There are 455 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Pretty decent breakdown from the all-22.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 17, 2021 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Goatie:
He was still having accuracy issues in the last practice throwing 9/15. He will improve but it won't be as fast as some are thinking on here. He will not be ready to be a starter by game one or for a while yet. Much more polishing from the coaches to come before that.

So if you consider 9/15, 6 incompletions, accuracy issues then what is Jimmy's 13/19, 6 incompletions with a pick?

Okay lets do it your way and make him start game one?

Is anyone taking odds if that happens he will end up like Rosen, RGIII and many others and be out of the league in 3-4 years. No one wants broken gunshy QB who got crushed in their rookie year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.

I feel the same way but not if he plays the way he did this past Saturday. I wonder if Kyle is weighing the possibility on whether or not he can scheme wins with Lance for enough games to allow Lance to get comfortable and start controlling the offense.

But having said that, no rookie QB has ever won the SB. The ceiling of this team with Jimmy is SuperBowl win. History shows that is NOT the ceiling with a rookie QB.

I was with you until the bolded. Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't.

The rookie QB never winning a Super Bowl so Lance can't perform better than Jimmy is the dumbest common take on this forum ATM.

Only this year, with this team, the ceiling for the success of this team is higher with Jimmy than it is with Lance. NOW, since the ceiling is the Super Bowl and not 6 wins, then the starter is a no brainer. NEXT year, the ceiling for the success of this team may be higher with Lance.

Even with your "only for this year" qualifier, it doesnt make what you are saying true. The idea that a rookie QB cant win a Superbowl is ridiculous. If we took this team and our rookie QB played at 2020 Justin Herbert level, can that team not win a Superbowl?
has a rookie won a SB ?

This is such a dumb take. Do better.
Lol let's make a bet this year. You got a rookie winning a SB right?

the rookie would need to start the majority of the regular season games

Shockingly, you continue to miss the point.
Shocking that you can't back what you claim

My claim: Just because a rookie QB has never won a Superbowl, doesn't mean one can't.

You: you can't back up what you claim

Jesus man. SMFH.
He was still having accuracy issues in the last practice throwing 9/15. He will improve but it won't be as fast as some are thinking on here. He will not be ready to be a starter by game one or for a while yet. Much more polishing from the coaches to come before that.

So if you consider 9/15, 6 incompletions, accuracy issues then what is Jimmy's 13/19, 6 incompletions with a pick?

Is anyone taking odds if that happens he will end up like Rosen, RGIII and many others and be out of the league in 3-4 years. No one wants broken gunshy QB who got crushed in their rookie year.

Yeah, pretty sure that happens when the team is s**t and the coaches don't know what they're doing. But I'm glad you brought up RGIII. Remind me how his rookie season went while Kyle was coaching him.
Warned you guys that all this excitement will create expectations....now most of you are being humbled

Don't worry..

This necessary?

My expectation hasnt changed. As soon as Kyle feels he is a starting caliber QB, he will start. And my opinion is that happens sometime in 2021.

I feel the same way but not if he plays the way he did this past Saturday. I wonder if Kyle is weighing the possibility on whether or not he can scheme wins with Lance for enough games to allow Lance to get comfortable and start controlling the offense.

But having said that, no rookie QB has ever won the SB. The ceiling of this team with Jimmy is SuperBowl win. History shows that is NOT the ceiling with a rookie QB.

I was with you until the bolded. Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't.

The rookie QB never winning a Super Bowl so Lance can't perform better than Jimmy is the dumbest common take on this forum ATM.

Only this year, with this team, the ceiling for the success of this team is higher with Jimmy than it is with Lance. NOW, since the ceiling is the Super Bowl and not 6 wins, then the starter is a no brainer. NEXT year, the ceiling for the success of this team may be higher with Lance.

Even with your "only for this year" qualifier, it doesnt make what you are saying true. The idea that a rookie QB cant win a Superbowl is ridiculous. If we took this team and our rookie QB played at 2020 Justin Herbert level, can that team not win a Superbowl?
has a rookie won a SB ?

My claim: Just because a rookie QB has never won a Superbowl, doesn't mean one can't.

Jesus man. SMFH.

Shockingly I just reach for the popcorn

This is amongst all QBs, not just rookies. When his mechanics were dialed in, his accuracy was perfect, but I think as the rush and the excitement started to get to him his mechanics started to get a bit sloppy.

I'm not sure how they calculate these though. How do you get a 46% from 14 passes.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 17, 2021 at 9:38 PM ]

Don't worry..

This necessary?

has a rookie won a SB ?

Jesus man. SMFH.

If one was to disagree with my statement that a rookie QB can win a Superbowl, one would have to believe it is a physical impossibility for it to happen.

Like, I can't believe someone could possibly disagree with my statement. All I ever said was that it is possible.

Lol WTF you talking about man? Where in my question to you did you get "my way start him game one"?

Do you think Rosen would have been good if he had just sat a year?
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Good for the xfl maybe.

This is amongst all QBs, not just rookies. When his mechanics were dialed in, his accuracy was perfect, but I think as the rush and the excitement started to get to him his mechanics started to get a bit sloppy.

I'm not sure how they calculate these though. How do you get a 46% from 14 passes.

I don't know about that math but that 39%perfect out of all QBs got me more hyped then any other stat I've seen yet.

Man when he gets settled in after sitting this year he should be $

Don't worry..

This necessary?

has a rookie won a SB ?

Jesus man. SMFH.

If one was to disagree with my statement that a rookie QB can win a Superbowl, one would have to believe it is a physical impossibility for it to happen.

Like, I can't believe someone could possibly disagree with my statement. All I ever said was that it is possible.
Winning the lottery is possible also..

edit, actually you have a better chance at winning the lottery as someone has to win.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 17, 2021 at 10:16 PM ]

Couldn't have been any worse
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

No, he's a jerk that doesn't like to listen to people.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Tman:

No, he's a jerk that doesn't like to listen to people.

So it could have been worse?
Share 49ersWebzone