There are 185 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners99:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Trey Lance (@trey.lance)

That's awesome. I'll probably get some Chipotle tomorrow
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I agree with this…and yes Zack had the best mechanics of all the prospects in this class without a doubt.

I thought Lance improved tremendously on his footwork from 2019 to the off season clips we saw. He just needs more reps and to get more confident in his reads, when he loses that confidence he reverts back into some of his bad habits. All the double clutching and not being in rhythm messes up that footwork while your in the pocket.

Pretty easy to have good mechanics in a t-shirt and shorts. It means jack s**t when you revert to dogs**t mechanics in a preseason game even after supposedly working on those mechanics for a full year

and this is what is most disappointing, for a QB drafted 3rd overall their passing skills shouldn't need fixing... nobody needs to fix the passing of Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones because they are natural passers... no Treyscuses allowed

lol you are new at football. you'll learn that most QBs do fix mechanics once they get into the pros. guys like Allen, Pat, and even Rodgers had to fix their mechanics. Brees, Brady, all did the same thing. and i'm just throwing out some great QBs that had to do it. majority have to do this, and im sure those QBs listed are also gonna look different in a year or two from now.
This simply is not true, nobody has fixed any passing mechanics in a major way with any of those players you mention, they are natural passers... Trey on the other hand has much to change, not sure it will happen

once again, you are just completely clueless. Rodgers as one example completely changed the way he throws. Go watch his Cal highlights and now compare them to his current ones.

and Trey doesn't have much to change. learn the game first at least at an adequate level before you come in with just terrible opinions.

that Jerry and Lance commerical is pretty sick. love it
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Niners99:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Trey Lance (@trey.lance)

That's awesome. I'll probably get some Chipotle tomorrow

at least he ain't vegan
I agree with this…and yes Zack had the best mechanics of all the prospects in this class without a doubt.

I thought Lance improved tremendously on his footwork from 2019 to the off season clips we saw. He just needs more reps and to get more confident in his reads, when he loses that confidence he reverts back into some of his bad habits. All the double clutching and not being in rhythm messes up that footwork while your in the pocket.

Pretty easy to have good mechanics in a t-shirt and shorts. It means jack s**t when you revert to dogs**t mechanics in a preseason game even after supposedly working on those mechanics for a full year

and this is what is most disappointing, for a QB drafted 3rd overall their passing skills shouldn't need fixing... nobody needs to fix the passing of Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones because they are natural passers... no Treyscuses allowed

lol you are new at football. you'll learn that most QBs do fix mechanics once they get into the pros. guys like Allen, Pat, and even Rodgers had to fix their mechanics. Brees, Brady, all did the same thing. and i'm just throwing out some great QBs that had to do it. majority have to do this, and im sure those QBs listed are also gonna look different in a year or two from now.
This simply is not true, nobody has fixed any passing mechanics in a major way with any of those players you mention, they are natural passers... Trey on the other hand has much to change, not sure it will happen

once again, you are just completely clueless. Rodgers as one example completely changed the way he throws. Go watch his Cal highlights and now compare them to his current ones.

and Trey doesn't have much to change. learn the game first at least at an adequate level before you come in with just terrible opinions.

what exactly did Rodgers change that was major and significant? I'm obviously not as experienced with football as you but feel free to be as technical and specific as you can
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Sep 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM ]

"I talked to Tony Romo for a couple hours at the Super Bowl. And I got to talking with him about mechanics and keeping your head on the same plane, same axis, and kind of rotating around it, keeping your left arm super tight, and finding a way to throw the same exact way out of any position, whether your feet are set or not. That's really been paying off. It's been a good thing for me, and it's gonna continue to be something I'll work on." -- Josh Allen

"In Miami [during an offseason workout], I feel like it's the best I've ever thrown. Just kind of keeping my head a little stiller, keeping my left arm tighter, and kind of rotating my body around an axis and it's been paying off."

Allen thinks that his mechanics are "night and day" better than when he entered the league as a rookie.

