Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i said most of you..

Zoners had Lance from : already ready for week 1, Running the offense better than what jimmy can do and possibly being the first rookie to win a SB without taking his first snap.

Let the kid get acclimated first. This is a marathon and not a sprint

We've only seen Trey with a bunch of back-ups thus far. Not really fair to make that judgement just yet.

Yeah, major overreaction - everyone needs to take a red.

Absolutely, he looked good with some weapons, then those weapons dropped passes on him, then they replaced them with scrubs, and a sieve like O-Line, whilst taking away his running ability.

Saturday has changed nothing for me.

Yeah, it hasn't changed for me either.
i said most of you..

Zoners had Lance from : already ready for week 1, Running the offense better than what jimmy can do and possibly being the first rookie to win a SB without taking his first snap.

We've only seen Trey with a bunch of back-ups thus far. Not really fair to make that judgement just yet.

Absolutely, he looked good with some weapons, then those weapons dropped passes on him, then they replaced them with scrubs, and a sieve like O-Line, whilst taking away his running ability.

Me either
i said most of you..

Yeah it hasn't changed for me either. The kid still needs a lot of work before he will be starting and I would be suprised to see him play in the regular season unless JG is hurt. Shanahan is in no hurry to throw Trey into a meat grinder.
i said most of you..

mayo, you change every day
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.

I feel the same way but not if he plays the way he did this past Saturday. I wonder if Kyle is weighing the possibility on whether or not he can scheme wins with Lance for enough games to allow Lance to get comfortable and start controlling the offense.

But having said that, no rookie QB has ever won the SB. The ceiling of this team with Jimmy is SuperBowl win. History shows that is NOT the ceiling with a rookie QB.

I was with you until the bolded. Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't.

The rookie QB never winning a Super Bowl so Lance can't perform better than Jimmy is the dumbest common take on this forum ATM.

Only this year, with this team, the ceiling for the success of this team is higher with Jimmy than it is with Lance. NOW, since the ceiling is the Super Bowl and not 6 wins, then the starter is a no brainer. NEXT year, the ceiling for the success of this team may be higher with Lance.
i said most of you..

Lol this
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.

I feel the same way but not if he plays the way he did this past Saturday. I wonder if Kyle is weighing the possibility on whether or not he can scheme wins with Lance for enough games to allow Lance to get comfortable and start controlling the offense.

But having said that, no rookie QB has ever won the SB. The ceiling of this team with Jimmy is SuperBowl win. History shows that is NOT the ceiling with a rookie QB.

I was with you until the bolded. Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't.

The rookie QB never winning a Super Bowl so Lance can't perform better than Jimmy is the dumbest common take on this forum ATM.

Only this year, with this team, the ceiling for the success of this team is higher with Jimmy than it is with Lance. NOW, since the ceiling is the Super Bowl and not 6 wins, then the starter is a no brainer. NEXT year, the ceiling for the success of this team may be higher with Lance.

This is realistic. We will know in 12 months whether Trey can pick up all of the coaching and nuances of Kyle's play book. Playing him this year could destroy him rather then enhance him.
Then this means that he hasn't changed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lance looked pretty much like what you would expect from a one year starter from the FCS. We saw the arm talent, we saw the ability to throw down the field, we also saw a guy who looked considerably unpolished and with a lot of work ahead of him. Playing on a stacked team, in a run first offense against heavyweights like James Madison in the FCS doesn't exactly prepare you for NFL defenses.

He's a work in progress. The worst thing the 49ers could do is to throw him out there, let him get his ass kicked and start seeing ghosts out on the field. I think you have to ease him in packages that will help boost his confidence and make him feel more comfortable as he slowly adapts to the speed of the NFL game while you have a steady veteran in Garoppolo to hold things down.

Considering how much the team invested in Lance, it would be a mistake to try to rush him out there. You didn't trade up for him just for the next season but for the next 15, thus I'm hoping they stick with the long term approach in mind, letting him develop at his own pace.

Sickaa…
please step away from the ledge..
mayo, you change every hour

FTFY.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Then this means that he hasn't changed.
thats deep

Don't worry..

This necessary?

Again, that's your OPINION.

I have no problem if people have that opinion to be honest. I'm not mad at anyone who thinks Jimmy G gives us the better chance to win this season.

What I do have a problem with is claiming that it's a FACT that Trey won't be better than Jimmy this season. Cause at this point there isn't enough evidence to say otherwise.

There's a big difference in those two conclusions and your phrasing just in this last post and other people on this forum make it sound like they know for a fact Lance can't win the super bowl because a rookie has never done it.

Ironically the first team to ever win the super bowl in their own stadium happened just last year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
i said most of you..

Bad habit.

Don't worry..

This necessary?

Again, that's your OPINION.

I have no problem if people have that opinion to be honest. I'm not mad at anyone who thinks Jimmy G gives us the better chance to win this season.

What I do have a problem with is claiming that it's a FACT that Trey won't be better than Jimmy this season. Cause at this point there isn't enough evidence to say otherwise.

There's a big difference in those two conclusions and your phrasing just in this last post and other people on this forum make it sound like they know for a fact Lance can't win the super bowl because a rookie has never done it.

Ironically the first team to ever win the super bowl in their own stadium happened just last year.

Preach Oso

Don't worry..

This necessary?

These are Jimmy's playoff numbers from 2019:

QB Rating: 75.3
Comp_Pct: 63.8%
Yards: 427
TDs: 2
TD Pct: 3.4
Ints: 3
Int Pct: 5.22
YPA: 7.4
YPG: 142

We don't think that Trey with 10-17 games of experience could at least replicate those numbers?
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 17, 2021 at 3:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone