LISTEN: Are The 49ers Headed For A Future Without Brandon Aiyuk? →

There are 107 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm gonna trust Kyle Shanahans and our scouting departments experience seeing as we've traded away multiple first for this kid

Yep, Kyle and the scouts have never let us down
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
yes that is correct, I had the pleasure of working with a few young men in HS at the varsity level as an OC... my first was the section passing leader as a sophomore and the second kid I worked with lead the section until he broke his leg halfway through the season... i did pretty well in HS and played some in college...

Polk High? All-City? 4 Touchdowns in 1 game?
huh? just all section, and yes to the td thing a couple of times
math does lie sometimes, the square root of -1 is a fake number

Don't be a moron in trying to be clever.

You've been warned.
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Say it with me, folks.

11 on 11 > 10 on 11. Forget your biases and just embrace the f**king math. It doesn't lie even if your biases do.

we should only run wildcat formation
math does lie sometimes, the square root of -1 is a fake number

Don't be a moron in trying to be clever.

You've been warned.
Originally posted by ritz126:

Yes because that's 11 on 11 football
  • thl408
Say it with me, folks.

11 on 11 > 10 on 11. Forget your biases and just embrace the f**king math. It doesn't lie even if your biases do.

We've seen this when the 49ers were using Kap in similar concepts, but that was with Greg Roman designing the pass plays. Kyle will marry the run game with the passing game and it will be much more effective. When Kap was here it was mostly inside zone and gap concepts. Kyle will use inside zone, outside zone, and gap concepts in the run game to go along with his passing game. I predict everything will be on the menu by the time Lance is in his 3rd year and Kyle will start coming with drastically different gameplans that change weekly, or perhaps even each drive will look different.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

all the best offenses in nfl history have had pocket QBs
and math tells us we can add up an infinite string of numbers and get a sum, if these numbers have a converging geometric pattern... which makes no sense at all

so be skeptical of math

Do you understand what 11 on 11 football means?

all the best offenses in nfl history have had pocket QBs

....as in no fast guys that can scramble and burn you?
Not saying Trey is an idiot whatsoever, on the contrary by all accounts he is an intelligent young man... I can teach you proper passing mechanics and you can learn them perfectly but that doesn't mean you will be able throw the ball like Trevor Lawrence (who is a natural passer imo).... some guys can just naturally throw the ball accurately with very little coaching and do this a very early age... it seems to be innate

You haven't defined what a "natural passer" is. Your definition is that they just throw the ball accurately regardless of mechanics or anything else? I assure you that isn't true.

By your "definition" (if you can call it a definition since you haven't really defined it) Trevor Lawrence could have not thrown a football his entire life, picked one up at age of 20 and boom he's accurate because he is just a "natural passer".

In reality, every QB good spends literally thousands of hours perfecting mechanics. The great ones go a level beyond and become machines with it.

There was a great interview with Steve young years ago where he said being a great QB was boring/mundane because you had to become like a machine: mechanics needed to be there, trust your reads mentally, and through muscle memory complete the same motion/mechanical process each time.

It's not about some magical "well I was born with it!" or whatever undefined definition you are using. This doesn't mean I'm saying Trey is guaranteed to refine his mechanics to such a level that he will be a machine (as many of the great were) but just to say that anyone can improve as a QB: can improve mechanics, recognition, accuracy, etc
Originally posted by Furlow:
passing mechanics are important, and Trey doesn't have them in a sound way right now, and it is disappointing from a #3 pick because right now he is not a good passer.. not sure what you are arguing but that is my point

This is actually not true.

Why do people keep saying this? If Trey was slow and immobile, I don't think anyone would be saying that. It's as if every time a QB is able to run and has highlights running the ball, his throwing mechanics are ultra-scrutinized. People calling him "Kaep 2.0" for instance are seriously blind or biased.

Ugh this is so bad…how could he ever play football

kid is just super young and needs more experience. Kyle will put him in a position to succeed.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for ritz126.
Originally posted by Furlow:
passing mechanics are important, and Trey doesn't have them in a sound way right now, and it is disappointing from a #3 pick because right now he is not a good passer.. not sure what you are arguing but that is my point

This is actually not true.

Why do people keep saying this? If Trey was slow and immobile, I don't think anyone would be saying that. It's as if every time a QB is able to run and has highlights running the ball, his throwing mechanics are ultra-scrutinized. People calling him "Kaep 2.0" for instance are seriously blind or biased.

Ugh this is so bad…how could he ever play football

kid is just super young and needs more experience. Kyle will put him in a position to succeed.

the thing i loved about him in the draft everything thats hardest to learn he already showed he can do it well in college everything he lacks is one of the easiest to teach. The hardest part for him will be the huge talent jump from FCS to NFL
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 7, 2021 at 5:49 PM ]
and math tells us we can add up an infinite string of numbers and get a sum, if these numbers have a converging geometric pattern... which makes no sense at all

so be skeptical of math
Share 49ersWebzone