[ Edited by random49er on Sep 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM ]

what exactly did Rodgers change that was major and significant?

like i said, if you can't see something that obvious, then you really don't know football yet. go learn it somewhat, and then come back with opinions.
Originally posted by random49er:

"I talked to Tony Romo for a couple hours at the Super Bowl. And I got to talking with him about mechanics and keeping your head on the same plane, same axis, and kind of rotating around it, keeping your left arm super tight, and finding a way to throw the same exact way out of any position, whether your feet are set or not. That's really been paying off. It's been a good thing for me, and it's gonna continue to be something I'll work on." -- Josh Allen

"In Miami [during an offseason workout], I feel like it's the best I've ever thrown. Just kind of keeping my head a little stiller, keeping my left arm tighter, and kind of rotating my body around an axis and it's been paying off."

Allen thinks that his mechanics are "night and day" better than when he entered the league as a rookie.

there is nothing there you list that is significant, he still holds the ball with the same carriage and has the same arc with his delivery... keeping left arm in tighter is a flaw I mentioned earlier with Trey/Kap
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Sep 7, 2021 at 3:39 PM ]
what exactly did Rodgers change that was major and significant? I'm obviously not as experienced with football as you but feel free to be as technical and specific as you can

At this point you are trolling
Originally posted by frenchmov:

At this point you are trolling

not at all, and if you can answer my questions feel free to jump in

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Lol. Think of it this way, do you want Trey to get the job cause he beat Tyrod Taylor or because he beat Tony Romo?

I just don't get the logic behind, "Jimmy sucks at 90% of quarterbacking, but I think he's average, but Trey should be starting at some point cause he's amazing, even though he couldn't beat a guy who sucks at 90% of quarterbacking".

That makes as much sense as me using a pro wrestling analogy. Hence why I did it.

Wish we could have used that analogy with Jimmy, who'd he have to beat out, Hoyer? got a $100M deal after 5 games on top of it

Duse, you should try taking some less bitter pills.

Think about what has to be true for Jimmy to be as bad as you say:
1. Kyle misevaluated and gave up a 2nd round pick for this guy, then turned around and will have paid him 110m by the end of this season.
2. Mullens and Beathard have to be the worst qb's by a mile, to lose so many more games than Jimmy.
3. For Kyle to believe Jimmy gives us a better chance to win, Trey has to be pretty bad and we gave up 3 first round picks for that guy.

That means we have to have one of the worst quarterback evaluating coaches in thr league, who on top of it, overpays by a mile for bad players.

I'd rather live in a more positive world where I believe Kyle is one of the best at what he does. The only way for that to be true is for Jimmy to actually be a pretty darn good qb who hasn't been able to stay on the field.

Nobody thinks Jimmy is as bad as you're saying here. He's just a middle of the pack (15-20ish) guy that's good enough to be a starter, and maybe win a Super Bowl if everything goes right. Kyle just wants more and that's why he made the trade for Trey. As Kyle said himself, it's almost impossible to win a Super Bowl if you don't have a top 5 QB.
there is nothing there you list that is significant, he still holds the ball with the same carriage and has the same arc with his delivery... keeping left arm in tighter is a flaw I mentioned earlier with Trey/Kap

1. Dude said he thinks his mechanics are night and day,...and that's straight form the horse's mouth. How much more major does it get? Lol.

2. If YOU and ONLY YOU get to determine what's major and what's not then yea, I guess you're right. The micromanagement here on the forum is out of control at this point.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 7, 2021 at 3:42 PM ]

like i said, if you can't see something that obvious, then you really don't know football yet. go learn it somewhat, and then come back with opinions.

alright, so you really can't answer my questions and you actually have no idea what you are talking about
Originally posted by random49er:

1. Dude said he thinks his mechanics are night and day,...and that's straight form the horse's mouth. How much more major does it get? Lol.

2. If YOU and ONLY YOU get to determine what's major and what's not then yea, I guess you're right. The micromanagement here on the forum is out of control at this point.

if the changes are night and day, they must be huge... so what are they? go ahead and watch the film, index it, and show me

alright, so you really can't answer my questions and you actually have no idea what you are talking about

that video was obviously too complicated.

start with this

[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 7, 2021 at 3:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone