There are 163 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Yall are being trolled by riverrunzthruit, and many can't see through it. He knows some here are insecure about Trey being compared in anyway possible to Kaepernick, and river dude is poking at those insecurities to f**k with yall to diss on Kap (and spew the same o'l recycled s**t many have been for years) while he laughs along and shows his true intentions regarding Trey here...

"I don't think Trey is a natural pure passer, just a great athlete that is learning how to throw the ball, and I think he will always struggle to throw the ball consistently to NFL standards, disappointing considering where we drafted him and what we gave up."

He already has his mind made up... anything else that comes off reasonable in past or future posts, is just to not come off too obvious.

And to others get the f**k out of here with Kap has no work ethic s**t... again keep trying rewrite history. If Kap wasn't good at his job or didn't work hard... no way would he be as successful as he has been in his NFL career. You can't change history or facts that are in NFL records. All you can do is make up s**t.

I think the juxtaposition is real in terms of passing mechanics between the two, for certain parts of their delivery. If that comparison triggers some that was not my intent, but I am not responsible for your triggers.

For today my mind is made up and Trey has a long way to go before he is a consistently competent NFL passer, and I am not sure he will ever get there. I want to see him get there but today I don't think he will. If he does tomorrow I will be glad to eat crow and will be a happy 9er fan.

Too many people in here just want to put their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and start singing Roxanne with the possibility that Shanny could have made a mistake on Trey...
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This satire right? Please say this is satire.

Yeah I'm not following that logic either. Jimmy is Jimmy I don't need to talk him up or put him down at this pt anymore, he's got one yr left in SF and I hope he makes the most of it.

Trey is the future, kyle will use him to his strengths (like he's done with every QB) and develop him as we go. Took a QB who was raw like Lance (Josh Allen) 3 yrs to get to where he's at and that's with him starting right off the bat…people gotta have a little patience, but if Trey can figure it out this offense is gonna be f**king electric.

And whatever with the Kap stuff, dude was fun as s**t to watch, he just never got to that next level as a passer and really had other factors messing it all up. Lance imo is already a better passer than Kap. If Kyle can make Mullens have the 3rd most yards ever in a QBs first 16 games, I think Trey will be just fine. He just needs to play football.

I just couldn't keep up with a scripted fake entertainment with a semi scripted real entertainment. I might get hated on but even if Kap and Lance have identical mechanics it's not like Kaps mechanics were his ultimate downfall. The league figured him out and he didn't put in the work to have a counter punch to the taking away his first read and keeping him in the pocket.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
twins

Outside the color of their skin and playing for the same team, in what ways are they twins?

passing mechanics

Your argument is literally dumb. Show us MOTION that proves your point, not screen shots. Seriously, this is the dumbest argument I've literally ever seen on this board.

I have already explained it... to you it's dumb and I'm OK with that.
Like seriously, what kind of stupid s**t is this? Kap's wind up dropped WAY below his chest, stayed way outside, and took forever. Trey's is much more compact. Yeah, he has work to do, and yeah, sometimes that ball gets a bit low, but it's not like Kap's regularly was. Simply not the same.
4 days, 19 hours, 32 minutes and 34 seconds...
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Just my .02. If people want Trey to look better then talk up Jimmy.

Think of it like professional wrestling. If someone really wants to get over, they'll build up their opponent.

Rock vs Stone cold, wrestlemania 19. Rock didn't come out in the weeks up to it and talk about how awful, trash and meh Austin was.

When he beat him, it wasn't with 1, it wasn't with 2 it was with 3 Rock Bottoms-because thats what it takes to take down the Texas Rattlesnake. That puts Rock over as the guy who beat the legend at Wrestelmania.

Then Cena beat the Rock.

Goldberg didn't become a legend when he beat Raven, he did when he beat Hogan at the Georgia dome.

If Trey beats out a very, very good Jimmy G, what does that say about Trey?

If Trey beats a, "meh" qb. What does that say about Trey?

Sunday seriously cant get here fast enough.
Originally posted by thl408:

Think of it like professional wrestling. If someone really wants to get over, they'll build up their opponent.

Rock vs Stone cold, wrestlemania 19. Rock didn't come out in the weeks up to it and talk about how awful, trash and meh Austin was.

