had a lot of post snap changes. Was definitely a good opportunity to learn.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah, they had a lot of post snap changes. Was definitely a good opportunity to learn.

Agreed.. it should only help Lance Improve as he continues to get more opportunities.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lance looked pretty much like what you would expect from a one year starter from the FCS. We saw the arm talent, we saw the ability to throw down the field, we also saw a guy who looked considerably unpolished and with a lot of work ahead of him. Playing on a stacked team, in a run first offense against heavyweights like James Madison in the FCS doesn't exactly prepare you for NFL defenses.

He's a work in progress. The worst thing the 49ers could do is to throw him out there, let him get his ass kicked and start seeing ghosts out on the field. I think you have to ease him in packages that will help boost his confidence and make him feel more comfortable as he slowly adapts to the speed of the NFL game while you have a steady veteran in Garoppolo to hold things down.

Considering how much the team invested in Lance, it would be a mistake to try to rush him out there. You didn't trade up for him just for the next season but for the next 15, thus I'm hoping they stick with the long term approach in mind, letting him develop at his own pace.

Exactly. We tried that whole throw them to the wolves thing back in 2005 and it didn't exactly pan out. Let's do it right this time.

Alex not having early success has nothing to do with him starting year 1 and everything to do with him starting 5 years later with just as many different OC's.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
If we go undefeated & win the sb with James garoppolo what happens??

I get crazy drunk and accidentally ban everyone from the forum, including myself.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Lance looked pretty much like what you would expect from a one year starter from the FCS. We saw the arm talent, we saw the ability to throw down the field, we also saw a guy who looked considerably unpolished and with a lot of work ahead of him. Playing on a stacked team, in a run first offense against heavyweights like James Madison in the FCS doesn't exactly prepare you for NFL defenses.

He's a work in progress. The worst thing the 49ers could do is to throw him out there, let him get his ass kicked and start seeing ghosts out on the field. I think you have to ease him in packages that will help boost his confidence and make him feel more comfortable as he slowly adapts to the speed of the NFL game while you have a steady veteran in Garoppolo to hold things down.

Considering how much the team invested in Lance, it would be a mistake to try to rush him out there. You didn't trade up for him just for the next season but for the next 15, thus I'm hoping they stick with the long term approach in mind, letting him develop at his own pace.

Exactly. We tried that whole throw them to the wolves thing back in 2005 and it didn't exactly pan out. Let's do it right this time.

Alex not having early success has nothing to do with him starting year 1 and everything to do with him starting 5 years later with just as many different OC's.

The team in 2005 was also complete garbage in both a talent and a coaching level. The fact that Alex Smith went on to have a successful career after spending 4-5 years with, at the time, a terrible organization shows that a good QB won't be ruined if they're eventually put in the right situation.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Joecool:

The team in 2005 was also complete garbage in both a talent and a coaching level. The fact that Alex Smith went on to have a successful career after spending 4-5 years with, at the time, a terrible organization shows that a good QB won't be ruined if they're eventually put in the right situation.

Bold and work ethic.
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.

I feel the same way but not if he plays the way he did this past Saturday. I wonder if Kyle is weighing the possibility on whether or not he can scheme wins with Lance for enough games to allow Lance to get comfortable and start controlling the offense.

But having said that, no rookie QB has ever won the SB. The ceiling of this team with Jimmy is SuperBowl win. History shows that is NOT the ceiling with a rookie QB.
Share 49ersWebzone