There are 248 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I hope he learns as well. But from my experience natural passers are born, it's a gift, and they can just do it with very little coaching of mechanics. I don't believe Trey has a passing gift, they can teach him all the proper mechanics and it won't make much of a difference in the end.

Your experience lol. Oh okay

Steve young didn't even know how to hold a football in college.

if Trey has s**tty mechanics, I'd say he's pretty damn gifted for getting to where he is at this pt. Same as guys like Mahomes and Allen.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 7, 2021 at 4:44 PM ]
we can disagree on our opinions, I'm good with that... if you think Trey is a natural then cool

Its hard to agree or disagree with you, because you have provided zero information to backup your opinion.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
we can disagree on our opinions, I'm good with that... if you think Trey is a natural then cool

Its hard to agree or disagree with you, because you have provided zero information to backup your opinion.

you don't have to agree with me, I'm just giving my opinion... I have posted several times in the past several weeks on what is wrong with Trey's mechanics and why I don't think he has a natural passing gift... I'm just some dude on the internet who has never watched a game, is new to football, and knows absolutely nothing so take it for what its worth
I hope he learns as well. But from my experience natural passers are born, it's a gift, and they can just do it with very little coaching of mechanics. I don't believe Trey has a passing gift, they can teach him all the proper mechanics and it won't make much of a difference in the end.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

if Trey has s**tty mechanics, I'd say he's pretty damn gifted for getting to where he is at this pt. Same as guys like Mahomes and Allen.

yes that is correct, I had the pleasure of working with a few young men in HS at the varsity level as an OC... my first was the section passing leader as a sophomore and the second kid I worked with lead the section until he broke his leg halfway through the season... i did pretty well in HS and played some in college... I don't know everything but I know enough to get myself in trouble LOL you won't believe this but thats fine since you are from NY

yes that is correct, I had the pleasure of working with a few young men in HS at the varsity level as an OC... my first was the section passing leader as a sophomore and the second kid I worked with lead the section until he broke his leg halfway through the season... i did pretty well in HS and played some in college... I don't know everything but I know enough to get myself in trouble LOL you won't believe this but thats fine since you are from NY

you couldn't even tell the difference in AR's delivery, but you want people to believe this?
I'm gonna trust Kyle Shanahans and our scouting departments experience seeing as we've traded away multiple first for this kid
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

you couldn't even tell the difference in AR's delivery, but you want people to believe this?

believe what you want... I asked you to explain the differences in AR mechanics and you couldn't... ball position is not a major change

Hey good for you. That means nothing to me in regards to acting like you know more about QBs than Kyle.

so agree to disagree with just about everything you've said on this topic.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 7, 2021 at 5:38 PM ]

Hey good for you. That means nothing to me in regardless to acting like you know more about QBs than Kyle.

so agree to disagree with just about everything you've said on this topic.

sounds good... I don't know more than Kyle but he isn't perfect, and I don't agree so far with his assessment of Trey

• Furlow
  • Veteran
passing mechanics are important, and Trey doesn't have them in a sound way right now, and it is disappointing from a #3 pick because right now he is not a good passer.. not sure what you are arguing but that is my point

This is actually not true.

Why do people keep saying this? If Trey was slow and immobile, I don't think anyone would be saying that. It's as if every time a QB is able to run and has highlights running the ball, his throwing mechanics are ultra-scrutinized. People calling him "Kaep 2.0" for instance are seriously blind or biased.
Never forget, its simple arithmetic.

11 on 11 offensive football > 10 on 11 offensive football every time.

And arithmetic never lies....

[ Edited by RasSuar on Sep 7, 2021 at 5:28 PM ]
math does lie sometimes, the square root of -1 is a fake number
yes that is correct, I had the pleasure of working with a few young men in HS at the varsity level as an OC... my first was the section passing leader as a sophomore and the second kid I worked with lead the section until he broke his leg halfway through the season... i did pretty well in HS and played some in college...

Polk High? All-City? 4 Touchdowns in 1 game?
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 7, 2021 at 5:32 PM ]
Say it with me, folks.

11 on 11 > 10 on 11. Forget your biases and just embrace the f**king math. It doesn't lie even if your biases do.

Share 49ersWebzone