When he beat him, it wasn't with 1, it wasn't with 2 it was with 3 Rock Bottoms-because thats what it takes to take down the Texas Rattlesnake. That puts Rock over as the guy who beat the legend at Wrestelmania.

Then Cena beat the Rock.

Goldberg didn't become a legend when he beat Raven, he did when he beat Hogan at the Georgia dome.

don't ever use wrestling in an analogy ever again. I'll pretend you never posted that. Love you, jd.

He coulda said, to be the best you'd have to beat the best. Generic, but ...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Yall are being trolled by riverrunzthruit, and many can't see through it. He knows some here are insecure about Trey being compared in anyway possible to Kaepernick, and river dude is poking at those insecurities to f**k with yall to diss on Kap (and spew the same o'l recycled s**t many have been for years) while he laughs along and shows his true intentions regarding Trey here...

"I don't think Trey is a natural pure passer, just a great athlete that is learning how to throw the ball, and I think he will always struggle to throw the ball consistently to NFL standards, disappointing considering where we drafted him and what we gave up."

He already has his mind made up... anything else that comes off reasonable in past or future posts, is just to not come off too obvious.

And to others get the f**k out of here with Kap has no work ethic s**t... again keep trying rewrite history. If Kap wasn't good at his job or didn't work hard... no way would he be as successful as he has been in his NFL career. You can't change history or facts that are in NFL records. All you can do is make up s**t.

Nothing wrong with being an athlete in sports until it becomes a QB that "doesn't fit the norm." Kap's run to the Super Bowl > Jimmy's run 10x's out of 10. Kaep was awesome, but an unfinished story due to you know what. Stereotyping him after-the-fact is just their way of stemming man. As we know, untrue information gives ALOT of people in our country comfort. Let them enjoy themselves.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 7, 2021 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Then Cena beat the Rock.

It says that "Trey" Is still the better QB . Seriously though, we all just crave some football at this point.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Then Cena beat the Rock.

It says that "Trey" Is still the better QB . Seriously though, we all just crave some football at this point.

I think Trey has to hit Jimmy with a few rock bottoms and drop the peoples elbow on him to become the starter.

You guys overly-obsess over mechanics here. Alot of micromanagement. When the season starts tomorrow I suggest focusing alot more on results.

And a lot of people pretend they actually know anything about QB mechanics and what truly matters.

You don't need Tom Brady mechanics to be successful in the league, go look at Rivers lol. I could careless about his release and upper body mechanics overall, it's all about the footwork. Also because of that arm talent, he can get away with not having pristine mechanics end of the day.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Then Cena beat the Rock.

don't ever use wrestling in an analogy ever again. I'll pretend you never posted that. Love you, jd.

Lol. Think of it this way, do you want Trey to get the job cause he beat Tyrod Taylor or because he beat Tony Romo?

I just don't get the logic behind, "Jimmy sucks at 90% of quarterbacking, but I think he's average, but Trey should be starting at some point cause he's amazing, even though he couldn't beat a guy who sucks at 90% of quarterbacking".

That makes as much sense as me using a pro wrestling analogy. Hence why I did it.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Sep 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM ]

HA
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Like seriously, what kind of stupid s**t is this? Kap's wind up dropped WAY below his chest, stayed way outside, and took forever. Trey's is much more compact. Yeah, he has work to do, and yeah, sometimes that ball gets a bit low, but it's not like Kap's regularly was. Simply not the same.

No it's not and it's funny people are actually trying to say it's the same…it's clearly a bias take for whatever reason (beyond just football).

plenty of QBs drop the ball much lower, Wilson is one. Mahomes does it, so does Allen. When you have top end arm talent , you can get away with not having the tightest/most compact release. Fields is another one too.

I care more about the footwork and that's something that can be corrected.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Then Cena beat the Rock.

Lol. Think of it this way, do you want Trey to get the job cause he beat Tyrod Taylor or because he beat Tony Romo?

I just don't get the logic behind, "Jimmy sucks at 90% of quarterbacking, but I think he's average, but Trey should be starting at some point cause he's amazing, even though he couldn't beat a guy who sucks at 90% of quarterbacking".

That makes as much sense as me using a pro wrestling analogy. Hence why I did it.

Less than a week til opening day. Nice try entertaining the Zoners with your post
Share 49ersWebzone